TrueMagicFan07

Rd 1 - Game 5: Playoffs Game Thread Magic @ Pacers

I in no way expected this team to beat Indiana in this series, but nonetheless to sit and watch Stan leave certain players in the game that have showed NOTHING this entire season..Cough..Duhon..Cough..Hedont...cough...Jrich, is what makes it more painful. The only thing that will take the sting out of this year is that ownership do the right thing and FIRE Otis Smith and Stan Van Gundy, get rid of these useless players on this roster. Hats off to Jameer, Big Baby, and J.J. for being the only thing good that came out of this series.

This city deserves a champion, and its fans deserve an organization willing to admit their mistakes (SMITH) and fix them!!!! I salute all the REAL Magic fans who have been there from day one and will continue to support their team.

I can understand Hedo and Duhon, but I'm tired of heating this about J-Rich. He was the big difference maker in winning Game 1 and was huge in the Game 4 comeback. J-Rich has his problems and isn't consistent enough, but to act like he is out there doing nothing is absurd.

I can understand Hedo and Duhon, but I'm tired of heating this about J-Rich. He was the big difference maker in winning Game 1 and was huge in the Game 4 comeback. J-Rich has his problems and isn't consistent enough, but to act like he is out there doing nothing is absurd.

Agreed. JRICH showed up in 40% of the games this series. Duhon and Hedo showed up for none of them.

So what you are saying is it makes sense to give minutes to a guy that is inconsistent and has turnover problems and was missing free throws and cant guard his shadow, over trying to either give those minutes to JJ or hmmm maybe Von because he makes a few threes now and then. Do I think the guy is trying...yes, but sometimes hustle isnt enough.

So what you are saying is it makes sense to give minutes to a guy that is inconsistent and has turnover problems and was missing free throws and cant guard his shadow, over trying to either give those minutes to JJ or hmmm maybe Von because he makes a few threes now and then. Do I think the guy is trying...yes, but sometimes hustle isnt enough.

So, a guy who had some big moments and kept us from being swept shouldn't have played at all? Get out of here, J-Rich is washed up and has his problems but the idea that he shouldn't have played at all is laughable. I also love how JJ gets a free pass for no real reason. JJ shot 21% from three in this series.

Losing this season was so expected that I'm not even heartbroken about getting ousted out of the playoffs.

I'm looking forward to this team rising to the top again with new faces.

me & you both o

exactly! j rich just needed rest thats all.

The only postive thing out of this whole mess is that the Magic were not swept. The Magic FO fell asleep at the wheel. They gave Smith too much power and we are now stuck with these horrible horrible trades. Not to have anticipated that Dwight might get injuried or might not want to remain with the Magic, was just plain stupid. I think it was stupid not get a suitable back up for Dwight. Devos needs to wake up and realize that his money cannot buy everything, and if Dwight does not want to remain with the Magic he will not. Magic needs bigs that can defend. I was not expecting anything, but I am still disappointed.

So, a guy who had some big moments and kept us from being swept shouldn't have played at all? Get out of here, J-Rich is washed up and has his problems but the idea that he shouldn't have played at all is laughable. I also love how JJ gets a free pass for no real reason. JJ shot 21% from three in this series.

Show me where I said he shouldnt have played at all I am saying if a guy is struggling and a defensive liability then maybe you should think about giving some of his minutes to someone else during stretches of the game. I apologize if my previous posts were too difficult to understand, the point is that you have a guy like Von who comes out plays well, and then gets benched for multiple games, but you leave in a player that you pray will get hot or a miracle will occur and can all of a sudden jump and move again? Sorry makes NO sense to me. Do you get what I am saying now??? He should get playing time just not as much as he gets. Please dont take what I said about Von to mean that I think he is a saviour, because he has issues as well, but at least give the guy some burn.

Show me where I said he shouldnt have played at all I am saying if a guy is struggling and a defensive liability then maybe you should think about giving some of his minutes to someone else during stretches of the game. I apologize if my previous posts were too difficult to understand, the point is that you have a guy like Von who comes out plays well, and then gets benched for multiple games, but you leave in a player that you pray will get hot or a miracle will occur and can all of a sudden jump and move again? Sorry makes NO sense to me. Do you get what I am saying now??? He should get playing time just not as much as he gets. Please dont take what I said about Von to mean that I think he is a saviour, because he has issues as well, but at least give the guy some burn.

Von is one of, if not the biggest defensive liability on the team. Hedo is probably the only one who could really challenge him.

J-Rich wasn't why we lost the series, he played a part, as did everyone but we lost because we just weren't as good as Indiana. This team without Dwight is as bad as any team in the league not named the Bobcats. No interior defense, no perimeter defense, no creative playmakers on offense, just a bunch of shooters and no bench.

Complain about Duhon playing? Sure, that is the one main knock on SVG. Complain about Hedo playing? You could at least make a case, I'd support J-Rich sliding to the three and JJ starting. But NO Q, the dude sucks.

Stan plays the lousy players because the guys behind them are even lousier.

Why can't everybody else understand this?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Any updates on Dwight and other things Magic?

Ill talk to him tomorrow, but nothing new. Mentioned needigg a new start weeks ago, but then later followed up with things that made me feel he may want to stay. Its like he wants to convince his mind that he needs to go but his heart tells him otherwise