Sign in to follow this  
DanA_TBDP

Won't be sad to see Stan go - It's time

After once again watching one of our young guys playing well when paired with the rotation players (Orton with Jameer and Ryno), and seeing Stan bash his head against the wall with Duhon again, I've fully converted to "Team Dwight" that Stan needs to go.

When we drafted Daniel Orton, I was ticked. I thought he was a giant stiff at UK that could really only do one thing and that was block shots. Well, with Dwight here, there was really no reason to use him. We had our shot blocker and going with Ryno/BBD together gave the defense a slightly different look and spread the floor a little more. But when Dwight goes down, and Stan repeatedly sees that we have nothing preventing people from getting to the basket, he never once thinks maybe using Orton to protect the rim would be a good idea? It takes an injury to BBD to see him get any kind of minute? No coach in the NBA would think Anderson/Clark in the front court would work.

And Wafer goes out and plays his best game of the year scoring 16, grabbing 8 boards, dishing out a few assists. Next game comes and Stan is in his ear the entire time he's on the court. Let the guy play. He's a gunner and an energy player who is a guy you set loose and take the good with the bad or you sit him. Kind of like Nate Robinson.

Then there's the Ish and Duhon debacle. Ish's bad games produce more than Duhon's good games. I don't care that he can't shoot and that he's a little "too fast" for Stan's taste. That's his teammates fault that they aren't in good enough shape to keep up with him. Just because Anderson runs the break like a sloth and Richardson and BBD have to grab a gas mask every other possession does not mean you need Mr. (Back down from 40 feet) Duhon playing. I watched every one of Duhon's possessions and we didn't initiate the offense until there was at most 9 seconds left on the shot clock. It takes him 7 seconds to get to half court and other 8 to get a passing lane. Seriously?! John Brantley thinks Duhon runs an offense horribly.

I'm sure Stan is a great game-planner and great at drawing up plays, but it's like during games he goes into "auto-play" mode and just sticks with what he has. No adjustments, no tweaks or changes.

When you put a lineup of Duhon, JRICH, and QRICH on the floor, how do you expect to get any kind of offensive flow? You have no one who can drive or penetrate. When Clark is on the floor, why is his role anything other than block shots, play defense, and get to the offensive glass? When JRICH or Redick is struggling, why is Wafer not on the court with the "bombs away" signal? When we're getting gouged inside? Why is his reaction to call a time out and change one of our guards instead of giving Orton a few minutes to try and block some shots or plug the paint?

He complains all year about lacking defense and energy yet plays Hedo and JRICH and Duhon every freaking game. The definition of "insanity" is "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result".

Unfortunately, Dwight is right and it's time to end Stan Vansanity.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

After once again watching one of our young guys playing well when paired with the rotation players (Orton with Jameer and Ryno), and seeing Stan bash his head against the wall with Duhon again, I've fully converted to "Team Dwight" that Stan needs to go.

When we drafted Daniel Orton, I was ticked. I thought he was a giant stiff at UK that could really only do one thing and that was block shots. Well, with Dwight here, there was really no reason to use him. We had our shot blocker and going with Ryno/BBD together gave the defense a slightly different look and spread the floor a little more. But when Dwight goes down, and Stan repeatedly sees that we have nothing preventing people from getting to the basket, he never once thinks maybe using Orton to protect the rim would be a good idea? It takes an injury to BBD to see him get any kind of minute? No coach in the NBA would think Anderson/Clark in the front court would work.

And Wafer goes out and plays his best game of the year scoring 16, grabbing 8 boards, dishing out a few assists. Next game comes and Stan is in his ear the entire time he's on the court. Let the guy play. He's a gunner and an energy player who is a guy you set loose and take the good with the bad or you sit him. Kind of like Nate Robinson.

Then there's the Ish and Duhon debacle. Ish's bad games produce more than Duhon's good games. I don't care that he can't shoot and that he's a little "too fast" for Stan's taste. That's his teammates fault that they aren't in good enough shape to keep up with him. Just because Anderson runs the break like a sloth and Richardson and BBD have to grab a gas mask every other possession does not mean you need Mr. (Back down from 40 feet) Duhon playing. I watched every one of Duhon's possessions and we didn't initiate the offense until there was at most 9 seconds left on the shot clock. It takes him 7 seconds to get to half court and other 8 to get a passing lane. Seriously?! John Brantley thinks Duhon runs an offense horribly.

I'm sure Stan is a great game-planner and great at drawing up plays, but it's like during games he goes into "auto-play" mode and just sticks with what he has. No adjustments, no tweaks or changes.

When you put a lineup of Duhon, JRICH, and QRICH on the floor, how do you expect to get any kind of offensive flow? You have no one who can drive or penetrate. When Clark is on the floor, why is his role anything other than block shots, play defense, and get to the offensive glass? When JRICH or Redick is struggling, why is Wafer not on the court with the "bombs away" signal? When we're getting gouged inside? Why is his reaction to call a time out and change one of our guards instead of giving Orton a few minutes to try and block some shots or plug the paint?

He complains all year about lacking defense and energy yet plays Hedo and JRICH and Duhon every freaking game. The definition of "insanity" is "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result".

Unfortunately, Dwight is right and it's time to end Stan Vansanity.

WOW MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've always defended Stan but...

I HATE that he put Duhon back into the rotation. I wouldn't mind having him fired solely for that reason.

Yes I hate Duhon that much.

• Upvote 2

I was disappointed Stan went back to Duhon too. Ish showed some spark when he finally got his chance and it sucks he is getting the plug pulled already. I knew it was coming too, I knew Stan couldn't trust the younger Ish in the playoffs. The biggest problem with Ish is that he tends to dribble a little too much, but that is a mental issue that gets fixed with experience and coaching. He's shown more potential than Duhon, but Stan just doesn't trust Ish. It doesn't help that Duhon laid another egg in his return, shooting 2-7 with 2 assists in 20 minutes, but he'll keep playing. Unfortunatly.

If SVG is fired, I won't rage and join an angry mob, but I don't really want him fired either. I do think someone needs to talk to him about being more open minded with his rotations though. This organization needs a lot of changing however, Otis should be gone under any circumstance, and the new GM needs a bigger group of people assisting him. This whole group in our organization has been together for 5 years and it has won us zero titles and now things are pointing south. Change is needed, and it isn't necesarily with SVG, but I wouldn't lose my mind if we went with coaching change either. Don't go with someone like McMillan though...

“I loved the way that Ish had played. He still may play a role here. When we’re struggling, I wanted to go back to veteran guys. I think Ish penetrates the ball very well — maybe better than Chris right now — but I think we get better organization on the floor with Chris, which helps the other guys play well.” - SVG

:panicworker:

“I loved the way that Ish had played. He still may play a role here. When we’re struggling, I wanted to go back to veteran guys. I think Ish penetrates the ball very well — maybe better than Chris right now — but I think we get better organization on the floor with Chris, which helps the other guys play well.” - SVG

:panicworker:

I knew it was because of the losing streak. I had a feeling that going back to Duhon would be the first thing SVG tried after the smack down ATL put on the Magic in their own building. Not saying he's right for doing it, but saw it coming.