Sign in to follow this  
Bang Gundy

JR Smith: Like or Dislike?

Yes or No  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

Yeah that is the only way I'm in agreement with this plan. Man could you imagine Steve Nash working with JR Smith? Every SG that has ever played with him has seen their production go up big time.

Not to mention what he'd do for Dwight. A point guard like Nash woulld be the best thing to ever happen to Dwight. Also a Nash/JR Smith backcourt would wreak havoc offensively. I really like the idea of this two-part plan. Those who don't like Nash's defense please keep in mind Jameer is probably the worst defensive PG in the league. Granted Nash may be the second worst, but what he brings on offense would more than make up for it. Would the Suns do it though? They might, out of respect for Nash and to give him one final shot at a ring. Good God Otis, please make this happen. This is a move that would energize the franchise and might be enough to keep Dwight in Orlando.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We already have two other "J"s better than him on our team. Don't see how he'd help unless he'd play backup SF.

We'd get alot younger if we could move J-Rich and his 4-year deal and JR Smith/JJ Redick would make a nice one-two punch. He could also back up Turk at SF as you mentioned. You probably don't sign him unless you have deal for J-Rich (which can't happen til March 1st) or JJ in place.

We'd get alot younger if we could move J-Rich and his 4-year deal and JR Smith/JJ Redick would make a nice one-two punch. He could also back up Turk at SF as you mentioned. You probably don't sign him unless you have deal for J-Rich (which can't happen til March 1st) or JJ in place.

JR Smith's shot selection makes Hedo blush. JRich may not be great when he's missing shots, but he isn't detrimental. JR Smith can shoot you out of games.

JR Smith's shot selection makes Hedo blush. JRich may not be great when he's missing shots, but he isn't detrimental. JR Smith can shoot you out of games.

This. Smith is known to be very lazy on offense at times. He will end up camping behind the 3 point line on this team. Do not want.

• Downvote 1

It'd be up to Stan to reel him in if thats the case. He's very similar to Richardson but six years younger and much more athletic.

I'm confused by this multiple choice poll but I voted Otis Smith, although I felt that was redundant because while I wouldn't want JR Smith anywhere near this team, a vote for Otis Smith might as well be a vote for JR Smith as he's the kind of guy Otis loves.

This. Smith is known to be very lazy on offense at times. He will end up camping behind the 3 point line on this team. Do not want.

Isn't that exactly what J-Rich does now? Imagine J-Rich in three years with absolutely no knees, its not gonna be pretty.

Would be a good signing if we get him. Why is everone saying he is a sg when he has played more forward. I clearly remember watching denver games of the past seasons and the commentats saying that he would almost start on any other team but denver had a great like carmelo before him.

This isn't even remotely accurate.

Which part? Him being similar to J-Rich, younger, or much more athletic? They're both spot up shooters and streaky as hell, JR Smith is 5 years younger (not 6, my bad), and I'd say JR Smith is more athletic (okay, maybe not much more but more) at this stage of their respective careers. They're both athletic enough to get to the rim, but both tend to camp out behind the arch and settle for jumpshots.

Statistical Analysis:

Career MPG / FG% / 3PT% / FT% / RPG / PPG

JR Smith 23.5 / 42.8 / 37.1 / 74.1 / 2.8 / 12.5

J. Rich 34.5 / 44.2 / 37.4 / 70.8 / 5.1 / 17.8

They're actually much closer statistically than I thought to be honest. If you parlay Smith's numbers from 23 mpg to 34 mpg they're almost the exact same player, statistically speaking of course. Maybe JR Smith isnt a great deal more athletic, but he is five years younger and certainly has more left in the tank than Richardson. I mean the two don't share DNA or anything, but I'd say they're pretty similar players...definitely close enough for my statement to be remotely accurate, especially considering the rudimentary nature of my comparison. I hadn't even looked at the stats, which are remarkably similar and pretty much speak for themself.