Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Magic Summer League

#1 re: O'Quinn - when I was there today, early in the first he tweaked his hip a little on a missed dunk and then later on in the 3rd he got drilled in the stones.

#2 re: Nicholson - Ugh, man, dude looked like pure wood out there today. I mean, he had some offense when he got the ball but he was just a step up from terrible without the ball. Wasn't trying to get himself into positions to make contributions. His 2nd half D was better than the first but thats only because he played a little of it instead of none.

Need a lot of work for sure but, I think he can stick. He runs weird too, never noticed how he waddles before.

We were there on Wednesday and sat directly behind the Magic bench. O'Quinn is HUGE in person and yes, Nicholson looks very awkward. We thought he reminded us a bit of Al Jefferson in that respect. I'll be very happy if he is even remotely like Al Jefferson.

We were there on Wednesday and sat directly behind the Magic bench. O'Quinn is HUGE in person and yes, Nicholson looks very awkward. We thought he reminded us a bit of Al Jefferson in that respect. I'll be very happy if he is even remotely like Al Jefferson.

I sat behind them on Tuesday. O'Quinn is a big big boy for sure. His lower body tapers much more than I would have thought. Also, Magnum Rolle is flipping massive in person. Not a defined muscle on his entire body either.

Same here, Al Jefferson is a handful on the low post, very crafty with the ball and can turn you either way. I remember Al going off on Dwight when he played with Boston in 06-07. I thought that those two were going to have some great battles in the future, until AL was traded.

Nicholson on the other hand, does have a good set of post moves like Al. Although Nicholson isnt as filled out as Jefferson, he does very well with using his body to get into better scoring positions near the rim. The fact that he doesnt stand still with the ball in the post (Dwight), is extremely important in the NBA. I like that when Andrew gets the ball, he makes a quick decision and follows through with it.... he doesnt just stand there for 5 seconds before making a move (giving the D time to set).

Nicholson best attribute is the fact that he can score from the wing as well as the 3pt line.

KOQ, I like this guy alot, beyond the fact that he is build like a Center and will get stronger, I really dig his demeanor on the court. KOQ plays very hard and tough in the middle, good emotions. KOQ can definitely crack the starting rotation if Dwight ends up leaving.

Looking for some opinions on other potential backup point guard we might be able to pick up for training camp if hopefully Duhon is history and we're not able to secure Wayns, who impressed. Kevin Anderson hasn't been too bad for us, but he's only 6'0". Ish is also only 6 feet tall.

Looking at PGs that are a 6'1" or taller for a nice complement to Meer. Has anyone seen any promising players on other SL teams that fit the bill?

Like LOD said. O'Quinn is a wide body and not afaid to use it.

Harper was the physically impressive guy we have but seemed lost on the court.

Nicholson is pretty much unstoppable in the post unless doubled but will need to spend some time in the weight like most rookies.

I really liked how O'Quinn and AN were vocal on the bench....both seem like natural leaders and high character guys you want in your locker room.

Looks like fatigue has set in for Nicholson, yikes

Mark Price thought that was the case as early as Wednesday. It has been awhile, if ever, that these guys have played 5 games in 5 days, plus whatever practices may be occuring. Now that I think about it, they don't have the time or the place to really practice.

Mark Price thought that was the case as early as Wednesday. It has been awhile, if ever, that these guys have played 5 games in 5 days, plus whatever practices may be occuring. Now that I think about it, they don't have the time or the place to really practice.

I see Harper is doing his best Lebron impression.... volume shooter... Which is fine because I would rather him take the shot than defer all the time. But at the same time, he has to get better at selecting his shot... yes I know its the 5th game... so I will be easy.

I see Harper is doing his best Lebron impression.... volume shooter... Which is fine because I would rather him take the shot than defer all the time. But at the same time, he has to get better at selecting his shot... yes I know its the 5th game... so I will be easy.

I absolutely think that Harper specifically, has been given the green light during Summer League. Also, with the exception of Nicholson, Price and Outlaw have been in Harper's ear more than anyone else on the roster.

I absolutely think that Harper specifically, has been given the green light during Summer League. Also, with the exception of Nicholson, Price and Outlaw have been in Harper's ear more than anyone else on the roster.

Has Harper been receptive of the message?