Babir_9

2012 Offseason

This is turning out to be a great offseason for the Magic. New strategy: do nothing and let other teams spend way too much on terrible players.

I am rather concerned with a possible trade with the Lakers. Seems to me that we would be trading one malcontent for another with bad knees and a head case like Metta World Peace :huh: Are these the kind of players that Hennigan said he wanted here? This franchise has before experienced the "how are you gonna keep 'em down on the farm after they've see Paree?" syndrome and is facing it again as well as the super player with bad wheels debacle. Should we go for the trifecta? I'm worried. Can someone make me feel better about this trade stuff?

Because imo the second best C in the league is the best replacement for the first. Plus Bynum is younger and would WANT to be here.

I was 1st totally against Bynum coming here via trade because of his attitude and his knee. But the more I let that thought sit, the more intrigued I am by it. LA is all "glit and glamour". I would imagine it would be easy to be distracted. Orlando is a more subdued town. Maybe easier to settle down... If he buys into Henny's mindset and stays healthy, I think we would be better off than with 12. That's assuming we are able to ditch Hedos contract. Maybe if we were able to work a 3-way trade with Hou and give them Gasol, we could try to pull Lowry or K-Mart.

Just letting my thoughts be known. Enjoy.

• Upvote 1

I just think it would be funny to get Bynum out from under Kobe's shadow and send Dwight's whining ass under Kobe's shadow.

• Upvote 2

I was 1st totally against Bynum coming here via trade because of his attitude and his knee. But the more I let that thought sit, the more intrigued I am by it. LA is all "glit and glamour". I would imagine it would be easy to be distracted. Orlando is a more subdued town. Maybe easier to settle down... If he buys into Henny's mindset and stays healthy, I think we would be better off than with 12. That's assuming we are able to ditch Hedos contract. Maybe if we were able to work a 3-way trade with Hou and give them Gasol, we could try to pull Lowry or K-Mart.

Just letting my thoughts be known. Enjoy.

Also to add I believe him having his own team and him being the man will only help with his maturity.

I just hope Dwight does not find his way to the Nets. I'll hear about him every damn day, as if I haven't heard enough about it the last year or so.

Does anyone think this whole Dwight saga will hurt our chances at FAs in 2013 or will money talk? I mean for some reason we cant keep star players here.

I wouldn't worry about it. Fans aren't the only ones who are taking notice of how poorly Dwight is handling this. I also don't see us trying to rebuild via free agency, based off of who our GM is, his track record, some of the guys he hired (all draft gurus), and their track records.