Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Monta and Tyreke were Otis kind of guys, I doubt Rob is interested in those type of players.

Tyreke is a special player he just needs a good coach and a system that fits his skills. I'd take him bc we are rebuilding and we need a PG badly also he'd be the easier player to bring in

Tyreke is a special player he just needs a good coach and a system that fits his skills. I'd take him bc we are rebuilding and we need a PG badly also he'd be the easier player to bring in

Tyreke peaked his first year in the league and has been in decline across the board since. Also, he has never been a point guard at the NBA level and is evident to anyone that watches him play.

Lack of size? PJ3 is a 7-footer in shoes who can play both the 3 and the 4. And at the combine he lit everyone up. If you have a coach who can light that fire, you have taken the best player in the draft.

It's not his height I'm concerned about. The guy is wire thin to the point of making Rashard Lewis and Kevin Durant look more muscular. Now I know that didn't hold either of them back but they are the exceptions. Most wire thin guys like that don't succeed often in the NBA, and Durant did not have issues with his motor coming out of Texas.

Plus come on Jones is not a legit 7 footer. He's 6-10 maybe 6-11 in shoes.

It's not his height I'm concerned about. The guy is wire thin to the point of making Rashard Lewis and Kevin Durant look more muscular. Now I know that didn't hold either of them back but they are the exceptions. Most wire thin guys like that don't succeed often in the NBA, and Durant did not have issues with his motor coming out of Texas.

He was 6'11 in a half in shoes. 6'10 and a quarter without them. And he's 235 already. You get him up to 240-250 and that's plenty big with his athleticism.

At 19, I don't see how you pass on one of the few "franchise" potential players in the draft, especially with Ryan being an RFA and Dwight's future uncertain.

Remember that J-Rich/Fran for 18th Pick/Darko trade rumor involving Minnesota last month? Whatever happened to that? Any new news to that? I'd be pumped if we pulled that off.

Then we draft Perry Jones and Kendall Marshall :)

If we got PJ and Marshall we would be declared the draft winners in my book. However, both players will be gone before 19 so we would have to trade someone like an opted in Jameer or Redick plus the 19th to move that one up ATLEAST to 16( Dallas will take either Marshall or PJ at 17 if available) and then offer Ryan Anderson for a late lotto pick...Houston is willing to deal but I'm sure they are holding out for a better trade, I bet philly trades their pick + Iguodala for someone else, but if they don't they may prefer Ryan Anderson over Moultrie for their pick, who is I think they'll pick if they stand pat.

Tyreke peaked his first year in the league and has been in decline across the board since. Also, he has never been a point guard at the NBA level and is evident to anyone that watches him play.

I think the decline might be due to playing out of position and not playing with a dominate player like Dwight. I think Tyreke would do well at the point ecspecially if we bring in Shaw. At 6'6 he'd be able to get the ball in the post, Take his man off the dribble and post up smaller defenders

He has a 7'2.5" wingspan, thats more important than height for a wing/frontcourt athlete anyway. If he was a 5 I would agree with you, but he isn't.

I think the decline might be due to playing out of position and not playing with a dominate player like Dwight. I think Tyreke would do well at the point ecspecially if we bring in Shaw. At 6'6 he'd be able to get the ball in the post, Take his man off the dribble and post up smaller defenders

If it were just ppg or fg% I would be more inclined to buy your argument...but everything went down, including minutes played, for multiple seasons...he was being outplayed by Isaiah Thomas consistently and Jimmer at times for crying out loud.

Anderson cannot be traded on draft day or before july 11th for that matter. He is a RFA.

Youre correct, my suggestion was hypothetical in nature but a moot point to bring up since it would be impossible to do anyway, good call. Short story long, we are not getting both players.

He was 6'11 in a half in shoes. 6'10 and a quarter without them. And he's 235 already. You get him up to 240-250 and that's plenty big with his athleticism.

At 19, I don't see how you pass on one of the few "franchise" potential players in the draft, especially with Ryan being an RFA and Dwight's future uncertain.

I'm not doubting his potential, I just see people also with franchise potential talent like Wroten (the dude is a legitimate freak of nature) in positions that are a more dire need then PF. Like I said, if we could swing getting Minnesota's pick and pull off snagging both him and Wroten I would be tickled pink.

He has a 7'2.5" wingspan, thats more important than height for a wing/frontcourt athlete anyway. If he was a 5 I would agree with you, but he isn't.

I haven't seen him play, but just how you guys are describing him sounds a bit like Teyshawn Prince.