Beast From The East

GameThread Thunder @ Magic 3/1/12

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Magic
    • Thunder

Pissed this one away played tough 36 min. Can't believe SVG went to zone when they got in a rhythm. Should have played zone earlier when we were up 11 and couldn't stop Westbrook from driving.

I agreed with you at halftime and I agree with you now. They weren't making shots in the first half but Westbrrok was killing us. Then we go to zone once they start hitting shots and have a lead. Really dumb move by SVG

SVG went to zone because we couldn't stop them from penetrating, at all. I mean at all. I'd take my chances on some of the shots they hit late than keep letting them drive with such ease. Our defense fell apart late and nobody really stepped up on offense. Against teams like OKC, you won't win playing like that.

• Upvote 1

It looked like ball movement stopped and guys weren't getting it inside to Dwight even when he was WIDE open for an easy dunk. The commentators were right though, you only have a second-long window to get it to him. There were a few times he was streaking with a wide open lane to the basket, but the perimeter players weren't looking inside.

And if KD's undeserved FTs on the other end didn't..... that's a four point swing right there.

And the Dwight legit block that counted as a goaltend.

I agreed with you at halftime and I agree with you now. They weren't making shots in the first half but Westbrrok was killing us. Then we go to zone once they start hitting shots and have a lead. Really dumb move by SVG

Westbrook kept them in the game. Zone would've eliminated his penetration. No other thunder was in the flow could've really increased the lead. Smh. We fought back. But were out coached Brooks stayed with durant at pf SVG played right into it .can't have your second leading scorer on the bench. Have to find a way to get him in.

Stan, "Our 4th quarter defense was pathetic." More from Stan, "If we had one good defensive possession in the 4th then I missed it."

SVG: "When your defense was as bad as ours was in the fourth quarter it hurts your offense. The two go hand in hand

No, I understand what ur saying. Some of those shots just can't be defended. But u could see the game change with the bench out there...and we were defeated early in the 4th, u could just see it. The team D went to crap, and we stopped doing what we did the entire game on offense. I expect the coach to limit their run and get the guys heads in it. We had a large enough lead, should have pulled out the W.

Our bench is awful. Who on it generates offense? BBD with his air balls? Even our starters struggle generating offense. Meanwhile, they have three all-star caliber wing players that all got hot when it mattered. We have one all-star who himself was neutralized on two offensive possessions in a row and then beat two defensive possessions in a row right in crunch time. That equated to at least an eight point swing in one stretch around the five minute mark. My point is we are not at all equipped to be a good fourth quarter team given our personnel.