Sign in to follow this  
Justin Jaudon

If not Stan, Who?

Wow you aspire to be a moderator. Way to set your goals high. As for D'Antoni with the knicks. I'd say they look pretty damn good with Lin,(a player who could not keep a job in the NBA with what 2 or 3 other teams) Mike D. did a pretty damn good jpb with the Suns, but forget about that remember the Knicks without Lin. Selective memory is a great thing.

What has D'Antoni accomplished in his NBA career that Van Gundy hasn't?

By far and away our biggest problem is personnel. First and foremost we need a new GM with a great plan and to make serious roster moves.

Furthermore, I believe the following statement from the OP is limited:

So for the record, all of you who want Stan Van Gundy fired, give at least one coach who could actually be hired who would be better.

I think there are many fans and people around the league that have come to believe SVG's days are incredibly limited barring a miracle run during the playoffs. While I don't blame him for what he did a couple of weeks ago, SVG brought the Dwama to another level by bringing his own honesty to the media. So from what I see the issue isn't really what I want but more what's likely to happen.

Assuming SVG does get the boot, my question for this thread is who can maybe take a team built around Dwight to multiple championships??? My first answer to this question is I have no idea. My next answer is that Brian Shaw really intrigues me. Why? He has championship experience as a player and is a protege to one of the best coaches this league has ever seen. So if Dwight were willing to sign an extension with Shaw, I'd be glad to welcome him to O-town.

(Btw, I don't think Mikey D is the way to go. Mike just failed dealing with young superstars in NY, and I don't think he'd bring the respect and trust needed to lead Dwight).

Unfair? Isn't that the same type of thing you guys are *****ing at Stan about? Getting the most out of players? Adjusting schemes? He didn't win in Phx because he ran into a team that defended his offensive team and they could not stop SA because they never once paid attention to D.

Bring in Mike so we can get Nash...how the F does that help us long term? How long do you think Nash is going to play? Aren't we already a team that plays crappy D outside of Dwight? So you bring in Nash for a year or two so we can get open shots except there is one problem, you know the same problem we've had forever, we are already a jump shooting team! Nash isn't and D'Antoni aren't going to turn any of our current players into guys that can get their own shot and get to the line when those open shots that we've been getting aren't falling.

Erm, Nash + Dwight alone would likely be good enough for the conference finals. Add a few key role players and that squad can definitely contend.

By far and away our biggest problem is personnel. First and foremost we need a new GM with a great plan and to make serious roster moves.

Furthermore, I believe the following statement from the OP is limited:

I think there are many fans and people around the league that have come to believe SVG's days are incredibly limited barring a miracle run during the playoffs. While I don't blame him for what he did a couple of weeks ago, SVG brought the Dwama to another level by bringing his own honesty to the media. So from what I see the issue isn't really what I want but more what's likely to happen.

Assuming SVG does get the boot, my question for this thread is who can maybe take a team built around Dwight to multiple championships??? My first answer to this question is I have no idea. My next answer is that Brian Shaw really intrigues me. Why? He has championship experience as a player and is a protege to one of the best coaches this league has ever seen. So if Dwight were willing to sign an extension with Shaw, I'd be glad to welcome him to O-town.

(Btw, I don't think Mikey D is the way to go. Mike just failed dealing with young superstars in NY, and I don't think he'd bring the respect and trust needed to lead Dwight).

As much as I stick up for Stan I do think that his days are numbered. It's unfortunate but I think that we need better personel and I think the ones that are left here...well if they haven't responded to Stan by now I don't think they ever will. I think Stan is an excellent coach but there is a shelf life on his particular style of communication.

Who do I think would work here? That's tough. I don't know what Shaw would bring to the table, we've never seen his coaching style. I would assume he would relate well to the players because he isn't too far removed from playing and former point guards seem to be effective communicator/organizers. I would guess there would be some level of respect for him since he has rings. I honestly don't know who would be an upgrade that is available. If I could pick anyone it would be Thibidou but he isn't going anywhere. I want a defensive guy and I want better offensive personel to go with him.

Erm, Nash + Dwight alone would likely be good enough for the conference finals. Add a few key role players and that squad can definitely contend.

Where we would promptly get our asses kicked by Chicago or Miami. What is your point? We still wouldn't have anyone that can get their own shot when jumpers aren't falling. Do you want to become the Pistons (Post title run)?

Where we would promptly get our asses kicked by Chicago or Miami. What is your point? We still wouldn't have anyone that can get their own shot when jumpers aren't falling. Do you want to become the Pistons (Post title run)?

My point was pretty clear, Steve Nash would easily be the best player Dwight has ever played with and would thus result in a talented combo that could potentially compete; your apparent lack of reading comprehension isn't my problem.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're *****ing high

:chairshot: Nash is 38years old,I doubt we would get past Miami/Chicago with a prime Nash.We need a go-to scorer.

My point was pretty clear, Steve Nash would easily be the best player Dwight has ever played with and would thus result in a talented combo that could potentially compete; your apparent lack of reading comprehension isn't my problem.

Apparently your lack of reading comprehension is my problem. He would be the best player Dwight has ever played with but that gets us what? You guys getting to say we have a talented combo? What difference does that make? My point is (and I'll speak slowly so you understand it) we...still...would...not...win..a...title...because...Nash...does...not...address..the...issue...of...us...not...having...a....player...that....can...get...his...own...shot.