Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Stressing this again: until Dwight is actually suiting up in another jersey, I'm rooting for him. That said, if it comes down to it, I would rather trade him West, and get less, than trade him to a team we'll play four times a year until he retires...

Its your prerogative if you want to ignore what a douschebag Dwight is, but I think I speak for the majority when I say he has worn out his welcome here in Orlando. This whole thing is a mess that Dwight created and his trying to save his image in Orlando by saying "I would never disrespect the fans and the organization in my city" is laughable at best, if not downright deceitful. This guy is a joke, and is the laughing stock of the NBA at the moment. I wonder if its even dawned on him that his image may be tarnished beyond repair and he may ultimately miss out on all those millions he was counting on in endorsements if he ever does make it to BK? I agree with others, this guy isn't coming off as a very bright person at the moment, much less a leader or a champion...at least in terms of character.

Its really sad how much Dwight has changed. Scary how a "devout Christian" can really act this way.

I think he worships more on money, fame and what Howard wants... just arrogance and selfishness...

I agree here. If were going to trade him I want him on the other coast rather than playing him 3-4 times a year

I just want to trade him for the best package, who cares if we play him 3-4 times a season? It'll just be more time I can boo him and make him feel like the jerk that he is.

seriously, if we have to rebuild, we rebuild then... cause we have our new GM Rob who has been saying and doing the right things here.

Rob stressed about building the right environment and have good character players that have professionalism to play on the team.

I absolutely hate that this man I looked up to (supposedly strong morals, funny, humble) ended up being no different than the rest of these superstars- a child whose ego gets so pumped up that he loses sight of who he was (if he ever was that man we thought he was), gets corrupted by the bright lights, fame, big-money agents. Why can't Orlando ever have a star player that legitimately wants to be here? My stance has always been keep Dwight until his contract ends because maybe he'll change his mind again and resign with us, and even if he didn't, the $19 million free cap space we get from him coming off the books would be better than anything we get in a trade. However, at this point, I don't think that is a viable option. I cannot cheer for this chump anymore and it is obvious that him being here causes problems with other players on the team. I think the best course of action at this time is to trade for expiring contracts and dump as many bad contracts as we can (Hedo, Duhon, JRich) and go on into full rebuilding mode, as much as that sucks. I believe this new front office will do their due diligence and make the best choice going into the future, but man am I glad I am not in their position.

• Upvote 1

Why does Dwight think he can dictate to the organization what team he is going to? He doesn't have a no trade clause and There are teams that will take him as a rental. There is no way in hell we take nets awful package of players for him right? I say we trade him to rockets or warriors now. Get Curry if we trade him to warriors and get parsons and lowry if he goes to rockets.

Since he doesn't have a no trade clause, he's taken it upon himself to make sure everyone knows that he will not extend with any team thinking of dealing for him, again trying to force the Magic's hand to deal with NJ only. I guess this is Dwight's idea of loyalty. Keep in mind, he could have opted not to waive the ETO last year and he'd be able to walk to NJ now for them to sign him outright, but he didn't and now he's trying to force his way to NJ again. He gets more money if he extends with us and is traded and that's what its all about for this guy. Money and endorsement opportunities.

Well, on the bright side Duhon isn't the most hated player on the Magic anymore :shard:

:svgsad: :svgsad: :svgsad: :svgsad:

Hennigan gives donuts in his pressers. But it's so damn refreshing to listen to him after putting up with 'I like this team' for so long. However giving nothing and being non-committal is probably the right way to go.

Since he doesn't have a no trade clause, he's taken it upon himself to make sure everyone knows that he will not extend with any team thinking of dealing for him, again trying to force the Magic's hand to deal with NJ only. He could have opted not to waive the ETO last year and he'd be able to walk to NJ now for them to sign him outright, but he didn't and now he's trying to force his way to NJ again. He gets more money if he extends with us and is traded and that's what its all about for this guy. Money and endorsement opportunities.

yes, we all want revenge and screw d12 now...

but Rob will just do what is the best for the magic if that means trading him to the nest, it is good that he doesn't have any beef with d12, otherwise, we probably won't get the best deal here