Babir_9

2012 Offseason

A lot of coaches adjusted their rotations this year to fit the schedule. Stan never did. He doesn't adjust; period. He has his plan, he goes with his plan and if his plan fails, he cries about energy.

I hate to say this, because I really am a Stan supporter, but this pretty much sums it up. There's probably not a better coach at preparation in the league, but once he's in the game, he just plays his guys ironman style.

Okay, yes: the bench is real weak, but come on - you can't just play a 6-7 man rotation and expect guys not to break down. Especially not when two of our starters are a year or two away from retirement.

The Sentinel is horrible.

I know people want to rag on Dwight but how many of us have been in his position? With millions of dollars on the table, in the public eye, and it's a decision he'll have to wait 4 years at least if he wants to "un-do"?

If I'm Dwight and the Magic, I sit down, we set ourselves a deadline of what moves Dwight wants to see made and the organization wants to see made. Kind of make a check list. When that time comes, you go over your list, see what you've done and then set a time-table for Dwight to re-sign.

If he re-signs, you sit down again and go over what moves will benefit the team afterwards. If he doesn't re-sign, you tell him that his voice has lost most of its impact and you're going to make the moves that benefit the team.

But you don't trade him.

The Sentinel is horrible.

I know people want to rag on Dwight but how many of us have been in his position? With millions of dollars on the table, in the public eye, and it's a decision he'll have to wait 4 years at least if he wants to "un-do"?

If I'm Dwight and the Magic, I sit down, we set ourselves a deadline of what moves Dwight wants to see made and the organization wants to see made. Kind of make a check list. When that time comes, you go over your list, see what you've done and then set a time-table for Dwight to re-sign.

If he re-signs, you sit down again and go over what moves will benefit the team afterwards. If he doesn't re-sign, you tell him that his voice has lost most of its impact and you're going to make the moves that benefit the team.

But you don't trade him.

Hey, he could always quit playing basketball. No one's holding a gun to his head to do it. And all this Dwama that's out there now? He started it. He fanned it. He LIKES it. I can't see any other opinion to have for someone who flip-flops so much that John Kerry just shakes his head and smiles. That article is actually spot on. Dwight needs to make a decision on what his part will be on where this is all going down. And it hacks me off to no end when an individual behaves in a way that is detrimental to the team. This is a team sport, about harnessing 5 players abilities and skills toward an ultimate goal. Any individual who does not subscribe to that must be replaced by someone who will, or The Plan will fall apart.

Look at the Pacers. While they're about to get ran over by the steamroller that is Miami, and will likely not even know what happened to them, they still are a Team that made the playoffs, took on a decent team in Orlando, and won the series pretty handily. Without a Lebron. Or a Kobe. Or a Shaq. Or a Wade. Or a Nowitski (sp?). Or any other of the Superstars. Which Indiana player made the All-NBA first team last year? Second? Third? None of the above. No one. How many All-Stars did they have last year? None. Yet they still clinched the 3rd seed in the East this year, and beat us.

Team above Individual. Either Dwight gets with this concept or we should find him a new team to play for. Keep SVG as coach, and tell Dwight that he's just a ballplayer. A tremendously gifted one, yes. But at the end of the day, he's still just a ballplayer. I don't see where we owe Dwight anything at all. The Magic organization wasn't the ones who started with the "trade me now" stuff. Nor did they flip flop on where they wanted to play. Nor did they allegedly meet with players and owners of other teams in Miami to discuss being moved up north. Nor did they go behind anyone's back to get someone else fired. Sorry, I have no sympathy for the multi-million dollar basketball player who brought all of these troubles on himself.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_m2hytm1rws1qzanc5o1_500.jpg

Hey, he could always quit playing basketball. No one's holding a gun to his head to do it. And all this Dwama that's out there now? He started it. He fanned it. He LIKES it. I can't see any other opinion to have for someone who flip-flops so much that John Kerry just shakes his head and smiles. That article is actually spot on. Dwight needs to make a decision on what his part will be on where this is all going down. And it hacks me off to no end when an individual behaves in a way that is detrimental to the team. This is a team sport, about harnessing 5 players abilities and skills toward an ultimate goal. Any individual who does not subscribe to that must be replaced by someone who will, or The Plan will fall apart.

