Sign in to follow this  
Bang Gundy

JR Smith: Like or Dislike?

Yes or No  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

You mean like this?

Smith's first trip to the playoffs during the 2006-2007 season with the Denver Nuggets proved disappointing. Smith, a 39% 3-point shooter during the regular season, failed to connect on any three-point shots in the first four games and also was criticized for poor decision-making by coach George Karl. After game four, Karl informed reporters of his plan to bench Smith for all of game 5. Karl said, "He's done," and explained his frustrations over Smith's poor judgment to shoot a three late in the game, "I have no idea what planet that came from." Karl told the Associated Press that he had drawn up the play to give the ball to either Allen Iverson or Carmelo Anthony. Karl did not stop there and continued venting over Smith's poor play, "And then, of course the one with eight seconds to go, from 50 feet, I just love the dignity of the game being insulted right in front of me."

I haven't seen JR play that much besides a few snippets here and there and of course dunk highlights. Is he really that much of a neanderthal? Does he make Ron Artest look intelligent because he's pure neanderthal. There should be a league-wide standardized IQ test to filter out the neanderthals. I guess there wouldn't be enough players to fill rosters if that were that case though.

As Rashard always said, "most definitely."

someone chop jr in a magic jersey and send to him on twitter. i was looking through his twit pics and he had a few people did back in december after the lockout ended of poeple sending him chops of him in bulls and lakers jerseys

• Upvote 1

The Orlando Magic, however, will not be among Smith's suitors. The Orlando Sentinel reports that though Smith listed the Magic as a potential destination in a coy tweet, Orlando GM Otis Smith said that the team, despite its perimeter scoring trouble, is not interested in the guard.

ESPN reported all those teams except the Magic, so it isn't looking too great. JR Smith met up in LA with Coach Brown and said he had a good talk, but LA could only offer him the veteran's minimum, which is a lot different from the 6.9 million dollars he made playing with the Nuggets prior to his explosion in China.

It's unreal how much Orlando needs wing, SVG is begging for one. Yet Otis ignores his plea. I don't understand. With JR Smith putting us in his Twitter bio he was obviously interested in us.

You get JR because he's a pair of $50 dollar jeans that you can get for $20. You may not need then but you can't beat that price.

A woman will spend $5 on a $10 item she doesn't need if its on sale.

A man will spend $10 on a $5 item he needs at that moment

Maybe this is a way to keep things going good in house with the players until we pull the trigger on a trade. Smith would put us back on the map and help us move up from 5th to 3rd in no time.

I don't understand, Otis Smith has to be the worst GM in history... Even if JR didn't work out it would give a trade asset that we didn't have because a lot of people would be interested in JR Smith, we could had traded JR for someone Dwight wanted or we could have traded them both in separate trades and started rebuilding with a good lineup Otis Smith needs to be fired ASAP.