Marc Acres 3:16

The SVG Appreciation Thread

Thanks for everything Stan! From exciting games and funny press conferences to the DPOY's and MIP's all the way to the finals!

Keep speaking your mind and good luck with your next job! I'm sure the offers will pile up soon...

Stan,

Such a great coach. The man that doesn't give a damn about what is going on and only focus on finishing the job. Even though you have made mistake, which in life lots of mistakes are made, you stood tall kept doing your thing. We, the city of Orlando, will miss you and wish you luck to where ever path takes you to success.

Sincerely

dds21

I didn't really care for his press conferences and off court appearances.

but on the court, in terms of preparation, gameplan (including strategic analysis of matchups), in game play calling, and just his overall intensity level and ability to squeeze every last ounce from his players? that kind of genius is irreplaceable. Most of all, he pushes his players hard but not nearly as hard as he pushes himself. That is a characteristic of a leader.

I'll miss SVG. An excellent coach who got the most out of the crap Otis gave him recently. But unfortunatly most recent fans are happy he is gone because he didn't play some D-leaguers or 2nd round rookies.

I respected SVG honesty and intergrity. I never realized all SVG did for the Magic until I heard the commendators on NBA TV talk about what a great coach SVG was. Almost all agreed that firing SVG would be the mistake of the century. My husband is not happy with the decision, and still thinks SVG is the best coach ever for the Magic. I am so sorry this happened to you. I knew you will be employed with a great contending team in no team and will get your ring. Best Wishes to you.

Thanks Stan from the bottom of my heart. Wanted to see him finally win his title here. Enjoyed his interviews with the media on and off the court; just was time for change...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

just was time for change...

Screw off.

Moving on, it's a shame that the average person is more interested in easily repeatable phrases that mean nothing than actually analyzing what it means to coach in the NBA. I suppose I should just be happy that I'll never have to read "master of panic" again, except when I'm writing it about Nate McMillan in 6 months.

I'm sorry, Stan. The Morlocks won. I wish you all the best, and I will never miss a second of your future career as a color commentator.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

Screw off.

Moving on, it's a shame that the average person is more interested in easily repeatable phrases that mean nothing than actually analyzing what it means to coach in the NBA. I suppose I should just be happy that I'll never have to read "master of panic" again, except when I'm writing it about Nate McMillan in 6 months.

I'm sorry, Stan. The Morlocks won. I wish you all the best, and I will never miss a second of your future career as a color commentator.

You hurt?

Loved what he did, but he basically fired himself April 6th and he knew it. And if they kept SVG Otis would more than likely be staying as well...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

You hurt?

Loved what he did, but he basically fired himself April 6th and he knew it. And if they kept SVG Otis would more than likely be staying as well...

Shouldn't you be scouring Steve Kyler rumors so that you can write that Dwight just texted them to you?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3