Sign in to follow this  
Bauncey Chillups

2012 Draft Discussion Thread?

we need to draft a wing. I want to draft the next Kawhi Leonard. Someone who can jump in right away due to his defense, then slowly assume more responsibility.

Then, depending on how strong he comes out, we ship out Turk.

Unless we can get Iggy, I'd rather hang onto Ryno as insurance in case Dwight checks out.

By the time Iggy is available to Orlando he will fit the mold of every above average wing player to come to Orlando: overpaid and underproductive. That becomes the problem when your clamoring about the same guy for years, eventually he comes, but the reality of a 30 something year old who has had declining point production for 4 consecutive years (and counting) plus a salary equal to nearly that of Dwight's by option year is depressing. Yuck.

Let's draft our future wings and develop them(unless a stud pg becomes available). Trade for bigs as they have a tendency to not decline so quickly. Yes there are exceptions, but its still generally true.

We have the 19th pick in the draft. I would like to see Magic Brass attempt to secure atleast 1 more pick in the first round because this is the year to rebuild on the fly.

Outside of the top 4 I would like to see Kendall Marshall fall, too bad he won't. He is just what we need. I believe we will take a PG with our pick if nothing changes (trade wise) and we don't aquire any other picks (Dwight trade, other people trade, etc). Given our position in the draft, that leaves few options available....so I hope they go for secondary need: perimeter/post player with athleticsm and the ability to get to the basket. As such, I am hoping for Perry Jones to fall, or Tony Mitchell or Terrence Jones to be there. Otherwise, we are probably going to end up with Wroten or Teague.

Most places have us taking Marquis Teague. Unless Terrance Ross dropped to us I would be perfectly happy with that pick. Teague has some rough spots in his game but raw talent wize, he is a total beast. Kinda like a Rajon Rondo. Plus he is very comfortable in the pick and roll, which would negate some of his half court problems since that is all we run.

would love if we could grab teague. love it.

I get that Ryno is our most attractive piece, but you guys are willing to trade him in the blink of an eye. Has he not proved to be improving on his all around game? His inside passes to Dwight from the top of the key are prime Shard like. His post game will improve with offseason work, and he's already K-Love lite rebounding both defensively and offensively (which has been shown in spades w/ Dwight OUT). I'd be thrilled to be able to keep him, and yes flame away, more or less build around him in the post Dwight era. I still have high hopes if the Nets get their top 3 protected pick we could trade Dwight for it along with Brooks and Wallace for Dwight, Hedo, and someone like J-Rich.

You then have Nelson and Redick (if Nelson doesn't opt out) as an expiring package possibly for a trade, a young SG in Brooks, Wallace's expiring and skillset for next year, plus one of the following: Davis, MKG, Beal. Throw in Big Baby, and hopefully the improving rookies of last year Harper and Liggins, AND our pick in 2012 which could be a guy like Rivers, Teague, Wroten, etc and we have a young team with capspace to still play with in 2013 AND SVG coaching them up.

I'd be excited for a rebuild like that if you ask me. But I'm also an idiot so who knows. But this looks on paper to be a mighty fun team.

Nelson, Rookie PG, Duhon

Brooks, Redick (Beal?), Liggins

Wallace, (MKG?) Clark

Anderson, Harper

Baby, (Davis?)

Probably won't win you alot of games, but with cap space and then a potential top pick in 2013 with guys like Nerlens Noel, Zeller, McAdoo, and Shabazz available? The future would be so bright I'd have to wear shades.

This is what ive been saying all along. This team proves to be decent w/o dwight, add in the assets that he would net and we got a stew goin'! get brooks and that top 3 pick along with dumping jrich. then trade redick for another 1st or combine with ours to get up in the lotto. let that team develope some chemistry and gain experience during 12-13 and add a young top flight player with that capspace.

Would prefer Doron Lamb to Jeremy Lamb

Jeremy lamb is much better than doron. Draft boards have jeremy as a late lotto. Doron is late first.

Jeremy lamb is much better than doron. Draft boards have jeremy as a late lotto. Doron is late first.

Yeah but they're different players. Jeremy is a guy I see developing into a half way decent scorer on a bad team. I see Doron Lamb being a good player on a good team who can play team ball. I'd rather have Doron.

Yeah but they're different players. Jeremy is a guy I see developing into a half way decent scorer on a bad team. I see Doron Lamb being a good player on a good team who can play team ball. I'd rather have Doron.

Absolutely true. It's the difference between JJ Reddick and Nick Young. Two great shooters, but one is willing to limit himself to good shots and play within a system, the other is just a semi-talented chucker.

I'm hoping for Dion Waiters to fall to us at our pick. There's a good chance he slips to us, but I think his stock will rise once the individual workouts start. I really think this kid could end up being one of the best players from this class three years from now. He kind of reminds me of James Harden.

Jeremy Lamb is another guy I like, but we would need to trade up for him. Plus, I disagree with the person who try to compare him to Nick Young. Lamb is a totally different type of player compare to Young. Young is a gunner, a la Gilbert Arenas, and Lamb is more of a team player and plays more within the system. He doesn't need to take 20 shots to score 23 points like Young. Now, he didn't live up to the high expectation that scouts put on him heading into his sophomore year, but a lot of that had to do with the poor point guard play at UConn this season. It was too much one on one going on with UConn this season, and the team chemistry seemed to be out of wack from the start. I think whatever team drafts him in June is going to get a really good player.

are yall being serious about wanting Rivers??? Hes one of the most cocky, bad attitude, worst teammates ive seen coming in the draft in YEARS. why do you think Duke lost to LEHIGH??? hes a (for lack of a better word) cancer .

are yall being serious about wanting Rivers??? Hes one of the most cocky, bad attitude, worst teammates ive seen coming in the draft in YEARS. why do you think Duke lost to LEHIGH??? hes a (for lack of a better word) cancer .

Idk what you watch, but Rivers has one of the best all around games in the draft. Really the past few drafts. He could be an impact player right away. And what famous basketball player coming outta college does not have a big head besides Grant Hill? Thats what being a rookie is all about, these cocky kids get put in their place because there no longer the best players on the court. There now playing with the worlds elite. It should be a somewhat humbling experience. And Rivers is no exception, unless his daddy is his coach.