Sign in to follow this  
thagr8wunn57

If u had to keep one and trade the other, who would u keep JJ or Ryan???

I think Ryan has more upside, being younger, but JJ's more proven. One of the reasons Ryan was shut down and JJ wasn't was because the Pacers knew they had to shut Ryan down: they game-planned for him.

They didn't game-plan for JJ.

Anyways, JJ should be starting and J-Rich should come off the bench. It's time.

Ryno's routinely awful performance in the playoffs gives me pause on him. Really tough to make an impact when the other team doesn't let him jack up 6 open threes a game anymore. I think he should be S&T'd to another team.

You may as well keep JJ since he has only one year on his deal provided the team picks up his option.

Interesting hypothetical.

Fortunately for the Magic, I think they'll both be here next season.

I hope so. I really like both players.

Currently JJ makes $6,750,000 and Ryno makes $2,244,601 totaling $8,994,601. We could easily offer 4 year deals to JJ for 4mil per year (he'll never get 6mil a year again) and Ryno 5-6mil per year and stay at close to the same salary we have now. Ryno may want closer to 8-10mil, in which case he needs to go.

But if I HAD to choose 1, it would be decided whether D12 is with us or not. JJ out hustles everyone on the team and is now one of, if not the best on-ball defenders we have. Ryan best value comes from D12 in the middle. If we keep D12, then I would have to go with Ryno, if D12 goes, then I would keep JJ.

Best case scenario - we keep all 3.

Without reading anything in this thread at all, the entire basis of your question is faulty.

Without knowing "for how long" and "at what price", there is no intelligent way to answer this question.

It's like asking "Would you rather marry a an absolute 10 or a solid 7?" All other things being equal, of course you take the 10, but there's nothing inherent to the question that says or implies that all other things are equal.

And in the case of JJ and Ryan Anderson, we already know that all other things will inherently NOT be equal, even if they end up on identical contracts, just because they play different positions.

That matters.

• Downvote 2

Without reading anything in this thread at all, the entire basis of your question is faulty.

Without knowing "for how long" and "at what price", there is no intelligent way to answer this question.

It's like asking "Would you rather marry a an absolute 10 or a solid 7?" All other things being equal, of course you take the 10, but there's nothing inherent to the question that says or implies that all other things are equal.

And in the case of JJ and Ryan Anderson, we already know that all other things will inherently NOT be equal, even if they end up on identical contracts, just because they play different positions.

That matters.

DOM Youre analogy is faulty. We are talking about a 10...not a 8.5 or a 9. Wow! count me thrilled (and shallow) to have scored such a piece. It is so simple to overlook bad attitude, biploar personality disorders, image issues, and even hepatitis for a flamingly hot 10. A lot of the issues can be cured by stabbing yourself in the eardrum with a phillips head screwdriver or other pointed object. Even if it didnt work out you could get out and in the best case just go back in for a quick hitter down the road. If you said 8.5 Id agree but were talking a ten here. Loss of hearing is a small price to pay.

I would rather keep JJ. Especially with the emergence of Baby. Ryno reminds me of a Pat Garrity if Garrity could grab offensive boards. Ryan can play in one place, the top of the three. How many times have we seen him fail to make a basket under the rim or get rejected? Once or twice a game he gets an offensive put back thats about it. I say trade him while his value is up and maybe for once we can get a decent swing and start BBD. Im sick of the live and die by the three, it doesnt work. Hopefully good changes come.

I would rather keep JJ. Especially with the emergence of Baby. Ryno reminds me of a Pat Garrity if Garrity could grab offensive boards. Ryan can play in one place, the top of the three. How many times have we seen him fail to make a basket under the rim or get rejected? Once or twice a game he gets an offensive put back thats about it. I say trade him while his value is up and maybe for once we can get a decent swing and start BBD. Im sick of the live and die by the three, it doesnt work. Hopefully good changes come.

It would have worked but it wasnt going to work with the garbage on our roster.

The question would be whether BBD and Dwight can co-exist since they are mostly post and defensive players.

Keep both JJ and Ryno while scrapping the remainder of this awful roster - especially Dwight.

Looks like you need a new signature thingo.