Babir_9

2012 Offseason

honestly... this is the last shot for D12 to fix this.... if he leaves ORL at any time... he is done... for real

cause ppl are really tired of him... if he is smart he would be determined and do the right thing... but he aint smart

Very true (about young players in general getting caught up in the NBA lifestyle).

A lot of players have egos though unfortunately. No excuse for Dwight imo. I think Dwight should man up and quit being so passive & "back and forth" about the issue. He should make a decision and live with it. I know it's his life and this is a big decision, but he's had a few years to figure this out ahead of time. His indecisiveness is getting drawn out and unbearable at this point. It's hurting the organization, his teammates/coaches, and the organization's fans.

YBR is right... Dwight should make (come out with) a statement if he can. This is getting a bit ridiculous.

I completely agree.

The Magic have paid him millions of dollars, My guess is Rich Devos feels disrespected by everything and wants Dwight to come see him man to man....just my opinion..

I feel old for distinctly remembering when Gay and Iggy WERE rebuilding pieces.

Wanna come over for some prune juice and oatmeal?

yea why dont people like martin... that expiring contract is worth alot

I don't mind Martin and his expiring contract but I'd rather get Jeremy Lamb instead He's young, he's a great scorer, and I love his potential. IMO he just needs to add about 10-12 pounds of muscle which I'm sure he will

Rockets fan here, in the beginning I actually wanted Dwight but now, I feel sorry for you Magic fans and know what you are going through.

My brain wants Dwight in Houston in a Rocket jersey but my heart wants him to extend with Orlando.

Again, so sorry about this. Hope everything works out for you guys.

• Upvote 1

Trade Dwight for rebuilding pieces, not Rudy Gay or Iggy. You're delaying the inevitable by doing so.

I actually think Rudy or Iggy wouldn't be bad pieces to have in return if Dwight is being traded away. I wouldn't mind. But you are correct about one thing... if I had it my way I would rebuild through the draft the way Memphis and Oklahoma City have done. Try to trade Dwight for rebuilding assets and picks. Also I think it's better to have a losing record than a mediocre .500 record if (or when) Dwight is gone. Being a 9th to 7th place team in the East isn't going to do us any favors down the line when it comes to draft picks and rebuilding. I'm not a big fan of tanking, but I'm not opposed to it either. I would like to have multiple top 5 or 10 picks in order to rebuild over the next few seasons.

This is hopefully where Hennigan's strengths (scouting/drafting) comes in handy for us.

• Upvote 1

I feel old for distinctly remembering when Gay and Iggy WERE rebuilding pieces.

I don't see the issue with those types of players (salary + commitment) so long as we get picks in the process. Like what Charlotte did just a couple days ago.

The issue of course is where those picks come from. Dwight+scrubs is still a playoff team.

So sorry for asking but in your point of view as Magic fans, what were your opinions of T-Mac? I loved his time here in Houston but he failed to live up to expectations but partly to blame was our horrible supporting cast in Houston. At one point in time, Ryan Bowen was our starting PF LULZ. I'm asking because who's exit was worse in yall's opinions, T-Mac's or eventually (hopefully not) Dwight's?

So sorry for asking but in your point of view as Magic fans, what were your opinions of T-Mac? I loved his time here in Houston but he failed to live up to expectations but partly to blame was our horrible supporting cast in Houston. At one point in time, Ryan Bowen was our starting PF LULZ. I'm asking because who's exit was worse in yall's opinions, T-Mac's or eventually (hopefully not) Dwight's?

T-Mac = D12 = crying b1tches

honestly... this is the last shot for D12 to fix this.... if he leaves ORL at any time... he is done... for real

Orlando fans might hate him (as evidenced by all the Dan Gilbert-esque posts already), but wherever he ends up, the fans will love the crap out of him. You think Miami fans hated Lebron when he took his talents to South Beach? Dwight might be done in Orlando if he leaves, but he'll be just fine where ever he ends up.

Also, side note, enough of this NY media will tear him apart crap. Once he signs a new contract, there won't be anything to tear him apart about. He'll work hard every night, just like he did in Orlando, and he won't be making trade requests, which he never did in Orlando until the final year of his contract, after 7 seasons with the team.

This isn't true. Hennigan and Dwight discussed the coach, Broussard is tight with Dwight's people not Dwight himself. This story is exactly why, Dwight doesn't trust Chris.

Well, if that's the case, Dwight should call David Aldridge and do a phoner on NBA TV. The NBA TV report did not mention the part about him saying the Magic tried to blackmail him. Well, to be fair, Broussard's report was careful to say that Dwight or "his representatives" went to the union.

The other thing I'll say.....there is the possibility that part isn't true. But the people who are telling Broussard that hope that the people in Orlando overreact and demand that he be traded immediately. Might kind of help you get a deal done if you are having a hard time getting Orlando to cooperate -- whether you are one of Dwight's representatives or someone trying to get the Magic to trade him to you. Don't forget....Broussard is a New York guy. He did have Lebron going to the Knicks.

Dwight and it's not even close.I think tmac made his trade request and didn't really say much afterward.