TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

Another thing ill put on SVG: there's absolutely no reason we should have blown as many 15-20 point leads as we have these past 2 season. We've had the talent to get those leads. That's on coaching. NO REASON Chris Duhon should be playing over Ish Smith. No Reason Redick should be on the bench while JRich starts. SVG is STUBBORN and it will be a part of his downfall. I love everything Stan has done for this team but its just time to go in a new direction with coaching...as well as GM lol

YBR, are you Dwight's agent?

IMO I think Ish Smith is a great facilitator the way he splits the D, plays the pick and roll and his speed and athleticism gets him a lot of places on the court where Duhon never makes it. Ya he does not have a shot but its not like Duhon shoots the ball every time he is WIDE open. His Defense is average and so is Duhon but Duhon is extremely Slow.

Ish + Dwight = Deadly

• Upvote 1

Agree 100% with this post. I'm afraid of this scenario: SVG leaves this summer. Then despite trying to make Dwight happy, he leaves the following summer. Then we lost the best coach we've ever had AND our franchise player.

The first sentence in this thread reads, In order for Dwight Howard to sign an contract extension this summer, the team owners will have to fire Stan Van Gundy. I read that to mean he will sign an extension. He has already signed for next year. If this means he will sign a long term extension, then it's a whole different story. Right?

First I dont know if the story is true, but knowing Howard I have to assume it is.

I dont really believe Howard takes his role as a captain and leader seriously. He has never played on a championship team besides high school. You get all the money at a young age, all the star votes because your a great athelete and a great clown downing a superman costume, doesnt make you a great basketball superstar.

Kevin Garnnet is, has been a great superstar. He leads, hates to loose, doesnt laugh and joke during and after losing a game. He doesnt say "come guys, its only one game".

The vocal leader on the team comes down to Big Baby? he say get on board with the coaches criticism, look in the mirror and play F....ING Denfense.

Howard's destined for a few more years of imaturity, losing, no matter who coaches, no matter who he blames. Until he turns into a real superstar team caption like a Kobe or Garnnet, he cannot lead any team to a title. Howard can play for a team that has that leader, but I havent seen anything that indicates he can be that leader...yet.

I do think the Magic playing this one more year with Howard hand have to at least replace Otis and maybe Stan to be able to keep Howard beyond next year. We know in every failure there has to be a fall guy, because these immature baby's who make all the money for throwing around a basketball, and drinking champaing till AM, are spoiled to core and wont look in the mirror and own up to their responsibilities and maximum capabilities.

I will wish Stan the best when he departs next year and hopefully leaves to have a a better less stressful life (and heart). He desrves better.

I think you all are losing the message from YBR....which is Stan has lost his players.

Which is laughable. I'm not laughing at you, Nick. What I'm saying is outside of Dwight. . .MAYBE Jameer - JJ - Ryan and Glen. . . the other players should be happy that they are even on an NBA roster.

If it is true that Stan has lost his players, then most of them are laggers, feeding off of Dwight and "go as Dwight goes", hiding behind his coat tail. Trust me, I have seen these kind of people before. Most of them are even lucky to have a job. If I were some of the Magic players who fit in the category of "WADING IN THE WATER AND FOUND WANTING", if Stan asked me to jump. . .I would ask: "how high"?

That's just me.

I just don't see Ryan as one of those players that Stan has lost.

Which is laughable. I'm not laughing at you, Nick. What I'm saying is outside of Dwight. . .MAYBE Jameer - JJ - Ryan and Glen. . . the other players should be happy that they are even on an NBA roster.

If it is true that Stan has lost his players, then most of them are laggers, feeding off of Dwight and "go as Dwight goes", hiding behind his coat tail. Trust me, I have seen these kind of people before. Most of them are even lucky to have a job. If I were some of the Magic players who fit in the category of "WADING IN THE WATER AND FOUND WANTING", if Stan asked me to jump. . .I would ask: "how high"?

That's just me.

I just don't see Ryan as one of those players that Stan has lost.

Point.

I mean to be honest half those guys on that roster don't deserve a voice, when they are playing the way they are. I wish we had names to these "So -called" players who say that SVG is losing the team....

I could imagine that same player isnt playing very well right now, and not liking the fact that his flaws are being exposed per second during an actual NBA game.

I could also imagine the same player/players probably not being here next year anyway.

Another thing ill put on SVG: there's absolutely no reason we should have blown as many 15-20 point leads as we have these past 2 season. We've had the talent to get those leads. That's on coaching. NO REASON Chris Duhon should be playing over Ish Smith. No Reason Redick should be on the bench while JRich starts. SVG is STUBBORN and it will be a part of his downfall. I love everything Stan has done for this team but its just time to go in a new direction with coaching...as well as GM lol

Your right. No excuse for that. If players stop pouting about shots not falling and actually put defense priority number 1 and taking care of the ball 2nd we'd win those games.

Yeah...He's stubborn. For good reason. The things he keeps drilling into the minds of everyone on this team is what wins champions. If they don't like that message that tells me one thing...They don't put much stock into winning rings.

I think you all are losing the message from YBR....which is Stan has lost his players. This isn't about Stan having the ability to be a good/bad coach, but simply put his players are tuning him out. AND...he either is oblivious to this or doesn't know how to get their full attention back. As good of a coach as you might be, this is one of the most critical things a coach needs to be able to do, even if that's adapting to what's necessary in order for them to tune you in again. Adjust. From my sources all Stan does is yell at the players (which many other coaches do)...but the differences is they also bring out the positive things. From what I hear there is never any positive characteristics Stan relays to the players, i.e. the good things the team is doing, only the bad. If this is true then keeping Stan WON'T work.

Perfect

Interesting point about Van Gundy losing the respect of some players. I've assumed there has been tension for quite some time because of Van Gundy's style. Recall Lewis refusing to go back into the game because Ryan was playing so well? Peaches complaining about playing time? Wasn't there a lack of respect from Gortat as well? Rafer? Dwight, too. I think that's what it comes down to: Van Gundy has lost the respect of his players. Can you imagine if the reason for all of the bad trades these past few years wasn't solely because of poor management, but to alleviate players clashing with Van Gundy's coaching/rotations?

:shard: