Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Why does everyone want to keep Dwight and just let him walk, why delay the rebuilding process by another year? Keeping Howard will just take us out of the lottery and make us a late seed playoff team which means another pick around 20 or so. If we trade him now we are bound to be one of the worst teams in the league and chances at getting a high pick is pretty good.

Of course I'm not saying you trade him to just anyone to get rid of him, but I would rather trade him to a team and get back expiring contracts plus picks/young talent then just getting the 8th seed in the playoffs and losing out on our own pick.

The only way I wouldn't trade Howard is if the Nets end up getting Joe Johnson and they end up having no cap room for Dwight then things may get interesting.

But wait a minute, isn't expiring contracts and Dwight's contract exactly the same thing? Also, receiving picks in a trade would be the equivalent of having a stinky year and earning them ourselves. So we get a raw deal no matter what.

Unless of course we can pick up some really high quality guys in a trade. It's a shame that this is the least likely outcome.

The popular stance as far as keeping him goes, is to have him sit the year out on the inactive list while we tank. If he goes, Turk and Duhon (or JRich) have to go with him, and we need young prospects and picks. I'm just not sure how exactly that would happen.

And that's just absurd if you think were just going to put Dwight on the inactive list. Talk about making the Magic organization look bad....

Those picks from Houston would have been nice.

Yep. I was arguing this point last week. Dwight never would have let us know of his intentions prior to the draft though. Not with Houston acquiring picks to try to make a deal for him. Henny maybe should have pushed the issue b4 the draft, although in his defense, there really wasn't much time.

But wait a minute, isn't expiring contracts and Dwight's contract exactly the same thing? Also, receiving picks in a trade would be the equivalent of having a stinky year and earning them ourselves. So we get a raw deal no matter what.

Unless of course we can pick up some really high quality guys in a trade. It's a shame that this is the least likely outcome.

No it's not the same thing as I just said, keeping Dwight means we are a playoff team taking us out of the lotto again....

And receiving picks would be an ADDITION to our own high pick, so again it's not the same thing

And that's just absurd if you think were just going to put Dwight on the inactive list. Talk about making the Magic organization look bad....

Not as bad as it sounds. I doubt it would happen, but when you have a player who is a crappy teammate and can't get along with anyone in the organization, they usually get to sit and watch. (IE Lamar Odom.) If it's best for us, and we have him under contract, I don't see why that makes us the bad guy.

Revenge? No. I just want Dwight to take responsibility and the criticism that comes with it. I'm pretty sure this is the same sentiment SVG had before the press conference that probably sealed his fate. He was as fed up with all the BS as we are now and I respect SVG for calling Dwight out.

it's pretty clear that he is an arrogant person and won't man up to his actions...

he told magic fans that he loves the city so much and his heart is in orlando... isn't that a straight up lie? his true intention was never to stay here for the fans and play for the city... he waived his ETO for a reason, someone's gotta check into tha

It's always been about what he wants and he is going to lie and do whatever it takes to make him feel good; getting max, traded to his destination... and have no care to the magic city and fans

No it's not the same thing as I just said, keeping Dwight means we are a playoff team taking us out of the lotto again....

Not if we run Dudoo at PG and trade D12 at the deadline. NJ won't have the money to sign him either, so more teams would likely be in play to take a chance

it's pretty clear that he is an arrogant person and won't man up to his actions...

he told magic fans that he loves the city so much and his heart is in orlando... isn't that a straight up lie? his true intention was never to stay here for the fans and play for the city... he waived his ETO for a reason, someone's gotta check into tha

It's always been about what he wants and he is going to lie and do whatever it takes to make him feel good; getting max, traded to his destination... and have no care to the magic city and fans

I agree completely

And receiving picks would be an ADDITION to our own high pick, so again it's not the same thing

Plausibly, we keep Dwight and he's still pissy, so he stays in LA to 'rehab' his back for 60 games and plays limited minutes to see out the season.

The picks we would get? You'd prefer let's say picks 12, 14, and 16 than pick 3 and maybe 20 something?

Not having a go at all btw.

Not if we run Dudoo at PG and trade D12 at the deadline. NJ won't have the money to sign him either, so more teams would likely be in play to take a chance

Still a playoff team as long as Dwight is playing and either way we are going to have way more wins that we would if we traded him now.

Also I don't buy the whole thing on how we will get better deals at the dead line, where were those great deals at the dead line last year? I'm pretty sure they got worse and it becomes a gamble if you wait that long. If you're going to trade him you do it now.

Its your prerogative if you want to ignore what a douschebag Dwight is, but I think I speak for the majority when I say he has worn out his welcome here in Orlando. This whole thing is a mess that Dwight created and his trying to save his image in Orlando by saying "I would never disrespect the fans and the organization in my city" is laughable at best, if not downright deceitful. This guy is a joke, and is the laughing stock of the NBA at the moment. I wonder if its even dawned on him that his image may be tarnished beyond repair and he may ultimately miss out on all those millions he was counting on in endorsements if he ever does make it to BK? I agree with others, this guy isn't coming off as a very bright person at the moment, much less a leader or a champion...at least in terms of character.

Uh-huh, Michael Jordan, LeBron James, D'Wade, Shaq, Kobe, Barkley, Bird, and Karl Malone were all douchebags by all accounts, too. Listen: I'm not a fan of them, or Dwight, because I think they're awesome people that I want to hang out with.

I'm a fan of Dwight's because he's a great basketball player that could help my favorite team win a championship. Name three centers that are playing right now that are better than Dwight, or have the effect on the game that he does. Exactly.

With a team of bench players, he's basically single-handedly got us to 50+ wins. You want to see what we're like without him, just look at what happened when he went out with his back injury.

Do I like the way he's handling this? No. But I also realize basketball is a freaking game: you have "professionals" in their early to mid-twenties playing a game for a living.

You expect these guys to be pinnacles of maturity? No. All you hope for is that they play hard for your team or at least net them good pieces if they leave.

So yes: I'll root for Dwight Howard as long as he's a member of the Magic organization.

Josh Robbins @JoshuaBRobbins

Hennigan said head-coaching experience and experiences as a good #NBA player would be positives in team's HC search

Josh Robbins @JoshuaBRobbins

Hennigan said teams have shown "significant" interests in D12. But any talks are very preliminary & not involved