Babir_9

2012 Offseason

If Howard refuses to extend, I think we need to watch the Portland situation. Their owner has big marbles and takes risks. They have major cap space and I believe they could make a hard run at D.Will if they traded for Howard. If they offered us LA and picks 6 and 11, that would be hard to beat. (And, yes, Dwight is worth that).

I actually like that trade.

I watched a lot of playoffs this year. Usually I only watch the Magic games and maybe some big time playoff games. One thing is for certain: HOWARD HAS NO EQUAL!!! Howard disrupts all teams lineups. If the Magic can add a effective slasher, and defensive players in the back court, I believe we could win it all next season.

I think 6, 11, matthews and a resigned batum is more likely. That would give them a great frontcourt with money to pursue a top teir FA (prob not a max player tho) and it would give us a solid, young 3 and potentially 2 more solid starters in those picks. Move JJ with our pick to get up in the lottery and thats a great start to a rebuild.

Marshall

Waiters

Batum

Anderson

Drummond

Thats a talented, albeit extremely young, team. Add a top 5 pick in next years draft and were set. Btw, when can FAs sign, July 1st? This deal would obviously be in place but on hold until Batum would be able to sign.

I think 6, 11, matthews and a resigned batum is more likely.

I agree. Portland may want Dwight, but they might not be stupid enough to give up their best player plus all their good picks, ESPECIALLY if we are going to force them to take Duhon or Turk (hopefully Turk) in that trade.

I think Aldridge, 6, and 11 for Dwight as straight up as the salary cap will allow is fair. As great Aldridge is, he's by no means Dwight Howard (few are). But there's no way we could then throw in our bad contracts of Hedo and/or Duhon on top of that.

Now for something a step down from that.. maybe Batum, Matthews, plus the picks? Batum has shown great promise, but hasn't been able to put together through a whole season quite yet. Maybe that for Dwight, Hedo, and Duhon would be doable.

Still hopin' we don't get to that point, though. :shard:

Batum is a solid player but not a star. Drummond is awful, and Waiter is meh.

Unless the pick allows us to take Davis or Beal, you best as hell be sending another star over in a Dwight trade.

And no one is doing that. I'll take his 18 million coming off the books + 1 more great run + another year to convince him to stay over Batum, Drummond, and Waiters.

I like Cubes', but he's getting more credit than he should for what he did. He talked backwards at times too. Listening to the two debate the Dallas zone vs the Thunder D was like watching two retards hump a door knob.

However, aside from that he was very very good, better than any of the trash ESPiN puts out there other than probably Wilbon and Legs. Stephen A and Skip debating is awful, awful, awful.

I think Aldridge, 6, and 11 for Dwight as straight up as the salary cap will allow is fair. As great Aldridge is, he's by no means Dwight Howard (few are). But there's no way we could then throw in our bad contracts of Hedo and/or Duhon on top of that.

Now for something a step down from that.. maybe Batum, Matthews, plus the picks? Batum has shown great promise, but hasn't been able to put together through a whole season quite yet. Maybe that for Dwight, Hedo, and Duhon would be doable.

Still hopin' we don't get to that point, though. :shard:

If this were to actually happen, you would be hard pressed to find a better deal then those two picks and Aldridge, but TBH, I would actually happily accept Batum and Matthews over any other deal opposed by any other team out there. This draft is absolutely loaded with players that have some serious potential. We could potentially stack this team with youth and athleticism.

That is of course if Dwight does not resign. Either way, the above scenario is a fantasy.

Batum is a solid player but not a star. Drummond is awful, and Waiter is meh.

Unless the pick allows us to take Davis or Beal, you best as hell be sending another star over in a Dwight trade.

And no one is doing that. I'll take his 18 million coming off the books + 1 more great run + another year to convince him to stay over Batum, Drummond, and Waiters.

[/quote}

your crazy if you'd prefer a 6 seed, 1st rd playoff exit and an almost certainly fleeing dwight instead of a solid young player who has been very consistent and is still improving, two lotto picks in a stacked draft (I just used who Draftexpress currently has projected at 6 and 11) and salary relief.

This ship has already sank, and even a commited dwight can't do much to save it. We have to trade dwight because we dont have enough talent to compete with him, nor assets to bring in talent. Problem is, our options will be limited with dwights reluctance to sign an extension for most teams. In this instance we'd have to take back salary (matthews) so they have enough capspace to sign another FA to appease dwight.

You're crazy if you think

PG - ???

SG - Waiters

SF - Batum

PF - Anderson

C - Drummond

will ever be good enough to get passed the second round.

You don't trade a star player for a "solid, young player". You trade him for a young star and cap relief. Or you let his contract run out and you have 18 million off the books.

You don't insert a star into a sea of role players. Why? You have signed all your role players to 5-10 million dollar contracts and don't have the cap room to insert the star.

Have a star, guys come cheap, veterans come to win rings. See: Battier, Shane and Miller, Mike and Artest, Ron.

Waiters is not a star, Drummond isn't. Batum isn't. So congratulations, you've regulated the Magic to the 6-7 seed ever year, have ZERO players people care to see, and rank near the bottom of the league in attendance.

But don't worry, all your garbage has played lots of minutes and padded their stats on a bad team (see Martin, Kevin) and will now cost you 8-10 million dollars to re-sign killing your cap situation.