Sign in to follow this  
phatcaz

What to expect from Gustavo Ayon...

Ayon is Mexican and not related to Najera.

Fran is a FA this year, but if he didn't come while we were good, what makes you think he'll come while we tank

When we were good he would have played 8-10 minutes behind Dwight. With Dwight gone he could possibly start.

When we were good he would have played 8-10 minutes behind Dwight. With Dwight gone he could possibly start.

He's winning titles with Barcelona while making millions. While the NBA is the best league in the world, the dude gets to play and live in his home land. If I was him, I wouldn't come to a rebuilding team.

Also, he wouldn't play behind Howard since he's a PF.

He's winning titles with Barcelona while making millions. While the NBA is the best league in the world, the dude gets to play and live in his home land. If I was him, I wouldn't come to a rebuilding team.

Also, he wouldn't play behind Howard since he's a PF.

He's actually listed as a PF-Center. Technicalities...

Sad now that be have several backup centers on our roster, we are going to lose our starter. Of course Orton should have gotten more pay last year earlier in the year, but hindsight is 20/20

Hey fellas, Im a hornets fan from New Orleans, LA and just wanted to let you guys know a little bit about Gustavo Ayon, aka 'Goose'. Def. does not have star potential, but he is going to be a HUGE fan favorate down there, because you'll never find a guy that hustles and plays harder than him. Very solid defender, although he fouls alot becasue of his intensity. And hes on a really great contract...Production will outweigh the contract by far! Great role player, rebounder, spark off the bench. Very little jump shot , but plays very well around the rim, and REALLY HUSTLES (Cant say that enough) You guys are going to love him!

Anyway, was glad to see the love yall had for Ryan Anderson, nad we are really excited to get a guy like him. If anyone would like to share your thoughts on him on our fan forum, we'd love to read your reviews as to what we can expect! Hit us up on www.hornetsreport.com

Thanks, and good luck with the rebuilding process!!

Sounds like we are entering the Heart and Hustle era part deuce......fun, fun, times..... We give up the most improved player in the league for someone who can "hustle".......Blockbuster Deal!!!

Sounds like we are entering the Heart and Hustle era part deuce......fun, fun, times..... We give up the most improved player in the league for someone who can "hustle".......Blockbuster Deal!!!

You do understand that NO could have just signed him outright instead of making this deal, right? No, this guy is not RA, but he does not have a bad contract and the Magic were apparently not interested in matching 9 mil a year. We got something instead of nothing.

and the Magic were apparently not interested in matching 9 mil a year.

And "apparently" they are "not interested" in being competitive next season either. So I guess the goal for next season is just to have warm bodies on the roster?

• Downvote 6

And "apparently" they are "not interested" in being competitive next season either. So I guess the goal for next season is just to have warm bodies on the roster?

Or to be wise and rebuild. Ryan proved to be incompetent without Dwight drawing double teams. Even with Dwight, he was throttled by superior, physical power forwards, such as Josh Smith. Do yourself a favor and go look at the kid's stats from the last two years of playoffs. Love the kid's attitude but his ceiling, role and worth seem rather clear to me.

I'll bite. How many games would the Magic win next season if the Magic retained Anderson and trade Dwight?