TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

THis shows how foolish Dwight is. Dwight is a defensive monster and both Stan and Jeff can/could take great advantage of that. Dwight wants to be LeBron/Mello and get all the attention from ESPN. He cares more about that than anything else. THat's his problem.

No, he's just tired of the way Stan coaches. Kind of like how an employee can get tired of a boss. Has happened in the NBA before Dwight and will happen in the NBA after Dwight

No, he's just tired of the way Stan coaches. Kind of like how an employee can get tired of a boss. Has happened in the NBA before Dwight and will happen in the NBA after Dwight

Look, I realize you think you and Dwight are boys, and you feel the need to defend him at all costs here, but seriously, the only coach in the NBA who might... MIGHT... be a better defensive coach than Stan is Thibodeau. Dwight could be a defensive monster if he trusted Stan and gave it his full focus instead of daydreaming about ESPN clips and attention given to offensive players.

The only problem with this team is the moves the GM has made.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you say you're supporting the coach you're going to go out there and give an 110% effort, I can't say I saw anybody doing that. Everyone was missing layups and allowing 3's

Exactly. I don't believe that BS excuse.

Isiah very well may have helped usher in Amare and Carmelo to the Knicks. Unfortunately, NY would have never had the opportunity to sign them if Donnie Walsh hadn't come in and fixed up that mess of a roster that Thomas left behind. I could KIND OF get behind Thomas being some sort of scout for us but I really dont see him working in that sort of capacity. If we are cleaning house this offseason, we really need to go for Walsh. He knew the Knicks were in a bad spot but he stuck to his guns and put them in a much better position going forward, even though they went ahead and did the Carmelo trade.

Look, I realize you think you and Dwight are boys, and you feel the need to defend him at all costs here, but seriously, the only coach in the NBA who might... MIGHT... be a better defensive coach than Stan is Thibodeau. Dwight could be a defensive monster if he trusted Stan and gave it his full focus instead of daydreaming about ESPN clips and attention given to offensive players.

Doc Rivers is a better defensive coach and I would put Doug Collins up there.

And what do you mean 'if he trusted stan' has he not won 3 Defensive Player of the Year awards back to back?? I think you guys are giving stan more credit than he deserve, and this has nothing to do with my friendship with dwight. People are crediting Stan with Dwight development as a defensive player when really it was assistant coach Patrick Ewing who challenged Dwight to be a better rebounder and shot blocker, that has nothing to really do with Stan. Matter fact, Howard cleans up the mistakes that happens when there are wrong rotations.

Magic need D12 more than they need Van Gundy. Even with another coach Orlando's defense would be the same because Howard still locks down the paint.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

this does not MATTER!

Every single coach has an expiration date

Y'all can keep tryin to blame dwight, but atleast he kept everything in house, SVG made this issue explode, yet everyone here keeps defending him, it's laughable

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Then you know absolutely nothing about the Xs and Os of basketball. Thibs was the guy who coached up Boston's defense, and it went from "spectacular" to "pretty good" as soon as he left, even with all their defensive talent.

And Collins is a slightly above average defensive coach at best.

And what do you mean 'if he trusted stan' has he not won 3 Defensive Player of the Year awards back to back??

And before Stan got to Orlando, Dwight was an average defensive player.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

And what do you mean 'if he trusted stan' has he not won 3 Defensive Player of the Year awards back to back?? I think you guys are giving stan more credit than he deserve, and this has nothing to do with my friendship with dwight. People are crediting Stan with Dwight development as a defensive player when really it was assistant coach Patrick Ewing who challenged Dwight to be a better rebounder and shot blocker, that has nothing to really do with Stan. Matter fact, Howard cleans up the mistakes that happens when there are wrong rotations.

Magic need D12 more than they need Van Gundy. Even with another coach Orlando's defense would be the same because Howard still locks down the paint.

This is one of the downsides of the internet. You can just make stuff up, pass it off as facts, and morons lap it up like it's based in any kind of reality.

I don't care that you have non essential, vague text conversations with Dwight. It doesn't make you any less wrong, just more obnoxious and dubious.

• Upvote 4

I normally wouldn't pick at you ybr but saying Doc is a defensive coach is flat out wrong. Prior to picking up KG and Thibidou his defense here and in Boston were bad. Granted he had bad players but they didn't even play good team d. The only reason he has a ring and is in Boston today is because they lucked out and got all of those guys.

Then you know absolutely nothing about the Xs and Os of basketball. Thibs was the guy who coached up Boston's defense, and it went from "spectacular" to "pretty good" as soon as he left, even with all their defensive talent.

And Collins is a slightly above average defensive coach at best.

And before Stan got to Orlando, Dwight was an average defensive player.

My point is Doc is a better defensive coach than Van Gundy. What makes Stan a great defensive coach to you??

And Dwight had only been in the league 3 years when Stan got there, still hadn't developed. Stan didn't turn Howard into the monster he is on the defensive end and you know that

• Downvote 1

This is one of the downsides of the internet. You can just make stuff up, pass it off as facts, and morons lap it up like it's based in any kind of reality.

I don't care that you have non essential, vague text conversations with Dwight. It doesn't make you any less wrong, just more obnoxious and dubious.

Ok, what did I say that was false???