Sign in to follow this  
DanA_TBDP

Dwight or Stan

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who should return

• Dwight Howard
    • Stan
    • Fresh start - cut both loose

I still maintain from what I've been told Stan's already gone. Team's just letting things die down first.

But I'd rather start completely over. Supposedly D'Antoni is eyeing Orlando according to Schmidtz (who is a moron) and I would love that hire. Only one player has ever had a problem with him and that's Melo. Actually think Mike, especially if we can get Nash here, would be a perfect fit. Dwight can play the STAT role and get his touches, we have shooters galore. He's the guy I want most.

He gets a bad rep because the Suns ownership is awful and Melo is a cancer.

I know Ive asked you this before sarcastically but really who the F are you?(No disrespect I just really want to know.)

Bash SVG but want D'Antoni? Ive heard it all now. What's the old saying? Defense wins championships right? ill just agree to disagree with that option.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Perhaps, but the "***** defense, just inbound the ball and get on the fast break" style doesn't work in the playoffs

You can't have a bad defensive team with Dwight Howard. He had Tyson Chandler in NY and was actually a top 10 defensive team until he got fired.

You can't have a bad defensive team with Dwight Howard. He had Tyson Chandler in NY and was actually a top 10 defensive team until he got fired.

I think I'm on board with your idea here, but I'm not really good with the X's and O's of basketball or coaching.

Other than being a good defensive team, what would D'Antoni bring to the team that Van Gundy falls short on? Like I understand he would run, but you said his style fit our team better than Van Gundy and I'm not sure what that means. In what ways is he better suited to coach our roster?

Forgive my ignorance. Go Magic!

Ok so D'Antoni did all of that but when someone comments about how Stan has had 2 MIP's a final appearance or a 3 time defensive player of the year you are the absolute first person to say that he had nothing to do with that, can you explain that? I mean it's like you have a spidey-sense or something for when someone mentions Stan in a positive manner. You claim that Stan's offense is terrible and ruins players, D'Antoni's defense is non-existant!

I don't think all of that goes back to him but I'm just saying his resume is comparable from his Phoenix days and when he had a real PG, no Melo to clog the offense, the Knicks were pretty good too.

I appreciate an up-tempo style. I think with our roster, we need a coach that's going to preach running. Let's be real with ourselves here; our defense was good because of Dwight, not Stan's system.

Unless the coach stopped playing him, you can't have a bad defensive team with Dwight Howard.

I don't think all of that goes back to him but I'm just saying his resume is comparable from his Phoenix days and when he had a real PG, no Melo to clog the offense, the Knicks were pretty good too.

I appreciate an up-tempo style. I think with our roster, we need a coach that's going to preach running. Let's be real with ourselves here; our defense was good because of Dwight, not Stan's system.

Unless the coach stopped playing him, you can't have a bad defensive team with Dwight Howard.

How was our D with Brian Hill? So Stan had nothing to do with our improved D as in Top 5 and I'm guessing he had nothing to do with the improved D in Miami well geez, he should probably just jump off a building he has all these great things happen around him and has absolutely no impact what so ever.

I too enjoy watching D'Antonis offense... On other teams beside mine who I would like to see win a title. Running doesn't get it done in the playoffs.

• Downvote 1

How was our D with Brian Hill? So Stan had nothing to do with our improved D as in Top 5 and I'm guessing he had nothing to do with the improved D in Miami well geez, he should probably just jump off a building he has all these great things happen around him and has absolutely no impact what so ever.

I too enjoy watching D'Antonis offense... On other teams beside mine who I would like to see win a title. Running doesn't get it done in the playoffs.

Actually it was 7th and then dropped to 11th the next year with Stan. Drating was 6th both years. Miami was similar. Dropped from 4th to 10th in DPPG under Stan and went from 10th to 9th in rating. He really didn't make either team that better defensively.

Give Mike D'Antoni Dwight Howard and give the both of them Steve Nash, and we'll probably finally see the 25-15 player we've been waiting for.

Actually it was 7th and then dropped to 11th the next year with Stan. Drating was 6th both years. Miami was similar. Dropped from 4th to 10th in DPPG under Stan and went from 10th to 9th in rating. He really didn't make either team that better defensively.

Give Mike D'Antoni Dwight Howard and give the both of them Steve Nash, and we'll probably finally see the 25-15 player we've been waiting for.

I think you might have overlooked my question from earlier. No worries though, I'll just type it again here.

What specifically does D'Antoni do that makes him a better fit for our roster than Stan? In other words, in what ways would he use our players that would be superior to how Stan uses them?

I look forward to your insight on this topic. You clearly know what you're talking about.

6rrdpd.png

I mean, it's not great but if Dwight demanded a trade I'd do it with some picks coming our way or something.

The cap relief would be huge and we'd be getting rid of the black hole that is Hedo, also setting us up nice for the next free agencies.

Just an example

No offense dude but Marc Gasol is as big of a wussy as his brother Pau. Hedo needs to be retired.

and if you look at the hoolinger analysis. Its close to accurate because magic would start losing more if we had those 3. and Grizz would def not give up gasol and connely.

• Upvote 1

For 1 thing if they don't run they don't play. I think Mike would have played Ish over Duhon immediately because he can push the ball.

If we got Mike D we'd have to get a defensive minded assistant, win 60+ during the regular season then hunker down on D for the playoffs. Without Dwight we have no D, without Stan we still have Dwight.

Mike D, Nash, Dwight, is a real good start for a championship team.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You, my friend, are an idiot.

Defensive Efficiency.

Study. Read it. If you can't figure out why you're an idiot, let me know, and I will spell it out for you when I'm sober.

http://www.hoopdata.com/teamdefstats.aspx?yr=2007&type=pg

For 1 thing if they don't run they don't play. I think Mike would have played Ish over Duhon immediately because he can push the ball.

If we got Mike D we'd have to get a defensive minded assistant, win 60+ during the regular season then hunker down on D for the playoffs. Without Dwight we have no D, without Stan we still have Dwight.

Mike D, Nash, Dwight, is a real good start for a championship team.

Mike D'Antoni and championship team don't go in the same sentence. Unless that sentence is, Mike D'Antoni will never coach a championship team.

• Upvote 2