Babir_9

2012 Offseason

YBR,

Anything new at all? Very slow night.

Not really nothing new, Dwights not getting traded. I may have an idea of who I think our coach will be, but really just an opinion? Its the guy we all think it is

That's like saying you should never want the #1 pick because that's where Kwame Brown was taken in 2001.

From 1989 until today name me the picks which we have made that have made an all star game after pick #5. I say Nick and Jameer maybe one more. I cant think of more off the top of my head. That being said there were about 40 picks we made in that range over those years. So 2 out of 40 and those guys made it one or two times. What happened to the rest? Washed up role players now out of the league. As for the #1 I think there is probably a better chance of getting a star. Sure there are Oden, Kwame and Kandiman but there are also Lebrons and Dwights on a more regular basis. My point was you are talking about taking the absolute unquestioned best player in the league (maybe the last 15 years in fact) to start your team with and selling him for a 4% chance of having a one year all star based on your teams drafting over 20 plus years. I think that is has stupid and disasterous written all over it but it will in fact clear salary and give you many more years of taking your shot at the #1 pick with the lotto balls again. Make whatever reference you want but 20 years of data will tell you all you need to know about mid first round picks.

Addi, go to bed. It's late

Hah you don't say. Almost 2am here... just staying up because... Well no, no reason at all. I should maybe go to bed.

Not really nothing new, Dwights not getting traded. I may have an idea of who I think our coach will be, but really just an opinion? Its the guy we all think it is

Thats not the information I'm hearing...

Nope. Otis would not have been ablo to do that. You'd have to really, REALLY, love someone to accapt a trade like that. I'm talking a REAL LOVE kind of thing. Otis had to be married to the GM of the Warriors for them to say "awwww that's so cute! Well, this isn't actually anything that I'd want or buy myself... but it's the thought that counts and that's what makes it so special. Thank you darling" and I'm sure he isn't.

Or he'd have to be the GSW owners' kid, if the owner was old enough. You know, like when your kid makes a clay mug in kindergarten and it looks like a pile of poo with a hole in the middle, all painted and stuff. Of course you accept it. It's your kids gift to you damn it. But as your kid gets older, you as a parent would show it to your kid in front of his or her friends and laugh at the cuteness of it, the kid feeling all ashamed and thinking "Why the F did I make that?"

If any other kid would have given that to you you'd go "Why don't you give that to uncle Bob over there?" who would have said "That's nice.. but I have one of those... Give it to aunt Grace, she's sitting there. She'll LOVE it!" who would almost suffocate on the cake she was eating, in pure shock of the atrocity you just made, but be able to say "Thank you sweety, but you know what, you should keep it to yourself, so when you get older you can look at it and say WOW I made that!" and tell you to go play with the toys in your room. That's where Otis is. He's sitting in his room, looking at random Chris Duhon stuff and going "Wow... I messed up with that fool". But he doesn't have any toys to play with, because he's been a bad boy and Alex locked them up in the janitor's closet.

haha yeah i was joking, dorrell wright is good, i like his game. is he worth duhon? hell2thaNo.

Love you analogies!

I assume this is a coach Dwight liked so hopefully we are heading down the right road to an extension.