Sign in to follow this  
three3d

And the 1st Mock Draft is in.

Teague is an athlete, not a point guard. The Rondo comparisons are retarded. Rondo is a freak athlete with probably the best anticipation of offnesive and defensive movement you'll find in the league. That's why he has so many crazy assist games. Teague has the anticipation of his brother, which is very little. They are what they are. I'd rather have a point who can see things developing and make others better. Kind of like Eric Maynor.

And if Ish stays for the minimum, why not?

And I'd rather see JRICH over Turk. Not close.

• Upvote 1

I don't think a single person here has claimed that SF isn't a weakness. It is. Every position on our team has a weakness on at least one level. My argument from the beginning has been that if Jameer is truly gone (which I believe he is) then PG becomes the most glaring weakness on the team. Duhon is horrible, and Ish Smith is a D-Leaguer masquerading as a backup because of fan support.

I would much rather draft a PG and bring him in to help the Magic if Jameer is gone then take my chances on Duhon starting. Are you saying you'd do differently?

Alright, he didn't say it wasn't a weakness. He just downplayed it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/y-sports-draftexpress-2012-nba-mock-draft-no-022900401--nba.html

I don't like this pic at all. We have much BIGGER holes than a SF . Being a moc it will not hold up, but just saying there is no way we go that direction, especially if the player picked at 20 is still on the board when we pick.

As of this moment, SF is the biggest weakness on the team. I can't predict the future so until Jameer actually opts out, I am going to operate under the assumption that he's still on the team. In the case that Nelson does opt out, both positions are seriously weak. Not that any of this really matters. At the position that we are drafting, the Magic should draft whichever player they believe can come in and be a contributor. I don't want to see them reach for a player simply because he plays a specific position and bypass a player that can really play. If Jameer officially signs a 3 year extension with the Magic and the best player on the Magic's board is a point guard, I want them to draft the point guard.

This roster is lacking way too much talent to try and nitpick the position that we need the most.

No I'm right on this, I would take another year of Turk starting if it meant putting J-Rich on the bench. I can't take watching another year of a crap SG. A upgrade at the 2 is so badly needed !! Plus a future + back up PG is needed and if Teague is there at 19 why not ? Now if the bring him in and don't like him im OK with that. Im just saying we are ok with what we have at SF this year. Maybe the new coach would even look into playing Davis and Dwight together and moving Anderson to the SF. IDK what will happen its going to be a new team.

We have an instant upgrade at the 2 in Reddick (not a giant upgrade, but an upgrade not the less). We currently have no such thing at SF as Q is not capable of playing big minutes at his age.

IMO, the only thing worse than Turk starting at the 3 next year is Duhon starting at point (ok that thought has given me the sudden need to take a dump).

We have an instant upgrade at the 2 in Reddick (not a giant upgrade, but an upgrade not the less). We currently have no such thing at SF as Q is not capable of playing big minutes at his age.

IMO, the only thing worse than Turk starting at the 3 next year is Duhon starting at point (ok that thought has given me the sudden need to take a dump).

I don't Reddick is an upgrade over J Rich. No matter how much we like him.

Teague is an athlete, not a point guard. The Rondo comparisons are retarded. Rondo is a freak athlete with probably the best anticipation of offnesive and defensive movement you'll find in the league. That's why he has so many crazy assist games. Teague has the anticipation of his brother, which is very little. They are what they are. I'd rather have a point who can see things developing and make others better. Kind of like Eric Maynor.

And if Ish stays for the minimum, why not?

And I'd rather see JRICH over Turk. Not close.

Rondo was none of those things when he first came into the league. He was at best a good on ball defender who took a lot of risk and had a lot of talent but had terrible decision making. Doesn't that sound familiar? Pretty much the same mark on Teague. The Teague comparisons are because at this point in his career Rondo was very much the same. Rondo was nothing but a talented athlete masquerading as a PG viewed as the weakest link in the Celtics championship run. But over time he got better. Teague's talent give people the same thought.

I would seriously consider Wroten a little bit more, but the other nice thing about Teague is he is a better jump shooter then either Rondo was (or is now) and Wroten.

Rondo was none of those things when he first came into the league. He was at best a good on ball defender who took a lot of risk and had a lot of talent but had terrible decision making. Doesn't that sound familiar? Pretty much the same mark on Teague. The Teague comparisons are because at this point in his career Rondo was very much the same. Rondo was nothing but a talented athlete masquerading as a PG viewed as the weakest link in the Celtics championship run. But over time he got better. Teague's talent give people the same thought.

I would seriously consider Wroten a little bit more, but the other nice thing about Teague is he is a better jump shooter then either Rondo was (or is now) and Wroten.

Rondo took risks, Teague can't even run an offense.

Moe Harkless is a beast.

If you don't want him here its because you either (1) haven't seen him play or (2) don't know anything about basketball.

We have a huge gaping gap in the swingman department, especially athletic swingmen who can create their own shot and get to the basket. This would be a tremendous pick.

After watching a few highlights, reviewing his stats, and getting an idea as to what type of guy he is mentally in the game. I like the pick of Harkless and say "bring him on". If you will.