TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

I normally wouldn't pick at you ybr but saying Doc is a defensive coach is flat out wrong. Prior to picking up KG and Thibidou his defense here and in Boston were bad. Granted he had bad players but they didn't even play good team d. The only reason he has a ring and is in Boston today is because they lucked out and got all of those guys.

I not saying doc rivers is a great defensive coach, I'm saying he is a better defensive coach than SVG. He's got guys like Avery Bradley to play above average defense to the point where he can now guard guys like Dwyane Wade. Thibs gets credit for that championship but Doc rotations on defense is one of the reasons we and a lot of teams struggle to score against them.

I not saying doc rivers is a great defensive coach, I'm saying he is a better defensive coach than SVG. He's got guys like Avery Bradley to play above average defense to the point where he can now guard guys like Dwyane Wade. Thibs gets credit for that championship but Doc rotations on defense is one of the reasons we and a lot of teams struggle to score against them.

No, Doc has never been and never will be a better defensive coach than SVG.

Pop yes.... Thib yes.... Skiles yes.... Doc no, and was never known for it.

So the bottom line is Dwight and Shaq both didnt get along with SVG. Maybe he isnt a big man coach. Maybe he doesnt respect his top talent and kiss what he doesnt want to kiss. Maybe he doesnt develop young talent or adjust his lineup to play the hot hand. I dont know what Dwight feels but Shaq felt it too. Truthfully Shaq played for a lot of teams and if I remember he only singled out SVG over the years (and Kobe). He had incidents elsewhere but not like with SVG. People can be good dedicated employees and just not see things eye to eye. If the likely happens and SVG is canned I think he will still be a great coach. Dwight and SVG just dont get along despite being decent people. Dwight just came off as a douche by being blind sided by Stan. Its just a bad relationship between two people who are probably pretty good people.

As for YBRich for god sakes get in his ear and let him know no matter how much he dislikes SVG, Otis is the problem top to bottom. Besides Im sure it was Otis who sold Dwight out and informed SVG of the complaint.

• Upvote 1

No, Doc has never been and never will be a better defensive coach than SVG.

Pop yes.... Thib yes.... Skiles yes.... Doc no, and was never known for it.

Guess will have to agree to disagree. Good point bringing up Skiles, forgot about him up in Milwaukee

So the bottom line is Dwight and Shaq both didnt get along with SVG. Maybe he isnt a big man coach. Maybe he doesnt respect his top talent and kiss what he doesnt want to kiss. Maybe he doesnt develop young talent or adjust his lineup to play the hot hand. I dont know what Dwight feels but Shaq felt it too. Truthfully Shaq played for a lot of teams and if I remember he only singled out SVG over the years (and Kobe). He had incidents elsewhere but not like with SVG. People can be good dedicated employees and just not see things eye to eye. If the likely happens and SVG is canned I think he will still be a great coach. Dwight and SVG just dont get along despite being decent people. Dwight just came off as a douche by being blind sided by Stan. Its just a bad relationship between two people who are probably pretty good people.

As for YBRich for god sakes get in his ear and let him know no matter how much he dislikes SVG, Otis is the problem top to bottom. Besides Im sure it was Otis who sold Dwight out and informed SVG of the complaint.

Yeah that's what I told him yesterday, that it more than likely was Otis

Last year during 2 separate interviews, I saw and heard 2 people connected to the Celtics' team say that it wasn't Doc Rivers' coaching that made the Celtics an elite team, but he (Doc) was a great MOTIVATOR. And one of the persons who said that was a Celtics player.

In other words Doc did not get the credit for how well the team played defensively.

Btw: Doc Rivers does an awful lot of yelling at his players. I can see all 144 veins popping out of his neck.

"He never asked me; I didn't have that knowledge," Smith said.

Van Gundy said Thursday he knew Howard, the Magic's franchise player, had asked that he be fired. Smith said both parties were to blame for the public dispute.

"If he did ask he's wrong, and for Stan to address it in public, that is wrong," Smith said....

On Friday, Howard and Van Gundy agreed to focus on the team's play on the court.

"I think we have respect for each other regardless of whatever is being said or being put out there," Howard said Saturday. "As a coach, I have the utmost respect for Stan. He's been a great coach on our team for the last five years. So I don't think that's the issue. I think whatever happened, whatever was said, was said. But the only thing we can control right now is tonight."

Wow. This keeps getting more interesting. So SVG must have gotten the information from ownership and Otis is clearing his name.

Meanwhile, I appreciate Dwight's candor (finally!) when he said, "I think whatever happened, whatever was said, was said."

Wow. This keeps getting more interesting. So SVG must have gotten the information from ownership and Otis is clearing his name.

Meanwhile, I appreciate Dwight's candor (finally!) when he said, "I think whatever happened, whatever was said, was said."

I think Otis is being told to deny everything. A gag order has probably been issued for all parties involved.

I think Otis is being told to deny everything. A gag order has probably been issued for all parties involved.

Otis is trying to save his job (good luck). He probably feels there is a chance if SVG takes the heat that maybe he slips through like the cockroach he is. I don't buy it wasn't him..Otis has been known for doing exactly the opposite of what he says he is doing. To sit there and act like you knew nothing of it either means you are just stupid and not doing your job, in which case you should be fired, or you are a liar in which case Dwight should ask he be removed. Either way the second this season is over Otis should be first to go.

Avery bradley was considered a lock down defender coming out of college. In fact it was probably the main reason he was drafted.

Anybody hear Chris Broussard on the pregame show,he said that Dwight isn't guarenteed to commit long term even if SVG is fired after the season,he said he felt betrayed by frontoffice for leaking the news to SVG.Im starting to believe we might lose both Dwight and SVG this offseason. :panicworker: