Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

If the Nets win the lottery would you trade Dwight?

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you do Dwight for Anthony Davis and filler?

• Yes
    • No

Agree with a lot of what's being said here. If we trade off Dwight for picks (which is really the only way to rebuild), look no further than the Sonics/Thunder for how it can be done.

It took them...what? Five years? Six? After Durant was drafted to get that team to the point where it was a legit threat out West. But they built that team right - good scouting, good drafting, young pieces: they're going to be a great team for a long while.

But trading Dwight for pieces like Lopez? That won't get it done.

OKC was a legit threat in year three of the durant era (09-10 they won 50 games; that seems like a pretty good benchmark).

OKC was a legit threat in year three of the durant era (09-10 they won 50 games; that seems like a pretty good benchmark).

True, but they didn't quite have the experience to butt heads with San Antonio or the Lakers (at the time). But now? They're all seasoned vets, and credit to the Front Office for sticking with them and not blowing up a team that was successful, but just needed a little time to gel and one or two pieces (ahem).

• Upvote 1

I'd roll with a core of Davis (or T-Rob, MKG), Brooks, and Ryan and build through the draft if a guy like Troy Weaver becomes GM. It won't produce results immediately, but it will be fun to watch. With a few swift moves here and there, and some excellent drafting, we'll be in business.

I'm trying to think of a bad OKC draft pick. Not saying Weaver had everything to do with it, but he runs with the same group of people. If half of Presti rubbed off on him, and we know he pushed for Westbrook, then I'd put complete faith in him.

Really trading Roddy Beaubois was the worst move they've made on draft night.

• Upvote 1

I'd roll with a core of Davis (or T-Rob, MKG), Brooks, and Ryan and build through the draft if a guy like Troy Weaver becomes GM. It won't produce results immediately, but it will be fun to watch. With a few swift moves here and there, and some excellent drafting, we'll be in business.

I'm trying to think of a bad OKC draft pick. Not saying Weaver had everything to do with it, but he runs with the same group of people. If half of Presti rubbed off on him, and we know he pushed for Westbrook, then I'd put complete faith in him.

Really trading Roddy Beaubois was the worst move they've made on draft night.

Maybe he could help us land James Harden

True, but they didn't quite have the experience to butt heads with San Antonio or the Lakers (at the time). But now? They're all seasoned vets, and credit to the Front Office for sticking with them and not blowing up a team that was successful, but just needed a little time to gel and one or two pieces (ahem).

I agree. I think it just depends on what you consider to be a threat.

If we're going to be rebuilding, this is the draft to do it.

If we can get a guy like davis, get another early first rounder by moving pieces around and select a Lillard (who's the next Deron williams type of guy [not saying he's going to be an elite point guard, he's just got that size, physicality, scoring ability combination]) or Kendal Marshall (who's at least going to be Andre Miller). Then throw in a wing like Harkless, Waiters, or Jeff Taylor. Maybe Orlando Johnson.

That's a core you can build around.

I'm really excited about our second round pick too. There are a ton of players that have the ability to succeed but just aren't prototypical players so their stock fell. Darius Johnson-Odom could be a great combo guard off the bench (but he's short for a SG), Bernard James is an equal talent to John Henson but is 27 (spent several years in the airforce), etc.

Only if they win the lottery and even then I wouldn't be sure.

TRob or MKG tho? Lulz, why not just trade Dwight for Paul Millsap or Gerald Wallace since that's basically the same thing.

Or Drummond (but he has equal chance of becoming Michael Olowokandi/Darko as he does Andrew Bynum/Dwight).

But yeah, This is only a discussion for #1. Anyone else it isn't worth the risk.

I agree. I think it just depends on what you consider to be a threat.

If we're going to be rebuilding, this is the draft to do it.

If we can get a guy like davis, get another early first rounder by moving pieces around and select a Lillard (who's the next Deron williams type of guy [not saying he's going to be an elite point guard, he's just got that size, physicality, scoring ability combination]) or Kendal Marshall (who's at least going to be Andre Miller). Then throw in a wing like Harkless, Waiters, or Jeff Taylor. Maybe Orlando Johnson.

That's a core you can build around.

I'm really excited about our second round pick too. There are a ton of players that have the ability to succeed but just aren't prototypical players so their stock fell. Darius Johnson-Odom could be a great combo guard off the bench (but he's short for a SG), Bernard James is an equal talent to John Henson but is 27 (spent several years in the airforce), etc.

Draft Davis > Draft Quincy Miller, Wroten, or Ross

Draft MKG > Draft Marshall, Moultrie, or Leonard

Draft T-Rob > Basically same as Davis

I want an wing and a big coming out of the draft one way or another.

If OKC lets Harden go, it would be a HUGE mistake.

I don't know if they'll be able to keep Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden.

Obviously Durant is staying but someone may throw some big money to the others in the future

If Dwight asks to be moved, and the Nets win the #1 pick. I'd swap Dwight/Hedo for #1 pick/Brooks/maybe other filler to make deal work. Lopez can not be moved in this deal because is a RFA and I'm not sure I want him anyways.

Most of you who don't want to move Dwight want to do it so we can just tank for the #1 pick down the line to build against, this way we can just skip that process.

I doubt it happens though. I think Dwight will be here until the deadline unless he shows serious problems with Alex Martins and the new GM/HC.

If OKC lets Harden go, it would be a HUGE mistake.

Eventually they're going to have to choose.

They're keeping Durant and Westbrook. Those two will make a combined $31.7 million in 2013 when Harden's deal expires.

Perkins makes $8.5 million that year.

They've got to extend Ibaka that same year.

If they keep everybody they're on their way to having the highest salary in the league