Babir_9

2012 Offseason

If Earl opts out, I wouldn't bring him back. Don't need the extra salary, no matter how small, and it could open the door for Justin Harper who has a guaranteed contract and didn't get a chance to show anything. Maybe I'm already thinking in rebuild mode, but I'd like to see young guys get a crack and I'm guessing that was part of the reason SVG was fired.

So now Turk and JRich are the remaining byproducts (the best term I can call them) of THE TRADE....good god.

So now Turk and JRich are the remaining byproducts (the best term I can call them) of THE TRADE....good god.

Great call on the Steelers robbery. It is sad that this is what the NBA is. Glorified championship wrestling. On one end Lebron and Wade jump into the defender, claw at body check on every opponents drive to the rim and ticky tack fouls getting the aforementioned to the line to change momentum. Im certainly no fan of the Heat but it is hard to win when the game is being called differently for each club. That being said the Heat players did play pretty well.

Honestly, that's what bothers me the most. D'Wade is a top 3 SG, James is a top 3 player (period): these guys don't need help. The fact that not only are the Heat a good team, but that they have calls that glaze over what mistakes they DO make?

I have a serious problem with that, and it's not fun to watch.

Serious question and why I do think Stern is in officials ears to not fix games but give certain players calls.

At what level do the superstars get the calls? Growing up, I've always had refs who seemed to give the benefit to the "little guy" to even the playing field. I know refs are supposed to and ideally be unbiased but at what level does the pendulum swing the opposite way?

Serious question and why I do think Stern is in officials ears to not fix games but give certain players calls.

At what level do the superstars get the calls? Growing up, I've always had refs who seemed to give the benefit to the "little guy" to even the playing field. I know refs are supposed to and ideally be unbiased but at what level does the pendulum swing the opposite way?

When it becomes significantly more profitable for the faces of the nba to come out as heroes. San Antonio fans claim Okc got the refs benefits. Hence, star studded NBA finals. To It's demise, it ended in 5 games coz no one thought Miami would kill it the last 3 games. Ooops. Shoulda let it play out naturally. Would have been epic if say miami came back from down 2-0.

Honestly, that's what bothers me the most. D'Wade is a top 3 SG, James is a top 3 player (period): these guys don't need help. The fact that not only are the Heat a good team, but that they have calls that glaze over what mistakes they DO make?

I have a serious problem with that, and it's not fun to watch.

I have had debates numerous times with Heat followers in reference to officiating. Not only do Wade and Lebron receive star status calls on offense it shows on defense as well. They are the only two players allowed to play relentless D everynight and not sorry about fouls. That's a huge advantage. Giving stars preferential treatment is azz backwards to me. Star players already have an upper edge with talent so, why do they need ref assistance? ?

I have had debates numerous times with Heat followers in reference to officiating. Not only do Wade and Lebron receive star status calls on offense it shows on defense as well. They are the only two players allowed to play relentless D everynight and not sorry about fouls. That's a huge advantage. Giving stars preferential treatment is azz backwards to me. Star players already have an upper edge with talent so, why do they need ref assistance? ?

It is and has always been painful to watch the Lebron free throw fest since the days where he averaged 17 free throws a game in our ECF series. Lebron is without question amazing however at some point driving to the basket and jumping into the defense and getting the foul called every single time is just not fun to watch. Now Wade is getting all the ticky tack fouls called too. Quite frankly Im surprised Dallas didnt get jobbed last year. Then on defense the clawing, grabbing and pushes to the body Lebron and Wade did (many at critical times) yet never got called. Any time a defender went over Lebron he pushed him to the body below and it never got called even at the end of game 2 with everyone watching the play. It seems the only way to win those types of games is to stay outside and make your threes since you cant get called for the charges (see how we beat Boston and the refs on the way to the finals). The NBA is "managed" and Stern obviously doesnt like it to be brought up. Its quite the shame since the Heat/Thunder would have been great to watch with neutral officiating. Of course if you didnt like it this year next year will be exponentially worse since Stern will push the refs to make the Heat the first team to finish the season 82-0. I bet he is thinking what a great story that would make.

If Howard refuses to extend, I think we need to watch the Portland situation. Their owner has big marbles and takes risks. They have major cap space and I believe they could make a hard run at D.Will if they traded for Howard. If they offered us LA and picks 6 and 11, that would be hard to beat. (And, yes, Dwight is worth that).

If Howard refuses to extend, I think we need to watch the Portland situation. Their owner has big marbles and takes risks. They have major cap space and I believe they could make a hard run at D.Will if they traded for Howard. If they offered us LA and picks 6 and 11, that would be hard to beat. (And, yes, Dwight is worth that).

They're NOT offering Aldridge

if they traded for Howard. If they offered us LA and picks 6 and 11, that would be hard to beat. (And, yes, Dwight is worth that)

Hmm yeah I wouldn't mind that package at all. Best and most realistic package i've seen thus far.