Babir_9

2012 Offseason

So we have no interest in Marshon or Brook but the deal is gaining traction? Why would we take 2 players we do not like, one of which will be on a HORRIBLE contract when we just let Ryan go because his contract offer was not acceptable? Does that make sense to any of you?

Nope and the not wanting Brooks really didn't. We've stockpiled bigs and don't want Hump, yet we expect no swing men in return? Whether they fit into the plan or not, he's an asset and cheap enough to move.

Doesn't jive to me.

Can someone explain to me why Otis was (basically) fired because he wanted to make this trade, yet now the nets deal is the best scenario?

Obviously none of us want Lopez or Hump, but as someone else asked, why is taking Humphries such a bad thing? He's a legit 10 & 15 guy, and if we are taking Lopez by god I'd want someone like Hump next to him to do the dirty work.

Still want us to get Ibaka & Harden. Or Iggy, KMart & Parsons somehow.

That can't be the best option for this franchise. And if this management team, yet again, makes a piss poor decision (in regards to the direction of this team), I am out. I've been a fan (and been going to games) since moving here in 1994. I've stuck with this team through thick and thin. But this would be the final straw for me. I'd rather see him sit out this season, and let him walk next year, then take on a maxed out Brooke Lopez (and trash) for Howard. Look at what the Hornets got for CP3, and the Jazz for Deron Williams...

What did they get for CP3 and D-Will? The Hornets got Eric Gordon who is now on a max contract (and he is no more deserving of it than Lopez is), Aminu (who hasn't shown much of anything) and a pick, which turned into Austin Rivers.

Utah got Derrick Favors, who hasn't lived up to his hype and a pick that turned into Kanter who hasn't done anything big yet either.

The Hornets got a solid package, but they got really lucky winning the lottery. If they didn't, they were in no man's land.

Unfortunatly, we aren't going to get a proven All Star for Dwight. We're talking a young player picks and dumping veteran trash. Yes, it will lead to some frustrating years, but as a real die hard Magic fan, I'll cheer for my team every night no matter who we trade for.

4 years/58m on Brook Lopez makes me sad

14 mill a year for a center who gives you nothing on D, doesn't pass well, and could potentially have a chronically bad wheel? I mean that isn't just stupid, Hennigan would have to be some sort of double agent working for other teams in an effort to make sure we are never competitive again.

• Upvote 1

So we have no interest in Marshon or Brook but the deal is gaining traction? Why would we take 2 players we do not like, one of which will be on a HORRIBLE contract when we just let Ryan go because his contract offer was not acceptable? Does that make sense to any of you?

Where did you hear the Magic don't want Lopez?

14 mill a year for a center who gives you nothing on D, doesn't pass well, and could potentially have a chronically bad wheel? I mean that isn't just stupid, Hennigan would have to be some sort of double agent working for other teams in an effort to make sure we are never competitive again.

Doesn’t add up does it, if the rumors are true Otis tried to take that package but was blocked by Alex/RDV. Don’t see why just because we have a different GM it becomes any more attractive? This would make every bonehead move this organisation has taken before look good.

Doesn’t add up does it, if the rumors are true Otis tried to take that package but was blocked by Alex/RDV. Don’t see why just because we have a different GM it becomes any more attractive? This would make every bonehead move this organisation has taken before look good.

The reason Alex/RDV blocked the Nets deal last year was because they wanted to convince Dwight to stay. This time around, they appear ready to move on.

I do hope we seriously don't give the Cavs MarShon Brooks in this deal. We need wing help and he could be an asset to a rebuilding team. We shouldn't have to miss out on him to give Cleveland some incentive to take Kris Humphries.

Where did you hear the Magic don't want Lopez?

The same rumor mills that have been giving us the rest of this information. Also think about this, if Brook is such an attractive piece why are other teams not attempting to sign him to an offer sheet? If another team wanted him right now they could throw a large offer at him and Brooklyn would be forced to match and lose the cap space to sign Dwight, it would be the perfect way to steal the guy without having to trade for him. No one seems to have any interest in Brook because he sucks.

I hope we still make trade with Rockets...we'll get good young players, draft pick and Dwight will be lucky to make playoffs...and then in offseason he would have to resign with Rockets or in a best case scenario with Mavs...