Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

Is Ryan Anderson part of the solution or trade bait?

IMO, Ryan is only "part of the solution" if you have a dominant big down low that can force double teams. He's my favorite player, but his offensive game is pretty reliant on how good his teammates are.

Aside from scoring, he's a beast on the glass and a decent defender. I also see him as being a great guy to have in the locker room.

Why does it have to be a dominant big. Any player wo commands a double team would open up Ryno. Ask Ray Allen. He never had a dominant big.

Why does it have to be a dominant big. Any player wo commands a double team would open up Ryno. Ask Ray Allen. He never had a dominant big.

Ray** Allen also destroys his opponent by running off screens and has one of the quickest high releases in the league

A POINT GUARD! ANYONE! Please get us a real point guard and our offense will be consistent and flowing.

The offense does flow...when jumpers are falling. The issue with this team is that when jumpers are not falling (and therefore there is no flow) we don't have someone that gets his own shot or get to the line. Deron Williams and Chris Paul are upgrades because they can run the offense or take over when necessary, if you can't get one of those two guys it really doesn't matter how great your playmaker is if you are feeding guys that are not hitting shots. We have got to get that guy that can end scoring draughts like the one we saw in the 2nd quarter last night.

It's simple: Ray can create his own shot and doesn't rely on spot up 3s to do most of his damage

It's simple: Ray can create his own shot and doesn't rely on spot up 3s to do most of his damage

Really? 82% of his baskets are long jumpers, and he is assisted on 86% of them according to 82games.com

For perspective 82% of Redicks' baskets are long jumpers as well, and he is assisted on 62% of them. That would insinuate that Redick creates more offense himself than Allen. It may be unfair to compare a declining Allen to a peaking Redick, but I thought it was interesting how many of Allen's points were assisted. Then again, he has a terrific pg feeding him the rock.

• Upvote 1

Really? 82% of his baskets are long jumpers, and he is assisted on 86% of them according to 82games.com

For perspective 82% of Redicks' baskets are long jumpers as well, and he is assisted on 62% of them. That would insinuate that Redick creates more offense himself than Allen. It may be unfair to compare a declining Allen to a peaking Redick, but I thought it was interesting how many of Allen's points were assisted. Then again, he has a terrific pg feeding him the rock.

And Anderson is assisted on 92% of his shots, which justifies what I said about Ryan not being able to create his own shot.

Just watching a Magic game, you can tell that Ryan either A.) camps out on the 3 point line or B.) crashes the offensive boards. Never do we see him coming off of screens or anything like we do for Ray Allen.

• Upvote 1