Franchero MVP

Van Gundy - voted least popular coach in NBA

Stan Van Gundy was named the NBA coach whom players would least like to play for, according to a player poll released by Sports Illustrated.

Van Gundy received 22 percent of the vote, beating out Bucks coach Scott Skiles, who collected 14 percent of the vote.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1197357/1/index.htm

SVG can be a great coach but if players tune him out sooner or later, what good does that do us in the long term?

Discuss.

::clicks link::

MOST?

DOC RIVERS, CELTICS 22%

MIKE D'ANTONI 21%

::disregards link::

• Upvote 1

::clicks link::

MOST?

DOC RIVERS, CELTICS 22%

MIKE D'ANTONI 21%

::disregards link::

True, just goes to show you.....

But what about the point I brought up? How do we reconcile that?

Players have been tuning him out since 2010 - many of whom are no longer on this roster. I think this may have a potential impact on recruiting possibilities. Van Gundy is both respected by many and disliked by many, it just depends on your perspective.

True, just goes to show you.....

But what about the point I brought up? How do we reconcile that?

I'd assume most players that don't like SVG are spoiled divas and I wouldn't want them on the Magic anyways.

• Upvote 3

Who the gives a "F" who the players want as a coach. They get paid to play. So tired of this catering of the athlete that's going on. I've hated coaches and players I've played with throughout my life I still played and it meant nothing to me.

We know nothing about that poll except that 134 players took it.

So, the 22% that voted for Van Gundy equates to around 30 players. Big Whoop.

Also, when was the poll given? It may have been right when Stan outed Dwight for wanting him fired.

Also, we don't know if all 30 coaches were on the list or how the poll was administered.

Basically, it has little statistical merit and is simply a good talking point (which this topic was already).

• Upvote 4

D'Antoni has been loved by every player he's had until Melo and has really gotten any player he's had to play hard except for Melo.. and Shaq I guess.

But anyway, with Van Gundy it's not only the verbal lashing, its the bias he has with certain players, the refusal to try new things with his line-up, the way he doesn't give guys chances in games to prove their worth (don't give me that practice crap), and he constantly rags on his team. I mean up until this stretch where D12 and Hedont have been out, I can't reemmber him ever bieng positive.

I would love Doc Rivers back but thats a pipe dream.

So.....who actually thinks Internet polls are credible evidence? We're talking about individuals who have no experience coaching or no experience on the professional court. This could even include people that don't even know what a 3 second violation is.