TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

YBR i'm with you. For all the people that Love Stan ask yourself if there was no drama and we were the 3rd seed do you really see us winning the east? I don't and if your not gonna win anyways you have to try to do something to create a spark...

I just feel Stan brought unwanted attention to the team at a time where we're already slumping. Also management never said anything about firing him or even Otis this summer, but now after what he just did yesterday I'm pretty sure he's on his way out

YBR i'm with you. For all the people that Love Stan ask yourself if there was no drama and we were the 3rd seed do you really see us winning the east? I don't and if your not gonna win anyways you have to try to do something to create a spark...

And you, and most of the SVG haters, are still missing the point. In fact, what you said illustrates exactly why SVG needs to stay. Even with all the drama surrounding Dwight Howard, whether he's going to stay or go, him going over his coach's head to try to get that coach fired, having his locker-room split, AND having to deal with this atrocious roster, SVG had this team in 3rd place in the east, and had also proven the Magic could take those two teams above us.

If anyone wants to call people out, call out Howard for starting all this drama in the first place. Move on to calling out Otis for making panic trades that severely depleted any assets we had and hamstrung our cap situation. SVG should get Coach of the Year for how well he's been able to just keep coaching, keep winning, even though he has to deal with a guy game in and game out who is actively trying to get him fired.

• Upvote 4

I just feel Stan brought unwanted attention to the team at a time where we're already slumping. Also management never said anything about firing him or even Otis this summer, but now after what he just did yesterday I'm pretty sure he's on his way out

YaBoyR -- any truth to your buddy faking back injury? Maybe Stan exposed the truth to get him to play?

Why does this remind me of....

Jerry Sloan and Deron Williams..... Very similar script.

Because it is. These 21st Century NBA stars are spoiled rotten. We need more Durants and Roses in the NBA. I'm disappointed with Dwight. He is not under the right influence. Fake. Fake. Fake.

Not if us fans have anything to say about it! Dwight's reputation has been severed by this. Now management can see that it's about an even split between Stan and Howard, maybe more towards Stan. The national media also largely favors Stan. Dwight's professionalism as a superstar and go-to guy had always been in question. Management would be wise to save face and save this franchise. Find the best you can get for Dwight over the summer and move on. Create a coachable TEAM that has fire to win. Lakers have Kobe. Celtics have Rondo. Magic have Redick (I know he is in a slump right now, but that boy is a keeper -- you can tell. Dwight is NOT a keeper).

Stan will win a championship before Dwight Howard if they decide to split up the party. The rare but possible scenario of Stan reaching out to Dwight and making peace is my preferred choice. Is this possible in your opinion, YaBoyR?

Because it is. These 21st Century NBA stars are spoiled rotten. We need more Durants and Roses in the NBA. I'm disappointed with Dwight. He is not under the right influence.

Durant and Rose will turn into Dwight soon

And you, and most of the SVG haters, are still missing the point. In fact, what you said illustrates exactly why SVG needs to stay. Even with all the drama surrounding Dwight Howard, whether he's going to stay or go, him going over his coach's head to try to get that coach fired, having his locker-room split, AND having to deal with this atrocious roster, SVG had this team in 3rd place in the east, and had also proven the Magic could take those two teams above us.

If anyone wants to call people out, call out Howard for starting all this drama in the first place. Move on to calling out Otis for making panic trades that severely depleted any assets we had and hamstrung our cap situation. SVG should get Coach of the Year for how well he's been able to just keep coaching, keep winning, even though he has to deal with a guy game in and game out who is actively trying to get him fired.

I don't hate SVG I just don't think he's that good as a Head Coach, I think he could be assistant of the year though lol. Look Stan has gotten a lot out of this team but I think there WAS and IS more that could be accomplished with the right leader. Stan is great at challenging his players but motivating them beyond that is not his strong point. From your sig I assume your a military guy, just think it's great to have a tough hard nosed General but the best leaders are those who know how to piss you off and still make you like them enough where you want to go out and give your all and make them look good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Because it is. These 21st Century NBA stars are spoiled rotten. We need more Durants and Roses in the NBA. I'm disappointed with Dwight. He is not under the right influence. Fake. Fake. Fake.

Every young player preaches the humbleness. When Durant and Rose get around 26-27 they'll be exactly the same.

Lakers have Kobe. Celtics have Rondo. Magic have Redick

20433.gif

Stan will win a championship before Dwight Howard if they decide to split up the party.

This sounds a lot like Cleveland "winning" a championship before Lebron does. Fat chance.

• Upvote 1

YaBoyR -- any truth to your buddy faking back injury? Maybe Stan exposed the truth to get him to play?

Can't call it, I never asked. Only time I asked about the back he said it was gettin better and we moved on from it. But I mean that's a good question...

Not if us fans have anything to say about it! Dwight's reputation has been severed by this. Now management can see that it's about an even split between Stan and Howard, maybe more towards Stan. The national media also largely favors Stan. Dwight's professionalism as a superstar and go-to guy had always been in question. Management would be wise to save face and save this franchise. Find the best you can get for Dwight over the summer and move on. Create a coachable TEAM that has fire to win. Lakers have Kobe. Celtics have Rondo. Magic have Redick (I know he is in a slump right now, but that boy is a keeper -- you can tell. Dwight is NOT a keeper).

Stan will win a championship before Dwight Howard if they decide to split up the party. The rare but possible scenario of Stan reaching out to Dwight and making peace is my preferred choice. Is this possible in your opinion, YaBoyR?

Coaches don't sell tickets in ownerships eyes, star players do. Regardless of people bad comments about Dwight they're not gonna put the coach over the meal ticket.

And yes its already happened, but the damage is done. By summer somebodys gone. Honestly, I've loved Stan and what he's done for this team these past years. I wish they're was a way BOTH Stan and Dwight would stay, but unfortunately there's not

Durant and Rose will turn into Dwight soon

Rose is already starting to speak out to the media more lol