Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Plausibly, we keep Dwight and he's still pissy, so he stays in LA to 'rehab' his back for 60 games and plays limited minutes to see out the season.

The picks we would get? You'd prefer let's say picks 12, 14, and 16 than pick 3 and maybe 20 something?

Not having a go at all btw.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying at all.

You trade Dwight right now for picks and young talent and a throw in expiring from that said team to make the salary work. At this point our team will be pretty awful and we would be on track to be one of the worst teams in the league which will result in a high pick.

So now you have a high pick FROM US along with the picks you get from said team.

Don't understand whats so hard about understanding that concept.

Either YaBoyR is somewhat of a fraud or Dwight played him big time... unfortunately, I bought in to all the optimistic news he passed on so I got played either way too. I didn't think it was possible, but Dwight killed his image even more over the past 24 hours.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying at all.

You trade Dwight right now for picks and young talent and a throw in expiring from that said team to make the salary work. At this point our team will be pretty awful and we would be on track to be one of the worst teams in the league which will result in a high pick.

So now you have a high pick FROM US along with the picks you get from said team.

Don't understand whats so hard about understanding that concept.

If they trade Howard to any team, the Magic are going to get a good player or two. Those players will most likely get the Magic to the playoffs this year. With Dwight on the team you have a chance to make a deep playoff run. Miami struggled with Indiana when Hibbert played well, imagine Howard. I would rather keep Howard and go all in this year and let him walk then take back Bynum, Kevin Marin, Lowry, or any other player. Whatever team Howard goes to will be a pick in the high 20's. The Magic had the 3rd best record in the East when they were hitting all cylinders. If Howard doesn't want to play and sit out most of the year then the Magic will be in the lottery anyways and we could simply let him walk or maybe S&T him to a team for their lottery pick (like maybe Brooklyn) or a TE. Kobe was screaming to get out of LA and was nearly dealt to the Bulls. Trading Howard now for draft picks is great if one of those draft picks are in the lottery.

Mostly I'm calling his bluff. He's not going to not play hard and he's not going to walk away from the Magic when they could potentially have cap space to resign Howard and some other good players.

It's hard to understand because you're changing what you're saying. First you said:

Why does everyone want to keep Dwight and just let him walk, why delay the rebuilding process by another year? Keeping Howard will just take us out of the lottery and make us a late seed playoff team which means another pick around 20 or so. If we trade him now we are bound to be one of the worst teams in the league and chances at getting a high pick is pretty good.

Of course I'm not saying you trade him to just anyone to get rid of him, but I would rather trade him to a team and get back expiring contracts plus picks/young talent then just getting the 8th seed in the playoffs and losing out on our own pick.

So I said that it's highly likely that we can still suck with Dwight on the team.

Now you're saying that

Which doesn't really address my point that it is highly possible to still land a high pick with Deight on the team and then let him walk.

To put it simply:

KEEP Dwight- he doesn't play, we stink and get pick 3 let's say, we lose his contract as well as Turks and Duhons.

NET result = expirings + high pick(s)

TRADE Dwight- he doesn't play, we stink and get pick 3 let's say, we lose his contract as well as Turks and Duhons.

NET result = expirings + high picks(s)

My original point is valid that we are stuck in the same boat no matter which way we go.

Either YaBoyR is somewhat of a fraud or Dwight played him big time... unfortunately, I bought in to all the optimistic news he passed on so I got played either way too. I didn't think it was possible, but Dwight killed his image even more over the past 24 hours.

I think YBR was telling the truth. I get the feeling that Dwight used him as to protray himself as the victim in all of this

I think YBR was telling the truth. I get the feeling that Dwight used him as to protray himself as the victim in all of this

Yeah, that's the same thing I was thinking. I wonder what YaBoyR has to say about this. He should call out Dwight for lying to him.

It's hard to understand because you're changing what you're saying. First you said:

So I said that it's highly likely that we can still suck with Dwight on the team.

Now you're saying that

Which doesn't really address my point that it is highly possible to still land a high pick with Deight on the team and then let him walk.

To put it simply:

KEEP Dwight- he doesn't play, we stink and get pick 3 let's say, we lose his contract as well as Turks and Duhons.

NET result = expirings + high pick(s)

TRADE Dwight- he doesn't play, we stink and get pick 3 let's say, we lose his contract as well as Turks and Duhons.

NET result = expirings + high picks(s)

My original point is valid that we are stuck in the same boat no matter which way we go.

Did you read what I wrote? I didn't change anything I said.

Also you're on something if you think we are going to land a pick a top pick in the draft with Dwight on the team.

Josh Robbins @JoshuaBRobbins

Hennigan said head-coaching experience and experiences as a good #NBA player would be positives in team's HC search

Josh Robbins @JoshuaBRobbins

Hennigan said teams have shown "significant" interests in D12. But any talks are very preliminary & not involved

You know, I was just thinking about this, once the Nets chew up their cap space then this whole "I will only resign with one team" thing goes bye bye. At that point he can't get to Brooklynn without a team agreeing to trade him there so he will be forced to select other options that do have cap space or assets to trade.