Look at the Pacers. While they're about to get ran over by the steamroller that is Miami, and will likely not even know what happened to them, they still are a Team that made the playoffs, took on a decent team in Orlando, and won the series pretty handily. Without a Lebron. Or a Kobe. Or a Shaq. Or a Wade. Or a Nowitski (sp?). Or any other of the Superstars. Which Indiana player made the All-NBA first team last year? Second? Third? None of the above. No one. How many All-Stars did they have last year? None. Yet they still clinched the 3rd seed in the East this year, and beat us.

Team above Individual. Either Dwight gets with this concept or we should find him a new team to play for. Keep SVG as coach, and tell Dwight that he's just a ballplayer. A tremendously gifted one, yes. But at the end of the day, he's still just a ballplayer. I don't see where we owe Dwight anything at all. The Magic organization wasn't the ones who started with the "trade me now" stuff. Nor did they flip flop on where they wanted to play. Nor did they allegedly meet with players and owners of other teams in Miami to discuss being moved up north. Nor did they go behind anyone's back to get someone else fired. Sorry, I have no sympathy for the multi-million dollar basketball player who brought all of these troubles on himself.

And if we had our "individual", we sweep them.

And you basically just made the case for not trading Dwight. I do not want to become the Pacers.

And if we had our "individual", we sweep them.

And you basically just made the case for not trading Dwight. I do not want to become the Pacers.

Says who? The fact that even with Dwight we were losing more than we were winning toward the end of the season? I'm just tired of it all when it comes to the Dwama. Either he commits to this team or we find him a team he will commit to and he can go play there. The last thing we want is a cancer in the locker-room who's more than likely not listening to the coach and inviting others to do the same.

Says who? The fact that even with Dwight we were losing more than we were winning toward the end of the season? I'm just tired of it all when it comes to the Dwama. Either he commits to this team or we find him a team he will commit to and he can go play there. The last thing we want is a cancer in the locker-room who's more than likely not listening to the coach and inviting others to do the same.

Yeah, the people standing up for Stan are giving media talk. Stan's lost the lockerroom for a while now.

And trade Dwight? What good does that do? We become a perenial 6-7 seed every year? No thank you. I'll deal with the cancer this year, get it removed and then rebuild from the ground up.

Just think, maybe if we don't trade TMAC for Francis and just let him go out, we could've been picking in the single digits all those years.

• Upvote 1

And we demolished the Pacers with Dwight. We played bad near the end because Dwight was playing at no where close to his ability because of his pack. And we still owned the Pacers. We weren't a quality team in the playoffs. And the Pacers are going to get their doors blown off. Awesome to be them right now.

And we demolished the Pacers with Dwight. We played bad near the end because Dwight was playing at no where close to his ability because of his pack. And we still owned the Pacers. We weren't a quality team in the playoffs. And the Pacers are going to get their doors blown off. Awesome to be them right now.

back*

• Upvote 2

Yeah, the people standing up for Stan are giving media talk. Stan's lost the lockerroom for a while now.

And trade Dwight? What good does that do? We become a perenial 6-7 seed every year? No thank you. I'll deal with the cancer this year, get it removed and then rebuild from the ground up.

Just think, maybe if we don't trade TMAC for Francis and just let him go out, we could've been picking in the single digits all those years.

Without Dwight on this roster I doubt we even sniff the playoffs. And I'm with you on your rebuild. All I'm getting at is we don't need to bend over backwards for the guy. Either he wants to play here or he doesn't. No need to constantly try to bend over for this guy like some kind of dependent, clingy girlfriend who just constantly cries about you not loving her enough. Either she gets that you love her without needing to reaffirm it all day or pulling that "if you love me you'll do X..." crap, or she doesn't. I just hate all this prima donna crap.

Although I think we would beat the Pacers with Dwight in the lineup, I wouldn't underestimate them. They can scare the Heat. I'm not at the point of them winning the series yet, but they have a better chance than most people give them.