Sign in to follow this  
DanA_TBDP

Won't be sad to see Stan go - It's time

Right, we had a losing streak, but it had NOTHING to do with Ish Smith. Ryan Anderson and Richardson played like GARBAGE in those games. Ish played really well actually.

#firestan

My favorite play was the last of the first half. Magic inbound the ball...9 seconds left...duhon walks the ball up the court, stands around for a bit...dribbles around the perimeter...passes to Ryan for a shot that is taken a solid second after the buzzer has sounded. What an effin joke. No sense of urgency, no planned last second play....didnt care. I seriously can't watch much of these games this year, it is depressing.

That particular play has been a recurring nightmare all year. I really think that all the drama this year has taken a toll on Stan, and I feel for the guy, but he has to know what Duhon is capable of, and it's obviously not much. We were playing the Cavs. Why not let Ish play backup PG to see if something good happens? He was playing pretty darn good until his last game, which was very limited minutes. If he self destructs, we can always fall back on Duhon. If he plays Duhon ahead of Ish tonight, I'll be convinced that it's time for Stan to go.

That particular play has been a recurring nightmare all year. I really think that all the drama this year has taken a toll on Stan, and I feel for the guy, but he has to know what Duhon is capable of, and it's obviously not much. We were playing the Cavs. Why not let Ish play backup PG to see if something good happens? He was playing pretty darn good until his last game, which was very limited minutes. If he self destructs, we can always fall back on Duhon. If he plays Duhon ahead of Ish tonight, I'll be convinced that it's time for Stan to go.

DUhon is playing backup

Tom Thibodeau/Rick Carlisle/George Karl/Frank Vogel/Lionel Hollins/Scott Skiles/Rick Adelman/Larry Drew/Scott Brooks/Doug Collins/Greg Popovich/Doc Rivers

Those are 12 coaches who are arguably better than Stan at the moment.

I don't think it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a decent replacement, even when he would not be an elite coach. Is not like SVG's job was Auerbachesque.

frank VOGEL? LARRY FLIPPING DREW???!?!?!?!?

You've just lost any credibility you might have had.

Tom Thibodeau/Rick Carlisle/George Karl/Frank Vogel/Lionel Hollins/Scott Skiles/Rick Adelman/Larry Drew/Scott Brooks/Doug Collins/Greg Popovich/Doc Rivers

Those are 12 coaches who are arguably better than Stan at the moment.

LOL. And which argument is that, exactly? Because they don't play Duhon? Put Stan on any of those teams those guys coach and I guarantee you he wouldn't play Duhon either. I'd bet all my money right now that Stan wouldn't put Duhon on the court if he coached any of those other team, because it's a goddamn fact.

Everyone is saying that it is Otis' fault we have a current roster and shoot too many threes...It is true but please do not forget that SVG has to be blamed as well...I remember his first season in Orlando, Bogans won a starting SG spot over Ariza because he was a better 3 point shooter...then we traded Ariza to L.A. for Cook and Evans...because we wanted all 4 players in starting 5 to shoot 3...so we got Cook cause he was PF with range...and Evans who was a better shooter than Ariza...SVG plays the same offense...and everyone in the league figured out how to beat us...of course for quality teams it is easier to do...every playoff series we lost, there was a same story...Dwight was defended one on one, perimeter players been shut and we could not do anything...we were helpless and miserable...after each series SVG was blaming himself, that he was playing too small, he was not involving certain players and etc. SVG is a good coach but if we want a championship we need a different coach...coach who will be more flexible and not that stubborn...

LOL. And which argument is that, exactly? Because they don't play Duhon? Put Stan on any of those teams those guys coach and I guarantee you he wouldn't play Duhon either. I'd bet all my money right now that Stan wouldn't put Duhon on the court if he coached any of those other team, because it's a goddamn fact.

WOW.

After defending Duhon HARD last season, i would not expect anything less from you.