Enolam

Otis and SVG gone!

Huge, huge gamble by the organization. If it pays off in the end and Dwigh extends, great. If it backfires and Dwight still leaves, EVERYBODY in that front office needs the axe.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why would you do this today without having a replacement? It's been a week, plenty of time to be doing some interviews.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Okay with the decisions, but DISGUSTED with Martins' slights towards SVG. Unacceptable and unprofessional. I'm embarrassed.

Sidenote: Bianchi is actually droppin the hammer with these questions. This marks my first compliment towards Bianchi in my lifetime.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Huge, huge gamble by the organization. If it pays off in the end and Dwigh extends, great. If it backfires and Dwight still leaves, EVERYBODY in that front office needs the axe.

+1 on this. As it has been for the past year its all on Dwight only thing thats different now is we dont have a GM or head coach. So who knows where we will be at. If I'm Dwight I dont sign anything until everything is set in stone as far as GM coach and incoming/outgoing players.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Okay with the decisions, but DISGUSTED with Martins' slights towards SVG. Unacceptable and unprofessional. I'm embarrassed.

Sidenote: Bianchi is actually droppin the hammer with these questions. This marks my first compliment towards Bianchi in my lifetime.

What did they say? Can't watch in the office, it's blocked.

This was the scariest part of that presser by far. To think that the FO decided it was time for Stan to move on but that Otis should remain indicates that we are in bigger trouble than I suspected. I am guessing this is all political speak, but I can't really understand why Stan gets thrown under the bus and Otis gets to walk away clean.

Good God, they weren't going to fire Otis?

I didn't think that was much of a slight toward SVG (if that's what you are referring to). Basically all he said was that Stan is an incredible tactical coach and we likely won't find one better than him. But there are other aspects of coaching, such as relationships with players, staff, other coaches etc. (with the implication that Stan was lacking in this department). Totally true.

• Upvote 1

What did they say? Can't watch in the office, it's blocked.

I actually got the complete opposite impression. He basically praised Stan's coaching ability to the point where it made him look like an idiot for firing him. He even said they probably won't be able to find a better strategic coach.