Babir_9

2012 Offseason

YBR, my impression is the Magic would have traded for Ellis IF Dwight signed the extension, which he refused.

Moreover, Captain Obvious here, but it seems to me Devos and Martins are tired of dealing with Dwight and his drama and are ready to move on barring a change in his attitude and mode of operation. Consquently, my guess is that he's traded on draft night unless he signs an extension by that time.

That's what I heard too, that it was a done deal but Dwight's yes-no-yes-no-yes routine up until the last minute killed it. I kinda have to believe that we would have been a 3rd team in that deal.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Minnesota has agreed to trade the 18th overall pick in Thursday's draft to Houston for Chase Budinger, league sources tell Y! Sports.

so how many picks are they gonna give us for dwight?

Some of the picks he's gathering might not be for Dwight. They might be for a future move by Houston whether or not they get Dwight.

If he really felt that way then one of two things was going on, 1. He has no clue how the real world works 2. He was getting ready to bend the entire organization over a barrel and administer the mother of all buttsects. Either way it doesn't make him look very good.

Or 3 YaBoyRich is the most gullible person ever.

Because they have made repeated attempts and have failed to bring a star, despite piling up assets. Basically Morey needs a star to save his job.

And you know why? Because almost all their moves have been making picks below the top 10 in the draft. If you want to become Houston -- especially if you're acquiring players all in the same draft -- then you want to get excited about a potential deal here.

Seriously, some of you want 4 picks in THIS draft? Delusional if you think that wouldn't be a total disaster, short term and likely long term.

who thinks dwight will still be on the magic roster after draft night?

my feeling is he will be. thoughts??

I do because I don't think Hennigan will want to make a move on Dwight without careful consideration about what he's going to do.

Houston is trying to pressure him into making a move before he might want to.

Didn't they also say no deal if he didn't sign an extension?

To the Ellis deal?

I wouldn't normally chime in on this stuff but...if he saw it that way he is a giant fool. So we should have assumed ALL of the risk? For what? So he could come away smelling like roses if it didn't work? What reason would he have to NOT sign if we had a trade ready to go that was contingent on him signing? I mean if what he truely wanted most in the whole world was help here and he wanted that specific player then there is no reason to not sign in order to make that happen.

If he really felt that way then one of two things was going on, 1. He has no clue how the real world works 2. He was getting ready to bend the entire organization over a barrel and administer the mother of all buttsects. Either way it doesn't make him look very good.

I think it has to do with him seeing the change rather than hearing about it. Im not in his head and maybe he could have screwed us over after getting Monta but I do remember him telling me he would sign the extension when the trade became official and that sunday on Trade Deadline week they were texting each other about playing together there in Orlando. I dont see why if Orlando gets a Monta Ellis, CP3, or a Deron Williams why he wouldnt commit to an extension. These are guys he talked to management about pre-lockout. He just doesnt want to commit and then watch as Orlando fails to bring in help

Do you guys think that we should go after Roy? From what i have read he had the same surgery kobe did and we all know how that turned out. We should at least try to get him to workout then assess whether he will be worth going after. Will certainly help with the howard situation bringing in talent like that . It's going to be hard though cause alot of teams from what i hear are going for him.

Does this answer your question?

brandon-roy-meme-generator-need-knees-nope-ddb972.jpg

Why don't we just go for Ellis now.

I guess it's possible but harder now being Anderson is a RFA. He would have to ok any trade he's in.

Reply Retweeted Favorite

19m Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Ball headed for new ORL GM's court. By all accounts Hennigan does NOT want to rush into Dwight deal. But if HOU offers fistful of firsts ...

Expand

Reply Retweeted Favorite

Sure, the more experienced GM is trying to pressure the less experienced GM into jumping into a move that he might not make later on.

Does this answer your question?

brandon-roy-meme-generator-need-knees-nope-ddb972.jpg

He just had surgery to fix them. Amare and Kobe's operations have turned out well. If he was still in bad shape then why are all these good teams going after him. If we look at amare and kobe pre-op and compare to post-op i believe its worth it cause they havnt lost too much if any and are still standing . Lets atleast try