Babir_9

2012 Offseason

For the people blaming Otis, do you all really believe that, considering how close these two were (Otis quit because Stan was fired), Stan had nothing to do with those moves?

Right, but it seems he didn't start acting like this until he got with Dan HWNSNBU in 2010. I feel he seriously messed up his image by listening to HWNSNBU and others this year. Even if he stays his image has been damaged

No sweat Id take Kobe's damaged image and the three championships he got after he damaged it any day!

• Upvote 1

For the people blaming Otis, do you all really believe that, considering how close these two were (Otis quit because Stan was fired), Stan had nothing to do with those moves?

Good point. But I question it coz he hardly plays the guys Otis gets him... I'd be curious if Stan blessed the December trades, but rumors had it that Dwight wanted Hedo back.

YaboyR, is it true Dwight wanted Hedo back?

Who knows, however Otis has the job title gm and if the talent, plan to win and flexibility arent there it is his job title not Stans that should be blamed. Stan may have had input (and should have) but ultimately Otis is the decision maker. Stan is the coach and Otis assembles the vision and talent. For that he is ultimately liable.

Who knows, however Otis has the job title gm and if the talent, plan to win and flexibility arent there it is his job title not Stans that should be blamed. Stan may have had input (and should have) but ultimately Otis is the decision maker. Stan is the coach and Otis assembles the vision and talent. For that he is ultimately liable.

Otis really has two dark blemishes on his resume. December 18, 2010, and the day he re-signed Jason Richardson... a third, the day he signed Duhon. 3 strikes and you're out.

But if the guys Otis signed were the ones Stan asked for, is Stan not at fault for acquiring this crap too? Especially if there is truth to him asking for the players YBR listed to be shipped out?

In ESPN 2 says Broussard thinks Dwight will stay with Magic if they make right moves. At an Ale House so couldn't hear it ... Anyone see or hear that piece of news?

The front office and everyone else might "want" to win championships but ARE THEY CAPABLE AND COMPETENT? Last time I checked trying doesnt win you a championship either. It might get you a ribbon for effort in 5th grade but this is the billion dollar big time not the 100 yard dash in elementary school. Spending money on Gil, oversigning Rashard, dumping our best piece for contracts and players no one even wanted might be trying but it is just incompetent loss of focus bumbling which has us bent over like Hypatia Lee in a sweating with the oldies video (sorry about this analogy).

I don't blame Dwight at all for running out of patience with our foolishness and foot dragging. Come on BVW drunk dialing him? It is a bunch of clowns running a bunch of clowns and if he complains we have a bunch of clowns some clowns here complain he is a clown. Did anyone follow that? This franchise needs to be tactfully and smartly run and it just hasnt been top to bottom for a long time if ever. To blame the one guy who has carried the load is not appropriate. If this franchise wants a title they better quit clowning around and bring in some real basketball minds not janitors turned gms.

My argument was not about if the franchise is competent or not. It was solely based on the quote that both YaBoyRich and Dwight have said. "I just want to win a championship."

If he has a problem with the franchise or coaches or players then his excuse for not signing an extension should not be just wanting a championship it should be such and such needs to change such and such needs to go.

Its a lame cover up excuse for what he really wants in order to protect his image and I'm tired of hearing it.

EDIT: I in no way want Dwight to leave I just want the bull**** to stop and for us to move on together or do our own things.

Otis really has two dark blemishes on his resume. December 18, 2010, and the day he re-signed Jason Richardson... a third, the day he signed Duhon. 3 strikes and you're out.

But if the guys Otis signed were the ones Stan asked for, is Stan not at fault for acquiring this crap too? Especially if there is truth to him asking for the players YBR listed to be shipped out?

Otis has made multiple blunders....breaking up the finals team, bringing in soft washed up Vince Carter, Drafting Fran, letting Barnes walk, signing Duhon, bringing in and resigning Richardson, trading our big man Gortat for trash, and Gilbert Fing Arenas (injured for a longer deal). How in the world could this be defensed or excused? What other Company could you lose millions of dollars and jeep your job? How come you keep defending this guy?

My argument was not about if the franchise is competent or not. It was solely based on the quote that both YaBoyRich and Dwight have said. "I just want to win a championship."

If he has a problem with the franchise or coaches or players then his excuse for not signing an extension should not be just wanting a championship it should be such and such needs to change such and such needs to go.

Its a lame cover up excuse for what he really wants in order to protect his image and I'm tired of hearing it.

EDIT: I in no way want Dwight to leave I just want the bull**** to stop and for us to move on together or do our own things.

Does he want to protect his image? Absolutely...he should. Should he make public demands for players, gms and coaches? Not if he is smart. I think being a player, gm and coach should not be his calling if he is wise. Imagine being in his shoes and knowing you are surrounded by dunces who you know just arent going to cut it. Imagine he really wants to be in Orlando and likes the city, fans and maybe even the owner....but it just isnt getting done or going to get done with the current bosses. What more can he say balancing a fine line between being a crybaby and Lebroning his image and forcing a passive group of managers to make needed changes.

Otis has made multiple blunders....breaking up the finals team, bringing in soft washed up Vince Carter, Drafting Fran, letting Barnes walk, signing Duhon, bringing in and resigning Richardson, trading our big man Gortat for trash, and Gilbert Fing Arenas (injured for a longer deal). How in the world could this be defensed or excused? What other Company could you lose millions of dollars and jeep your job? How come you keep defending this guy?

Morgan Stanley?