TheOrlandoTragic

Sources: Howard demands SVG to be fired

What are you not understanding? Lamar and Caron had very good years under Stan, they have not had good years under many other coaches outside of Phil.

What I am not understanding is (1) what relevance they have for anything I said to begin with and (2) why you are focusing on these individuals anyway? Lamar Odom had several good years with similar production before Stan, and after Stan...he only played w/him for 1 season anyway. Caron Butler's performance actually declined across the board the year Stan took over for the Heat, so not only did you pick curious players from a relevance standpoint but they also don't fit the argument you are attempting to make.

DOM correctly mentioned Haslem as a notable exception, which was already discussed...probably should have left it at that.

What I am not understanding is (1) what relevance they have for anything I said to begin with and (2) why you are focusing on these individuals anyway? Lamar Odom had several good years with similar production before Stan, and after Stan...he only played w/him for 1 season anyway. Caron Butler's performance actually declined across the board the year Stan took over for the Heat, so not only did you pick curious players from a relevance standpoint but they also don't fit the argument you are attempting to make.

DOM correctly mentioned Haslem as a notable exception, which was already discussed...probably should have left it at that.

First of all, I think I will be the one to decide what I do and do not comment on.

Second, your original comment was discounting Stan work with Wade to which Dom responded with Haslem as an example, which you also discounted. This would be why I brought up Lamar who was not ever known for playing good D while with the Clippers, but was part of a very tough defensive team in Miami. I would say the same thing applies to Caron.

I'm going to exercise my right to not comment on this any further now since you have suceeded in taking the fun out of conversing about this....hope that is ok with you.

Someone obviously doesn't realize how bad Lopez is.

The guy that averaged 20.4ppg, 6.0rpg last year, and shoots 80% from the FT line? Yeah. He's horrible.

Obviously the deal that was on the table prior to the season beginning is no longer viable. However, anything similar to that would need to be looked at favorably considering Dwight's heart can be questioned at nearly every juncture this year.

this is where being a homer goes too far.

What did Dwight do for this team this year besides corrupt the lockerroom and derail the team's spirit to the brink of implosion?

The moment the Magic let SVG go, he would have 15 offers at twice what the Magis are paying him.

The guys that averaged 20.4ppg, 6.0rpg last year, and shoots 80% from the FT line? Yeah. He's horrible.

Obviously the deal that was on the table prior to the season beginning is no lobger viable. However, anything similar to that would need to be looked at favorably considering Dwight's heart can be questioned at nearly every juncture this year.

I'm not really in love with the idea of bringing in a guy that has always been soft and now has a suspect wheel to go with it. Only way you can live with a soft big is to put a shot blocked with him and some badass perimeter guys.

The guys that averaged 20.4ppg, 6.0rpg last year, and shoots 80% from the FT line? Yeah. He's horrible.

Obviously the deal that was on the table prior to the season beginning is no lobger viable. However, anything similar to that would need to be looked at favorably considering Dwight's heart can be questioned at nearly every juncture this year.

Considering that there are not that many "True" Centers in the league, Lopez isn't horrible and would be a above average big man. While he can score the post his lack of rebounding is what is really holding him back, Brook has never averaged over 9 rebounds a game.

Now, why is one of the tallest guys on the court, constantly under the rim, only able to average 8 rebounds per game? Because his agility isn't that great and he doesn't have the lift in his jump, which also explains his low shot blocking. So defensively Brook is below average.

In essence, Brook isn't bad.... But he isn't great either.. And it's only due to the low supply of good, athletic Centers. However, the McGee's, the Ibakas, the Jordans of young centers are maturing, and will challenge Brook in the Center rankings. Which will drop Lopez a few spots, if he can't pick up the pace on defense and rebounding (but this might be a physical limitation).

I'm not really in love with the idea of bringing in a guy that has always been soft and now has a suspect wheel to go with it. Only way you can live with a soft big is to put a shot blocked with him and some badass perimeter guys.

I don't really think Lopez is all that soft. He's just not the beast that Dwight is - frankly nobody is. On top of that, there really aren't any players that would compare to Dwight. The thought process here is that if Dwight has bailed on the organization it would be best to receive some compensation. We could do a lot worse than Lopez, Brooks and future 1st rounders.

Hell, I'd take Cousins, their first round pick and any other servicable player off their roster.

I don't really think Lopez is all that soft. He's just not the beast that Dwight is - frankly nobody is. On top of that, there really aren't any players that would compare to Dwight. The thought process here is that if Dwight has bailed on the organization it would be best to receive some compensation. We could do a lot worse than Lopez, Brooks and future 1st rounders.

Hell, I'd take Cousins, their first round pick and any other servicable player off their roster.

I know what you mean. When I look at Lopez all I see is a 7ftr that averages 6 brds a game. That makes me sick. Ryan is ten times the rebounder Brook is and its all done with out being able to explode off the floor. It's all effort and not being afraid to get hit, and that is why I want no part of Brook. He's happy to do the pretty stuff but he is the type that will get ***** slapped in the playoffs. I would take Noah and his ugly jumper any day over a guy like Lopez.

• Upvote 1

Yeah a 7 footer who shoots under 50% and averages under 7 boards a game and plays no defense and missed an entire year essentially because of leg injuries.

Sounds like someone we should definitely trade Dwight for and sign to a large contract!!!!

You would think year with stan should change lopez? You heard it all season how Stan put huge emphasis on Ryan to rebound more and now you see the results.

You would think year with stan should change lopez? You heard it all season how Stan put huge emphasis on Ryan to rebound more and now you see the results.

No, because Lopez has physical limitations that won't allow him to change.

From someone who hasn't watched him too much, is he that much softer than guys like Pau Gasol, Blake Griffin or Roy Hibbert. His career shot-blocking numbers are solid, and his first two seasons his rebounds were decent. Does anyone think that with some good coaching he could improve. Currently, Orlando has one of the toughest, most hard-working big men ever as an assistant coach, so maybe Ewing could put some hair on his chest. I've only seen him play a handful of times in the NBA, and he didn't look like a lost cause defensively.

Offensively, he has looked solid every time I've seen him, and his numbers back that up. He doesn't shoot an ideal % from the floor for a big man (though no worse than Tim Duncan's, I think), but his great FT% makes up for that, in my opinion.

I'm not saying it's a fair trade for Dwight. In fact, I think a straight-up trade would be beyond foolish. But with some picks (especially a top-3 pick if they can get one) he may be the best thing available, and if we do let Anderson go to some desperate team that offers him way too much, a Lopez/Baby front court might be solid, as good help-defending 4's can hide a little softness from a 5. Anything has got to be better than Orlando's current total lack of defensive rim presence.