Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Didn't say. Smith wants to play in Orlando and Dwight's not the only draw. The taxes are a big deal in players and agents mind. Hence why the Big3 took less money to play in Miami. Because they'd be making the same as a max in NY.

My best guess is that he demands a trade this year and Anderson/Picks would be the centerpiece. If not, if Dwight's still here, I think Josh comes too in 2013.

I can see Dwight taking less money to land a a key player or 2. We see how that went in Miami.

Very. A lot of the stuff Dwight told YBR about Stan and players matches 100% what I've been told. Guy's got a near perfect track record that expands beyond NBA. He says it's not written in stone that Dwight's staying but the feeling from the guys he talks to (other NBA players and executives, not entourage guys) believe Dwight is staying and Josh is coming.

Dwight is going to be traded unless he signs the extension. Management has made it crystal clear that they aren't going through what they went through last season. Either Dwight signs the extension or he's gone.

You're telling me he's going to sign the extension this summer? He's okay with that?

• Upvote 1

The Hawks just hired Danny Ferry as GM. Thank God we didn't hire some retread like Ferry or Bower.

So that might give us a chance at landing Josh, I think. Ferry might want to reload the Hawks, starting with Josh, as he's been known to want a trade/get out before if I remember correctly.

So that might give us a chance at landing Josh, I think. Ferry might want to reload the Hawks, starting with Josh, as he's been known to want a trade/get out before if I remember correctly.

He'll trade Smith to the Cavs for Jamisons expiring.

Why would he do that if Smith is expiring as well?

Because he's rebuilding the Cavs as we knew it. Next up is Horford and Hawks logo for LeBron.

If by some miracle this Houston deal goes through, I'm praying MKG or Robinson are there at 5.

Interestingly, if the Rockets are able to pull this off, they would then have enough money to offer Deron Williams a max contract. Could they be a dark horse in all of this and pull off the Dwight/D-Will combo?

Yeah I always thought Houston could be a sleeper team to get Dwight and Dwill.

Would you guys take on Joe Johnson's deal to get smith? And do you think if we were to keep Anderson, he could play the 3?

PG

Joe Johnson

Josh Smith

Ryan Anderson

Dwight

Sign Nash in FA, trade Meer, JJ, Turk, Duhon and picks for joe and josh. Even though he has a ****ty contract, he's decent defensively, has good length, and is a good scorer. I think I might take the risk and Ferry would do it so he could start a rebuild.

Would you guys take on Joe Johnson's deal to get smith? And do you think if we were to keep Anderson, he could play the 3?

PG

Joe Johnson

Josh Smith

Ryan Anderson

Dwight

Sign Nash in FA, trade Meer, JJ, Turk, Duhon and picks for joe and josh. Even though he has a ****ty contract, he's decent defensively, has good length, and is a good scorer. I think I might take the risk and Ferry would do it so he could start a rebuild.

Personally, I would. I get Johnson isn't worth his deal, but that team would contend for the next 4 years. I actually thought of this exact scenario a month ago. I believe it was JJ/BBD/Turk/J-Rich/19th pic for Johnshon and Smith. It saves ATL money long-term. Talent wise it's a wash, but you got to think ATL wouldn't mind getting out from under Johnson's contract. We'd also have a pretty high octane offense with a good point guard at the helm.