Bang Gundy

Rumor Thread for Next GM & Coach

83 members have voted

1. 1. GM

2. 2. Coach

Since you like to nitpick, tell me where the hell, in his whole post, he mentions this as a 4th quarter issue, like you said before:

LMAO @ Scott Skiles being the Magic HC.

Look fella's, you think SVG was hard you havent seen nothing until you see how hard Scott Skiles is. You think D12 wont clash with another HC who is going to preach defense and playing all out for the entire length of the game?

Shaw is a favorite because he isnt these things, or should I say that Shaw isnt going to get in your grill like SVG, Sloan, and Skiles will. This can be a good thing and bad thing. This can either make players over achiever or create mass mutiny if the players dont believe in you. Its like having Bill Cower or a Tony Dungy, both are exceptional leaders in their own right and have had success. Then you have the Rex Ryans and Charlie Weis's, both are and have not had success with their leadership styles with their players.

Either way, it comes down to the players anyways. If we have a Non Free Throw shooting Center, you can have Jesus as your HC and it still wont make a difference, because Dwight will still brick the Free Throw attempt.

It looks like a very clear shot on Dwight. Not a shot on his 4th quarter abilities, but as a whole.

I mean, it would be much easier to talk about Duhon, JRich or anyone else in this flawer roster. But he said even with this HC he (DWIGHT) will not make his FT. I suppose Duhon will be better, though.

Wow.... you are definitely not interpreting my response correctly. What I said was fact, and Duhon and JRich wont be here, but Dwight will.

Wow.

Manu please read:

The 2009 Finals should be an easy example of what happens when you fail at crunch time, on the free throw line, with no one covering you.... just you and the rim, okay and thousands of screaming fans. Besides being the finals, technically the situation should be no different than any of the other 90 games you have played or 900.

When your best weapon can only hit 58% Career from the line, he doesnt become effective enough to win the games down the stretch.. when its tied up and everyone is in the bonus.... where each whistle leads another challenger to the line of death.

Its why I said that Jesus could be the Head Coach and it wouldnt make a difference. The Coach cant shoot for him, cant play for him, or for anyone else in that matter.

This 2012 Magic roster couldnt beat the 1995-96 Vancouver Grizzlies ( Roster Here: http://www.basketbal...s/VAN/1996.html )

And now we cant just grab players without knowing what system we are playing in...... And we cant grab a Coach without knowing who are GM is....... We have literally dragged our feet one this one, and time is ticking.

Since you like to nitpick, tell me where the hell, in his whole post, he mentions this as a 4th quarter issue, like you said before:

LMAO @ Scott Skiles being the Magic HC.

Look fella's, you think SVG was hard you havent seen nothing until you see how hard Scott Skiles is. You think D12 wont clash with another HC who is going to preach defense and playing all out for the entire length of the game?

Shaw is a favorite because he isnt these things, or should I say that Shaw isnt going to get in your grill like SVG, Sloan, and Skiles will. This can be a good thing and bad thing. This can either make players over achiever or create mass mutiny if the players dont believe in you. Its like having Bill Cower or a Tony Dungy, both are exceptional leaders in their own right and have had success. Then you have the Rex Ryans and Charlie Weis's, both are and have not had success with their leadership styles with their players.

Either way, it comes down to the players anyways. If we have a Non Free Throw shooting Center, you can have Jesus as your HC and it still wont make a difference, because Dwight will still brick the Free Throw attempt.

It looks like a very clear shot on Dwight. Not a shot on his 4th quarter abilities, but as a whole.

I mean, it would be much easier to talk about Duhon, JRich or anyone else in this flawer roster. But he said even with this HC he (DWIGHT) will not make his FT. I suppose Duhon will be better, though.

Nitpick? You flat out put words in his mouth that he didn't say. I don't feel like I need to defend Barnette anymore since he is here to do it himself. However, since you asked, he never did specifically say 4th quarter abilities. That is the quarter though that the Magic traditionally don't go to Dwight very often because he can't shoot free throws. I would say that anyone that isn't trying to be difficult would come to that conclusion and Barnette just said the exact same thing.....so clearly my conclusion was correct.

