Sign in to follow this  
Hanaway

The Avengers - Now!

Captain America was GREAT

except for Red Skull not feeling menacing at all

What word should I use to describe things that are actually great then?

No. No I don't. Hulk was good, as were both Iron Man flicks, but I didn't really care for Thor nor Captain America, they felt forced and slapped together.

Your'e crazy. Cap may have been underwhelming but Thor was freaking awesome.

Your'e crazy. Cap may have been underwhelming but Thor was freaking awesome.

Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB have Thor rated at 77% and 7.0 respectively. Not that I use them to judge how I think about a movie, but it was nice to see that, maybe I'm not the crazy one.

Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB have Thor rated at 77% and 7.0 respectively. Not that I use them to judge how I think about a movie, but it was nice to see that, maybe I'm not the crazy one.

I havent listened to a major reviewer since the Orlando Sentinel gave a bad review to Two Towers. Big time reviewers only give good scores to movies that define there term of "Art". You will notice that Ironman 2 got a lower score then Thor did on Rotten Tomatoes, but it was one of the ones you liked. My your crazy comment was said mainly in jest. If you didn't like them whatevs, its all personal opinion. I just found Thor to be very good.

As a reader of the Thor comic books, the movie was a great representation of the characters and the mythos of the source material. Thor and Loki's actors were about as well played (Tom Hiddleston especially stole the show as Loki, can't wait to see him in Avengers) a super bad guy pair as I have seen since TDK's Batman and Joker. The story also stayed nice and closely aligned to the Thor comics focusing mainly on Thor learning true humility and the interplay between him and Loki in trying to prove themselves to their father. No comic book fan could ask for anymore. If your problem was with how the movie felt put together, then I would guess you probably are not, or never would have, been a fan of the source material.

I havent listened to a major reviewer since the Orlando Sentinel gave a bad review to Two Towers. Big time reviewers only give good scores to movies that define there term of "Art". You will notice that Ironman 2 got a lower score then Thor did on Rotten Tomatoes, but it was one of the ones you liked. My your crazy comment was said mainly in jest. If you didn't like them whatevs, its all personal opinion. I just found Thor to be very good.

As a reader of the Thor comic books, the movie was a great representation of the characters and the mythos of the source material. Thor and Loki's actors were about as well played (Tom Hiddleston especially stole the show as Loki, can't wait to see him in Avengers) a super bad guy pair as I have seen since TDK's Batman and Joker. The story also stayed nice and closely aligned to the Thor comics focusing mainly on Thor learning true humility and the interplay between him and Loki in trying to prove themselves to their father. No comic book fan could ask for anymore. If your problem was with how the movie felt put together, then I would guess you probably are not, or never would have, been a fan of the source material.

If you have to have a healthy appreciation for the source material to consider it a good film, it probably isn't. The Dark Knight was a great movie. You didn't have to even be a comic book geek, or just a Batman fan to appreciate the film. Iron Man crosses that threshold as well, though it isn't as good as TDK.

As far as the source material goes, and if I like it or not, I will only mention that I have a cat named Loki.

It's already playing in Korea and it is fantastic. I will buy it immediately when it is released on blu-ray.