Franchero MVP

Van Gundy - voted least popular coach in NBA

Look the ultimate goal is to win the game. If putting Ish in would not had changed the outcome of the game then why does it matter if Duhon was in or not? It was a good game. The team as a whole was not able to pull out the victory. No one individual caused us to lose this game.

Just to add I think Duhon sucks but blaming him and complaining about him every damn game is annoying as hell.

It's just Duhon. Its what we've been complaining of a lot lately: Stan's inability to adjust by playing the better players. He just can't do it. We aren't winning a championship this year even with D12 in the roster, but as long as this is Stan's mentality, we'll never win a championship, even with better talent.

I was defending Stan early during this drama with Dwight, but now I can see the end of the tunnel.

Just saw this-

My link

Speaks volumes about why Dantoni would be at the top of the list and guys like Stan would be at the bottom. Personally I prefer the coaches that actually give a damn and that take competition personally but then, I also don't think trophies should be given to kids because they signed up for a league.

I have a trophy collection I'd like to unload on you.

Excellent rebuttal A+++ would read again.

I was on the fence about Stan but once Duhon re-entered the line up it was enough for me. I really want to hear why Stan's defenders believe Duhon is better than Ish. I can't wait to read this.

Same with me. His comment about the team being better organized when he is in the game, pushed me over the edge. Duhon cannot even get a shot up at the end of quarters, yet the team is better organized? Add to that the vanishing leads when he enters the game. which leads to this question: I thought that better organization leads to better production?

Excellent rebuttal A+++ would read again.

I was on the fence about Stan but once Duhon re-entered the line up it was enough for me. I really want to hear why Stan's defenders believe Duhon is better than Ish. I can't wait to read this.

I tell you what I'll bite. I watched the game against Detroit, now granted my one game isn't the massive sample size of 3 or 4 that the rest of you seem to feel is valid but I will just work with what I've got. In that Det game I watched Ish on offense where his primary weapon was a floater that had little chance of going in. This is a poor low percentage shot that may as well be a turn over. I watched him on D where he ran around really fast! And managed to lose players he was guarding and be out of place on D. In other words Duhon is terrible, Ish is terrible in a different way. What you don't seem to get is terrible in a different way doesn't equal a positive, it's the same thing. Ish run's around faster but what good is that if he isn't in the right spot? Is it better because he looks like he cares more? I have no doubt that he does care more, what I do doubt is on a team that has lost 2 of it's primary offensive weapons how does it benefit us to remove a 40% 3pt shooter from the floor? If you guys thought we were a jump shooting team before what the hell are we now with Dwight on the bench?

But please, don't let any of that stop you from quoting Shaq when referring to Stan as though Shaq is some genius.

• Upvote 2

The thing that gets me is how some of you want Stan fired because he won't play a terrible PG. Ishmael Smith is not the answer and you guys are fools for thinking he is.

Master of Panic strikes again. He panicked and benched Von Wafer when he missed one 3 after some nice plays that shifted the momentum our way. He panics a few games ago and puts Duhon back in the lineup even though we weren't losing because of Ish.

I'm over this coach.

This is asinine. If Stan were to satisfy this collective group of special ed students that call this forum home, and knee jerk his way through the season yanking people left and right any time they had a bad run, you guys would all be *****ing and moaning saying Stan is the Master of panic because he can't keep his players on a steady rotation that they can get used to their role.

It takes a special kind of stupid to latch on to a moniker given to Stan by Shaq to cover up for the fact that Shaq is a lazy ***** that wanted to put out minimal effort during the season instead of playing hard like Stan wanted him to do.

• Upvote 1

It's just Duhon. Its what we've been complaining of a lot lately: Stan's inability to adjust by playing the better players. He just can't do it. We aren't winning a championship this year even with D12 in the roster, but as long as this is Stan's mentality, we'll never win a championship, even with better talent.

An NBA coach cannot switch out players who give them a better chance of winning? So you mean to tell me that if we had Steve Nash sitting on the bench right now Stan would not be able to bring himself to play him over Duhon? Do you realize how foolish you sound? Does Stan go into a fetal position if he attempts to play what you deem to be a better player? Or is it more likely that the players you think are the second coming of basketball jesus are really just crappy roster filler that our GM grabbed off the clearance rack?

• Upvote 1

It's not that. Its what we've been complaining of a lot lately: Stan's inability to adjust by playing the better players. He just can't do it. We aren't winning a championship this year even with D12 in the roster, but as long as this is Stan's mentality, we'll never win a championship, even with better talent.

Do you not remember watching any of our playoff series in the last 4 years or so? Stan's ability to adjust is a major reason we've done so well in the playoffs. Adjusting does not mean starting or benching certain players. Give Stan a 7 game series and hes top 5 all day. Good enough for me.

I tell you what I'll bite. I watched the game against Detroit, now granted my one game isn't the massive sample size of 3 or 4 that the rest of you seem to feel is valid but I will just work with what I've got. In that Det game I watched Ish on offense where his primary weapon was a floater that had little chance of going in. This is a poor low percentage shot that may as well be a turn over. I watched him on D where he ran around really fast! And managed to lose players he was guarding and be out of place on D. In other words Duhon is terrible, Ish is terrible in a different way. What you don't seem to get is terrible in a different way doesn't equal a positive, it's the same thing. Ish run's around faster but what good is that if he isn't in the right spot? Is it better because he looks like he cares more? I have no doubt that he does care more, what I do doubt is on a team that has lost 2 of it's primary offensive weapons how does it benefit us to remove a 40% 3pt shooter from the floor? If you guys thought we were a jump shooting team before what the hell are we now with Dwight on the bench?

But please, don't let any of that stop you from quoting Shaq when referring to Stan as though Shaq is some genius.

I'm quoting Shaq because I think the nickname is hilarious and spot on. I don't personally like Shaq.

I don't think you should use Detroit game as an argument because even Stan was praising Ish for his great play that game. In fact, he was so impressed with him after that game he made in 2nd string (temporarily).

The only argument that I see that's valid is that because Duhon is a better shooter, it helps us spread the floor better. But the guy doesn't even want to shoot! I mean, the guy had 0 FG attempts yesterday. You'd think that if you're shooting 40% you'd at least shoot a couple. His play is despicable.

I'm quoting Shaq because I think the nickname is hilarious and spot on. I don't personally like Shaq.

I don't think you should use Detroit game as an argument because even Stan was praising Ish for his great play that game. In fact, he was so impressed with him after that game he made in 2nd string (temporarily).

The only argument that I see that's valid is that because Duhon is a better shooter, it helps us spread the floor better. But the guy doesn't even want to shoot! I mean, the guy had 0 FG attempts yesterday. You'd think that if you're shooting 40% you'd at least shoot a couple. His play is despicable.

He didnt make Ish 2nd string. Something was wrong with Duhons knee. The report that came out said Duhon would be back after getting the test for his knee.

Do you not remember watching any of our playoff series in the last 4 years or so? Stan's ability to adjust is a major reason we've done so well in the playoffs. Adjusting does not mean starting or benching certain players. Give Stan a 7 game series and hes top 5 all day. Good enough for me.

Stan's ability to adjust ended with the Cleveland series. He made some great adjustments there, I admit that. After that, his adjustments have been garbage.