Scott Skiles sucks, why the hell would you want him? :chairshot:

NBA record 30 assists in an NBA game.. Skiles doesn't suck, he's just a tough coach, and apparently we don't take kindly to the tough coach type around here

NBA record 30 assists in an NBA game.. Skiles doesn't suck, he's just a tough coach, and apparently we don't take kindly to the tough coach type around here

Skiles is a blow hard. Dude hated Joakim Noah because Noah tried to be a leader. Never heard anyone question Joakim's heart or hustle and Skiles had a problem with him. He's a blow-hard control freak.

Skiles is a blow hard. Dude hated Joakim Noah because Noah tried to be a leader. Never heard anyone question Joakim's heart or hustle and Skiles had a problem with him. He's a blow-hard control freak.

I'm not sure why you chose to write "blow hard" two different ways in 4 sentences.

I'm also not sure what you're talking about.

Skiles came down on Noah because Noah entered the league as an egotistical jackass who thought he was above everyone. Noah clashed with just about everyone in the Bulls organization, including teammates.

The NBA is a man's league, and it's littered with the corpses of "big men on campus" whose games didn't mature. Noah was drafted ninth overall in 2007 as a complementary big man, which can be uncomfortable when the fans expect numbers to go along with the zeroes on your paycheck. Pretty quickly, it was apparent Noah wasn't ready for the NBA.

Early on, he got into it with an assistant coach, looking like just another cocky rookie, and was publicly reprimanded by his veteran teammates. And, oh yeah, the Bulls absolutely stunk in every way possible. They were selfish, uncoachable and the epitome of indulgent, overpaid jocks. This team drove then-coach Scott Skiles mad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/columns/story?columnist=greenberg_jon&id=4104510

Or, I suppose, you can just keep on acting like whatever you make up is gospel.

Jesus, I don't even LIKE Scott Skiles.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not sure why you chose to write "blow hard" two different ways in 4 sentences.

I'm also not sure what you're talking about.

Skiles came down on Noah because Noah entered the league as an egotistical jackass who thought he was above everyone. Noah clashed with just about everyone in the Bulls organization, including teammates.

[/font][/color]

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/columns/story?columnist=greenberg_jon&id=4104510

Or, I suppose, you can just keep on acting like whatever you make up is gospel.

Jesus, I don't even LIKE Scott Skiles.

Dom, why not post what was actually said?

the rookie said, "I think everybody, like, is in their own world. That's what I would say. On defense, you have to get together. I didn't feel we did that." Noah told the truth. But apparently, Bulls coach Scott Skiles can't handle the truth. Or at least, can't handle the truth from a rookie. "If I had just played my first pro game," Skiles said the next day, "I'd probably keep my mouth shut, to be honest with you. It's obvious we're not playing to our ability. There's no doubt about that. I may have a little problem with the phrasing of that, but the point is probably spot-on. But it probably should be somebody else speaking for the group."
Skiles even admitted what he said was the truth, he was just mad because it should've come from someone else. Well, if no one else says it, it really goes to show what kind of leadership that team had.

Noah came from a two-time national championship team to a team with a coach no one liked and was playing horribly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You actually believe that was the only problem that Noah had his rookie year? Even though the link I posted, which you clearly didn't bother to read(and it was even mostly complimentary of Noah), listed multiple problems? Hell, the quote I posted included multiple issues with Noah.

Well, of course you do, because you're an idiot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The assistant coach/teammate suspension was post-Skiles but I'm not sure if those are the incidents you're talking about.

But the big issue when Skiles was there was calling Noah out after comments that Skiles even agreed with.

And I've seen you've gone back to name calling. I must really get under your skin.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think my neighbor's pet dog is also an idiot.

Why you think you're being stupid would "really get under [my] skin", with the possible exception of a really out of control sense of self-importance, I can't fathom.

You are as significant to me as my neighbor's pet dog.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4