Babir_9

2012 Offseason

He just had surgery to fix them. Amare and Kobe's operations have turned out well. If he was still in bad shape then why are all these good teams going after him. If we look at amare and kobe pre-op and compare to post-op i believe its worth it cause they havnt lost too much if any and are still standing . Lets atleast try

As far as I'm aware, Kobe and Amar'e still had cartilage in their knees. Brandon Roy doesn't.

He just had surgery to fix them. Amare and Kobe's operations have turned out well. If he was still in bad shape then why are all these good teams going after him. If we look at amare and kobe pre-op and compare to post-op i believe its worth it cause they havnt lost too much if any and are still standing . Lets atleast try

definitely worth looking into. This is B Roy were talking about. Im pretty sure he has worked his azz off to get in good condition to play again. I would give him a workout to see where he's at. It's not like we would give him a huge deal.

That April 6th incident, how the organzation reacted after that. How he hasn't heard anything directly from the DeVos and Martins since he opted in. If I could really only pick 1 problem its Alex Martins, and that goes all the way back to the supposedly done Monta Ellis deal.

It has been widely reported that Martins and Otis flew out to see Dwight a week or more after his surgery -- when the Magic were still in the playoffs.

definitely worth looking into. This is B Roy were talking about. Im pretty sure he has worked his azz off to get in good condition to play again. I would give him a workout to see where he's at. It's not like we would give him a huge deal.

I just still think it isn't worth the gamble. It's a risky move to go on a whim hoping he recovers like Amare and Kobe and be able to play well.

It has been widely reported that Martins and Otis flew out to see Dwight a week or more after his surgery -- when the Magic were still in the playoffs.

that didn't count because Martins didn't bring the get well cake that Dwight wanted. Dwight wanted a triple chocolate layer cake. That's all he ever wanted btw. But Martins couldn't even do that. Jerkface. I heard he brought a nasty carrot cake from Publix. And he didn't even get the baker to write the words "get well soon." And to top it off, the icing on the sides of the cake was halfway eaten into. You could clearly see Martins slid his finger to get a good creamy lick.

• Upvote 1

Since Dwight isn't back from L.A., I'm kind of wondering if his people are trying to keep the Magic from making personal contact with Dwight. They don't want to risk his mind might be changed. And there isn't much left in the front office so you are kind of narrowing down who he doesn't trust.

Nah he really is out there rehabbing, you got a point about the personal contact with Dwight though. I kinda think Magic have passed messages for him to his representatives and they change or dont even tell him what the message is at all. Thats why I want him talking to Alex or Rob on the phone. Only contact he's had lately with Orlando was a Magic trainer who traveled out there days ago

That makes sense. Martins always seemed like he would do what he would need to do to advance his cause. He is a businessman and hired by the orginzation for that purpose. Dwight should know on the business side of ball it is what is. Cut throat. He can look at the bulls when Jordan, Pippen and the team hated jerry krause for being underhanded multiple times but still coexisted for multiple championships. He can also look at HWNSNBU his agent as a broker of deceit for his own purposes. The business side of basketball is dog eat dog. He would be best served to assume that behavior assuredly will recurr in his next stop soon enough. He should more focus on his relationship with a coach or gm than the higher ups. Those are the people he needs to be in contact with not upper level pencil pushers.

Correct, like i said Alex knows the business side of things, thats his job. His job was to try to at least get Dwight to opt in by deadline, which he did.

Bingo....

It's hard to keep up with false statements after false statements.... Eventually your caught and then burned to no end....

Not calling anyone out.... I'm just saying the info has been losing consistency since Dwight opted in.

But by all means, keep rolling with it... It's a good laugh.

Otis flew out there, Alex didnt. Alex sent Otis out there to pick his brain about where he is about signing a long-term contract

The surgery Kobe and Amare had is mainly to protect cartilage in knees, so unless they figured out a way to give Roy a cartilage injection he's screwed.

To the Ellis deal?

I think it has to do with him seeing the change rather than hearing about it. Im not in his head and maybe he could have screwed us over after getting Monta but I do remember him telling me he would sign the extension when the trade became official and that sunday on Trade Deadline week they were texting each other about playing together there in Orlando. I dont see why if Orlando gets a Monta Ellis, CP3, or a Deron Williams why he would commit to an extension. These are guys he talked to management about pre-lockout. He just doesnt want to commit and then watch as Orlando fails to bring in help

Does he understand what a deal contingent upon him signing means? It means that the deal is there, all he has to do is sign showing that he will not allow us to take on extra cap dollars while he says sorry and walks. If this is what happened, he saw the change and decided that he was not going to sign or as IBN said he is playing you.

To me, it sounds more like he doesn't want to commit and he was covering himself. That way he could leave and say, "They didn't get me help."

Does he understand what a deal contingent upon him signing means? It means that the deal is there, all he has to do is sign showing that he will not allow us to take on extra cap dollars while he says sorry and walks. If this is what happened, he saw the change and decided that he was not going to sign or as IBN said he is playing you.

To me, it sounds more like he doesn't want to commit and he was covering himself. That way he could leave and say, "They didn't get me help."

Problem is Golden State came out the day after and told the public they hadnt talk to Orlando about moving Ellis there remember? Said the only thing they would talk to Orlando about is renting Dwight which 'then' they would gladly move him there. In other words, Magic were just trying to get him to sign on the dotted line

Problem is Golden State came out the day after and told the public they hadnt talk to Orlando about moving Ellis there remember? Said the only thing they would talk to Orlando about is renting Dwight which 'then' they would gladly move him there. In other words, Magic were just trying to get him to sign on the dotted line

And GSW would come out and say "yes, we're talking with Orlando about sending them Monta" because.... <_<