Babir_9

2012 Offseason

gotcha, kind of said something similiar to that yesterday.

And yes, his heart is telling him to stay in Orlando, theres people around him convincing him otherwise, telling him its dangerous to listen to your heart

Yea they want him to listen to $$$. When it comes down to it I think his parents have his best interest at heart and they want him in Orlando no? People like Steven A and his agent have pretty obvious agendas to get him to Brooklyn. I could understand if it were SA or the Lakers but Brooklyn?!? Nothing but a history of losing!!!

Dwight wants out and we must trade him in the offseason...If Nets get a high draft pick we can trade Dwight there...another option is L.A. they did not want to trade Gasol and Bynum for Dwight but after another collapse in second round of playoffs they might reconsider. If we add Pau and Bynum we'll be contenders in the East. Gasol has 2 more years on his contract and will be a huge trade asset as an expiring contact at the end of his contract. But I believe he will stay productive for the next 2-3 years. Ideally we trade Howard, J-Rich, Duhon for Pau and Bynum (other pieces can be added).

Jerry Sloan made Carlos Boozer, another one of Dwight's friends, a max-player. Think Booz wishes he still was in Sloan's system?

Sloan has a history of making PNR bigs into superstars. Stan has a history of fighting with his elite big men. Apples and oranges.

Yes, if your two big men are Shaq and Dwight. 2 players that have proven to be prima donnas.

Yes, if your two big men are Shaq and Dwight. 2 players that have proven to be prima donnas.

And Karl Malone was not tempermental? Boozer was not a bit of a prima dona with what he did to Cleveland? Sloan can handle big men, Stan can't.

Don't trade Dwight. If you send him to LA you have to deal with an expiring Bynum so you're really going through this all over again. If you trade him to New Jersey or Houston, your team is going to be drafting somewhere between 10 and 18 every year. I don't understand why that's so hard for people to realize.

What moves can we realistically make? And what FAs are going to flock to Orlando when their whole reason for wanting to come is a huge flip-flopper on whether he wants to stay or not? What coach wants to walk into that situation, or what GM? Some of y'all think this is NBA Live or whatever where you can force things. I doubt anyone will want to walk into the huge mess that is the Orlando Magic.

While you're talking about people being thrown under buses, you should examine how Dwight was throwing his teammates under the bus, including his friend Jameer. So far, Dwight's flip-flopping and the voices in his ear should have everyone very concerned with the future.

I think you're pointing the finger at the wrong person. While Dwight didn't handle this all correctly, he didn't cause any of this mess. Dwight didn't sign Duhon to a deal. He didn't trade for Turk and J-Rich. Dwight didn't wreck the roster. He's pissed, as he should be at the roster. It's not championship material and the guys calling those shots don't know what it takes. I don't think there are many moves we can realistically make because Otis squandered all of our trade assets. We don't have cap space to offer money to free agents as it is anyway. It's a train wreck and that's why Dwight wants out. I can't knock Dwight. The front office hasn't done anything to put a quality product on the floor. Dwight becomes a free agent next year. It's his right to say whether he wants to stay or go, and as of today, there is clearly a much better situation in Brooklyn lined up for him. But you can't hate on Dwight for that. Blame the management. Dwight did management a favor by opting in. He didn't have to stay this long, but he's desperately seeking a reason to stay. He's waiting for the front office to give him one.

And Karl Malone was not tempermental? Boozer was not a bit of a prima dona with what he did to Cleveland? Sloan can handle big men, Stan can't.

Don't trade Dwight. If you send him to LA you have to deal with an expiring Bynum so you're really going through this all over again. If you trade him to New Jersey or Houston, your team is going to be drafting somewhere between 10 and 18 every year. I don't understand why that's so hard for people to realize.

3 team deal w/ nj...send brook lopez to another team for a suitable player or get a lotto pick...and get nj's hypothetical top 3 pick along with brooks and I'm happy. Combine whatever lotto pick we get from Lopez w/ our 19th pick and move up as high as we can. Get franchise 3/4 with NJ's lotto pick and with the other two traded up into the lottery hope that we can can kendall marshall. Buy a second round pick and pick up Tyshawn Taylor for practice sessions.

Boom!

• Downvote 3

3 team deal w/ nj...send brook lopez to another team for a suitable player or get a lotto pick...and get nj's hypothetical top 3 pick along with brooks and I'm happy. Combine whatever lotto pick we get from Lopez w/ our 19th pick and move up as high as we can. Get franchise 3/4 with NJ's lotto pick and with the other two traded up into the lottery hope that we can can kendall marshall. Buy a second round pick and pick up Tyshawn Taylor for practice sessions.

Boom!

The only franchise player in the draft is Anthony Davis.

MKG's ceiling is a better Gerald Wallace and Andre Drummond's ceiling is a less skilled Andrew Bynum. You want to give away a Top 3 player in the league for that?

The only franchise player in the draft is Anthony Davis.

MKG's ceiling is a better Gerald Wallace and Andre Drummond's ceiling is a less skilled Andrew Bynum. You want to give away a Top 3 player in the league for that?

For just that? No. For everything else I mentioned as well that you left out? -yes. If we have to trade Dwight. top 3 pick (whoever it is) plus the other things I mentioned is more than fair given the circumstances.

A better Gerald Wallace=franchise player btw. And Drummond is Amare if anything, not Bynum.

You have to think Deron is telling Dwight that Sloan would be a terrible choice, again making his decision to Brooklyn easier.

You know dwight and deron talk all the time?

Ok even if they have NEVER EVER talked Sloan still was part of the reason Deron got shipped and he "resigned" and I am pretty sure Dwight is well aware of that.

You don't think it's a pretty safe bet if the Magic get serious about Sloan that Dwight wouldn't talk to Deron about him?