TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

To any fresh blood argument:

Jerry Sloan

Well, there is certainly no arguing his ability to coach.

However, if we can surmise that Howard's desire to go to New Jersey goes hand-in-hand with a D-Will friendship, then surely Howard has already heard all he needs to about Sloan's ability to "connect and relate."

Apparently, said coach's ability to actually coach is secondary to his ability to connect, relate, and be trustworthy.

This is the way of the current NBA players. I don't care about what the guy does prep wise, he needs to be a nice guy that understands my feelings. Nevermind that they guy works his *** off night and day to try and turn this team of slobs into a winner. No, hard work and more effort than what is seen from half the roster takes a back seat to warm and fuzzy. I'm curious, Dwight says he wants to be the best ever, how do you get there without someone that constantly challenges you? No center out there is challenging him, so by all means please request a coach to kiss your ***.

• Upvote 2

from NY Media -

NJ Nets should avoid Orlando Magic's Dwight Howard like the plague, as Stan Van Gundy reveals center's true colors. Nets should steer clear of self-centered player. Howard, the clown prince of NBA players.....

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/orlando-magic-jeff-van-gundy-battles-superstar-dwight-howard-article-1.1057164#ixzz1rHVQJeUB

some NY fans comments -

"I'd love the Knicks to hire Stan Van Gundy! If I had it my way, I'd take either Van Gundy, or stay with Woodson. Calipari is a crooked college coach, not an NBA coach."

"I didnt think it was possible, but now there is an NBA player I dislike more than LeBum."

LOL

After much research I've finally figured out why Dwight, Orlando's very own Superman has been acting like a douche this season. We should have picked up on this he grew out that goatee. :superman:

The reason? RED KRYPTONITE

67feacc4f4997e5e80900dbae4bdb349_1M.png

Which is grossly unprofessional on its own, but the more ludicrous point here is that you're excusing him based on the premise that doing something grossly unethical and unprofessional is ok at long as its behind closed doors based on the incredibly naive view that it'll never surface.

Not only is such a belief comically naive, but it misses the point entirely.

Hell, look at what you're arguing: You want SVG to bare the entire blame here for exposing something underhanded and conniving Howard attempted to do behind closed doors. That makes Van Gundy a rat, I guess, but all that other stuff? That's on Dwight, and when he allegedly told people about it is completely irrelevant. No one's denying he did it at this point, except him.

And actually: the fact that he's denying it makes it worse, because it makes him look completely gutless.

And again: ALL OF THAT argument is predicated on Dwight actually believing that none of this would ever get out in any capacity, which would require him to be so stupid as to be incapable of telling his left from right without putting his hand on his heart and mouthing the pledge of allegiance.

Jesus *****ing christ, finding fault isn't a zero-sum game, no matter how convenient it would be for Dwight and his cheerleaders like you if it was. People are perfectly capable of assigning blame to multiple parties, and I don't have to remove blame from Dwight to place some on Stan. Whatever fault Stan deserves for airing franchise dirty laundry in public exists entirely separately from the absolute stream of bull**** the franchise has gone through because of Dwight this year, and your insistence that "Dwight told them last year!" somehow absolves him of what happened yesterday is patently absurd.

You would be SURPRISED how many superstars have done/are doing what dwight is doing with this van gundy situation. Players ask for coaches to be fired behind the scene ALL THE TIME. Dwight of course takes blame for what has happened with this franchise this year, and you heard him APOLOGIZE for it. The circus that happened yesterday was from Stan bringing to light that 'word is' my star player wants me fired something he had ALREADY KNOWN since last offseason. Why he chose to bring it to light 23 days before the playoffs is what I want to know.

At the end of the day no matter how immature, bratty he may be acting all he wants is a championship for Orlando. If the feeling is that players are tuning out a coach how are you going to win a ring?? Heat won a ring months after they moved Van Gundy. Being the franchise star he does have a right to DISCUSS the head coach status but not the power to fire him, that's on ownership. All Stan did yesterday was make it easier to fire him, when he himself didn't know if they'd be firing him in summer or not.

I understand the Dwight hate. What I don't understand is how Dwight is hated and Deron Williams isn't. That dude ran a legend out of town. I like SVG as much as you guys, but he ain't Jerry Sloan.

• Upvote 1

I understand the Dwight hate. What I don't understand is how Dwight is hated and Deron Williams isn't. That dude ran a legend out of town. I like SVG as much as you guys, but he ain't Jerry Sloan.

For starters, Deron wasn't doing backflips in the media on a daily basis.

I wonder if it's true that Dwight really only waived his ETO just so he wouldn't get traded to the Lakers.

Probably BS considering he could've just opted out after 2 months and gone off to New Jersey as a free agent.

At the end of the day no matter how immature, bratty he may be acting all he wants is a championship for Orlando. If the feeling is that players are tuning out a coach how are you going to win a ring?? Heat won a ring months after they moved Van Gundy. Being the franchise star he does have a right to DISCUSS the head coach status but not the power to fire him, that's on ownership. All Stan did yesterday was make it easier to fire him, when he himself didn't know if they'd be firing him in summer or not.

You said "players," plural. I highly doubt that the rest of the locker room feels the same way.

Also, I'm tired of hearing the comparison to the Heat situation. If we had Pat Riley in our front office right now, ready to step down to the bench, then this would be a different situation. But it is a poor comparison otherwise. Also, the Pistons got past SVG's 2005 Heat team in the ECF in quite the fluky way. It is easy to say it now, but SVG could have gone on a nice run with the Heat in '06. And I cannot stress this enough: were it not for Wade's ridiculous parade to the free throw line beginning in Game 3 of the Finals, Savior Pat wouldn't have a fifth ring and Shaq would have to keep his mouth shut.

Finally, considering Howard himself bristles at the Shaq comparisons, he sure is following the Shaq script in this case.

I wonder if it's true that Dwight really only waived his ETO just so he wouldn't get traded to the Lakers.

I dont but it. I trust YBR way more than some freaking sports writer from the New York Post

Anyone entertained the idea that other star players have talked to Dwight about how they feel about SVG and have perhaps hinted that they wouldn't come to Orlando to play for him? I don't know what Stan's reputation is among players in the league.