Babir_9

2012 Offseason

BTW, I was wondering this, if anyone thinks the amnesty clause makes Turkoglu a more valuable trade asset? Let's say in a deal for a Boozer or Gooden type since he really only has one full year left instead of 2-3-4 years.

Just spit balling here wondering if we could use him as a salary match guy and teams can amnesty him and actually save money.

I know that was the leading factor behind the Hedo/Iggy talks last year was that Philly would save roughly 15 million dollars.

BTW, I was wondering this, if anyone thinks the amnesty clause makes Turkoglu a more valuable trade asset? Let's say in a deal for a Boozer or Gooden type since he really only has one full year left instead of 2-3-4 years.

Just spit balling here wondering if we could use him as a salary match guy and teams can amnesty him and actually save money.

I know that was the leading factor behind the Hedo/Iggy talks last year was that Philly would save roughly 15 million dollars.

Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm almost entirely sure that you can't amnesty a player that you trade for.

You can't amnesty a player that you traded for. That have to have been on your roster when the CBA was ratified.

I don't see Lowry coming here, the Lakers will gladly move Gasol for Lowry and something else on Houston, and Houston covets Pau.

But I like the thinking here, Anderson is our best, moveable asset, I still think we should try and trade him for Tyreke Evans, under a good coach he can still be great....

• Downvote 2

I'm also under the assumption that J-Rich is still very much moveable. Though, that could just be me.

After watching him all year he looks over the hill. I doubt we could move him for much more than another teams garbage. He looked the same last year so other than if Otis becomes gm somewhere else I doubt he is easily movable. If he is movable then move him and clean this roster up.

I still can't believe people want to bring in either underwhelming 2 guards (courtney lee) that don't fit a need or completely overrated players (tyreke evans) that have been in decline since they joined the league. There are a lot of Otis' out there.

I personally believe that Dwight recognizes he can accomplish things here that he can't anywhere else, because of that I also believe we will keep him and be much better than anyone expects next season.

After watching him all year he looks over the hill. I doubt we could move him for much more than another teams garbage. He looked the same last year so other than if Otis becomes gm somewhere else I doubt he is easily movable. If he is movable then move him and clean this roster up.

We need to start a covert campaign to get Otis a new job as GM of the Hawks. Then we can trade Turk/Duhon/JRich for Horford and JSmith...

I don't see Lowry coming here, the Lakers will gladly move Gasol for Lowry and something else on Houston, and Houston covets Pau.

But I like the thinking here, Anderson is our best, moveable asset, I still think we should try and trade him for Tyreke Evans, under a good coach he can still be great....

I completely agree about Lowry & Lakers.

JRICH was a top 30 defender and can still shoot the 3. Coaches who use metrics will still want him. He's not an asset but he's not Duhon.

JRICH was a top 30 defender and can still shoot the 3. Coaches who use metrics will still want him. He's not an asset but he's not Duhon.

A team in need of a starting-caliber sg to fill in for an injury or a contender in need of a spark off the bench would suit JRich well.

A team in need of a starting-caliber sg to fill in for an injury or a contender in need of a spark off the bench would suit JRich well.

Just off the top of my head, the Lakers need a backup 2, the Clippers need a starting 2, we might be able to work him into an Ellis trade maybe as a Gooden swap. Heck, I'd consider Good for JRICH straight up because we need bodies.

And to an earlier point, Courtney Lee is a 6'5 athletic guard who can play defense and shoot the 3 and get to the rim in transition. We dont exactly have anyone who do do that. And he's young and Dwight likes him. I wouldn't mind bringing Lee back at all.

Welcome to perpetual 45 win seasons

then trade all our assets for future picks or to move one of those three picks up into the lottery. keep ryno, add a FA and a top 5 pick next year and it's all the sudden looking pretty good

I honestly feel wednesday determines the dwight situation. nets get lucky and land in the top three, retain their pick and send it along with brooks and another 1st our way for dwight.