Sign in to follow this  
VCplusD12

Magic waive Von Wafer

Um... He dunked that one time. It was cool.

Man, this was a bad move cause I just remembered that time he crossed over that one guy from that one team they played and beat by like 30. If I remember right he scored like 5 points that game and only had 3 TO's. Now that was awesome, not gonna see any more of that though.

It's kind of sad that this THIS is what we have to look forward to.

I agree. But releasing Wafer was dumb from a basketball standpoint. This team isnt loaded with scorers. This guy was a scorer. Releasing Duhon would have been a good on court basketball move.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree. But releasing Wafer was dumb from a basketball standpoint. This team isnt loaded with scorers. This guy was a scorer. Releasing Duhon would have been a good on court basketball move.

You can't "release" Duhon. (This has been mentioned many times in this thread).

Wafer's contract was for 1 million or so this year. With a coach who would trust him more (like Adleman did), he could've been really good value there, especially since it's not like we're loaded with talent at any of our perimeter positions.

Can anyone provide another reason why Wafer can still be on this team, besides that he is a scorer? Anything? Like he has good basketball IQ, Is a good passer, Plays good D, limits TO's, good rebounder?

Can anyone provide another reason why Wafer can still be on this team, besides that he is a scorer? Anything? Like he has good basketball IQ, Is a good passer, Plays good D, limits TO's, good rebounder?

[/quote ]

He has a sick mohawk bruh!!

Mohawk.gif

A reason (which actually is a sufficient condition) is that such a decision is to be made by a Head Coach or a GM or both - and the Organisation (at the moment of the waive) had none.

The additional fact that he was unguaranteed forces one to annotate the move with a double question mark.

You can't "release" Duhon. (This has been mentioned many times in this thread).

You can release him, waive him or whatever, you just have to eat his contract. Just like they did with Arenas. Whats a few million to Devos, a mere bag o shells

And yes Wafer was eratic and hairbrained at times. BUT could get to the hole when he was let get to the hole. A good spark off the bench and for the price Cheap. Why not let the new GM, whoever that will be, make that decision. Waiveing him right now doesnt make much sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Von Wafer was the best slasher on our team, no doubt about it. He had no D, but when you have J-Rich, Hedo, Duhon etc. you can't say waving Wafer was a no-brainer. He also got paid 1 million a year and with the same amount of minutes I guara damn tee that he would have better production than J-Rich and Hedo

• Upvote 1