Sign in to follow this  
Courtskils

Forget Wallace, Carter, and Lewis... Sign Pietrus

I have watched, played, and studied basketball for a long time. I have mentioned his name before but never had a lot of support, I say sign Mickael Pietrus.

Carter, Lewis, Wallace would all be great for the Magic, but they can get the same production out of Pietrus. He is the same type of player as Gerald Wallace, but has a better shot.

He impacts the game both defensive and offensively but has always been stuck behind Jason Richardson.

The Warriors have discussed moving Richardson so they can open a roster slot for Pietrus (and Monta Ellis). He will likely command money in the MLE range. If you want to go bargain shopping and not overpay this guy is the way to go. He will come at an extreme discount to his future production.

I know the video is a "highlight" reel but watch how he can drive to the hoop with both hands, and he uses the left and the right with extreme comfort.

He is an NBA All-Star ready player, just has not had the opportunity to be the man. Gerald Wallace got the opportunity in Charlotte and look what happened. Orlando if your scared of the big boys and big contracts look at Mickael Pietrus

I have watched, played, and studied basketball for a long time. I have mentioned his name before but never had a lot of support, I say sign Mickael Pietrus.

Carter, Lewis, Wallace would all be great for the Magic, but they can get the same production out of Pietrus. He is the same type of player as Gerald Wallace, but has a better shot.

He impacts the game both defensive and offensively but has always been stuck behind Jason Richardson.

The Warriors have discussed moving Richardson so they can open a roster slot for Pietrus (and Monta Ellis). He will likely command money in the MLE range. If you want to go bargain shopping and not overpay this guy is the way to go. He will come at an extreme discount to his future production.

I know the video is a "highlight" reel but watch how he can drive to the hoop with both hands, and he uses the left and the right with extreme comfort.

He is an NBA All-Star ready player, just has not had the opportunity to be the man. Gerald Wallace got the opportunity in Charlotte and look what happened. Orlando if your scared of the big boys and big contracts look at Mickael Pietrus

I don't think he would be a bad backup plan at all. I posted a quote in the free agency thread that mentions how he is unsure of returning to the Warriors because Nelson may not be back. If they don't move Richardson he probably will be available.

A very talented Frenchman who I to think is destined for good things, I'm waiting for this guy to get an opportunity, whether it be with us or not.

Your not alone CS. These are the kind of guys I'd be after. Wallace, Nocioni, Pietrus. They've been my top 3 for some time.

I like him a lot, good defender and shooter. But his lack of a good dribble penetration game means he never has to be double teamed.

We need a guy who can draws score in crunchtime, draw double team, create shots and get fouled.

I don't think it's a lack of dribble penetration, I think it is how he is used in the offense. He has a very quick first step and has the body type to keep defenders away and protect the ball. I think it is more lack of PT than anything.

Ok since I don't wan't to start another thread,and have it close,her's my idea. Pitrus is a resricted FA,which means G. State probable will match offers,G. state needs a backup PG,they sign and trade Pitrus for Arroyo,and future pick. Then with the aprox. 8mill we will have left after we sign Darko,we sign Mo. Williams for 5yr. 40 mill deal. Starters-Mo Williams,Pitrus,Turk,Milicic,Howard. Bench-Jameer,Dooling,Redick,Ariza,Gortrat,Battie.

I would get this guy for both Arroyo and Jameer with my eyes closed. If the numbers worked out the Magic would be foolish not to go for this trade.

As valuable as I think Dooling is I would consider giving him away for Pietrus. What do you all think?

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I like him a lot, good defender and shooter. But his lack of a good dribble penetration game means he never has to be double teamed.

We need a guy who can draws score in crunchtime, draw double team, create shots and get fouled.

I'm more for a guy who has presence due to his large talent. Pietrus, like Wallace is that kind of guy.

I look at our roster and before I become critical I think we have some good pieces. I've touched on talent before and in my eyes, bar Ariza who is still raw, there is nothing they're that can't be contained. For me you bring in a guy who is capable to score, that added presence creates awareness from the defense, no matter whether he slashes, shoots etc. As long as they are aware its there, they will show respect and stay honest. That to will create opportunities and relieved pressure in the paint considering its a piece of the back court.

Peitrus is a talent waiting to erupt. Not sure if this is the right comparison, but he could have Deng like effect.

Not a big fan ... sorry. We need more, much more, in terms of a scoring wingman. Here are his PERs over the last 4 seasons: 13, 10, 14, 13. Even with limited time, that just isn't that solid. Plus, he isn't that good of a shooter, evidenced by his low fg% and 3 pt% up until this year. Seems like he could compliment a star but will never be one himself.