Beast From The East

GameThread Magic @ Utah 4/21/12

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Magic
    • Jazz

Stan blew the game. In the 4th quarter by keeping Q in the game in place of JJ and not realizing his mistake till late in OT.

Without JJ the ball movement stopped, no pick and rolls to the basket for 2 pointers to BB or kick out to 3 point shooters, and he we went instead to old Magic late 4th quarter game plan that Stan uses....let Jameer dribble the ball to death.

It was uncomfortable to watch this when it was obvious and see the game slipping away. Sometimes SVG is just dumb.

Yes, that would be great but do you really see Stan doing that. He plays his starters with a 20 pt. lead with 3 minutes left in a game.

I say he cuts starters minutes down. No need to risk players getting hurt when we'd be playing for nothing

I say he cuts starters minutes down. No need to risk players getting hurt when we'd be playing for nothing

This plus the fact Utah was playing for a spot in the playoffs. I was pretty impressed by their effort.

When has Dwight ever used a pumpfake?

So because Orton has never seen game time he has never seen a pump fake from anyone on the team during practice including the coaching staff? That is what you are going with here?

I'd rather have a 42 win team that plays with the effort of tonight's loss, than one plagued with Dwight drama. Tonight's ball club was fun to watch. Plus, a Dwight trade would give us some good picks and younger players.

I mean I would love Dwight to commit and end the drama, but with the SVG ordeal I don't know how things will play out.

Guys were just tired. Baby is looking more and more like a good pick up. I love the guy's intensity, but he looked pretty winded at the end of the game, like everyone else.

So far without Dwight all we have are a series of moral victories, a loss to the Washington Wizards and wins against a legendarily bad Cavs squad and tanking Sixer and Piston teams.

Really fun to watch.

So far without Dwight all we have are a series of moral victories, a loss to the Washington Wizards and wins against a legendarily bad Cavs squad and tanking Sixer and Piston teams.

Really fun to watch.

A tanking Sixer team fighting for the 7-8 seed? Really?

So because Orton has never seen game time he has never seen a pump fake from anyone on the team during practice including the coaching staff? That is what you are going with here?

I'm saying that Orton is probably most often matched up against Dwight in practice and the moves Kanter was using yesterday, Orton probably hasn't seen them in live, game action before.

I hate this practice BS. Practice is not the game. I know a lot of shoot around superstars who aren't worth crap in the games and a lot of solid players who don't have the same intensity or focus in practice. Only way to get comfortable in game action is to play.

I'm saying that Orton is probably most often matched up against Dwight in practice and the moves Kanter was using yesterday, Orton probably hasn't seen them in live, game action before.

I hate this practice BS. Practice is not the game. I know a lot of shoot around superstars who aren't worth crap in the games and a lot of solid players who don't have the same intensity or focus in practice. Only way to get comfortable in game action is to play.

Being that hes in the NBA and has played basketball for at least 10+ years he should know how to defend a pump fake. He doesnt need to see it in practice being that its something hes seen his whole basketball career. Its a common skill that he obviously lacks.

Stan blew the game. In the 4th quarter by keeping Q in the game in place of JJ and not realizing his mistake till late in OT.

Without JJ the ball movement stopped, no pick and rolls to the basket for 2 pointers to BB or kick out to 3 point shooters, and he we went instead to old Magic late 4th quarter game plan that Stan uses....let Jameer dribble the ball to death.

It was uncomfortable to watch this when it was obvious and see the game slipping away. Sometimes SVG is just dumb.

That's usually the case