Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Time to Fire Otis Smith???

121 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Magic owners fire Otis Smith?

• Yes, it is time
    • No, it is not time

I have a bad feeling we are going to bust up this team trying to get players that Dwight wants, and then see him walk away at the end of the season anyway. Hope I'm wrong.

You know, I exactly see that as possibility. Otis failed at the Golden State remake. Lets copy the old Suns. We got JRich who no one wants so lets trade Dwight for Amare's limp behind and Chandler, then trade for Nash. How original.

Voodoo I see that happening too. This is my problem with Otis. No vision. Just retreads of other teams vision that didn't win a ship. Awesome.

I'm cool with Nash but damn, I hope Dwight or NY does not happen. I just hate that trade idea with a passion.

I mentioned way back about the rumor i heard about New York and Orlando discussing a trade involving dwight.

Again, that was a rumor from someone close but no names were mentioned. However, MY ASSUMPTION was that both amare and Tyson where involved and either hedo or Duhon and Qrich was included.

I dont know if that was true or not, but hearing it lately again makes me think that they are still in talks.

The latest thing was the nash discussion and interest in Ryan. Again, you all have seen it lately reported so it is nothing new.

Other than that, I know nothing

Someone also mentioned that Chicago was interested in Ryno. I don't know what might be of interest there unless they want to get rid of Carlos. Apparently boozer and Noah are not getting along well.

If they send boozer and Cj watson for Hedo, Orton and Anderson would you consider that? Boozer was another player that Dwight wanted here.

If it wasn't for Boozer's horrible contract that goes for another 4 years, it wouldn't be too bad, but that contact is a monster for what I think is a player with diminishing talent.

Another sign of how incompetent Otis is.

He should have gotten a draft pick from Washington in the Arenas/Lewis trade. We took on a much bigger contract therefore, we should have gotten something better.

Otis gives away a draft pick to Phoenix when they're clearly getting the better half of the deal.

Problem was that Otis was given an open check book, and just went on a spending spree.

The only good move he's done since being here was getting Alston and Ryno

I don't think Otis has the credit to work with other GMs, after shafting the Mavs, i think he has becomes black listed to many GMs.

Hence the losing deals he has constructed. MP, Gortat, Draft pick for Turk, Richardson(GS) with Earl being a throw in.... Horrible. Lewis for Arenas(GS).... Horrible

Signing Q Rich... Horrible

Signing Uhn.... Horrible

Drafting a suspect Orton.... Horrible

Drafting Fran Vasquez.... Horrible

Breaking up the 2009 Finals team.... Absolutely Stupid.

And now how he handles Dwight... Immature and not professional.

Otis time is up, he needs to go in the worst way.

I mentioned way back about the rumor i heard about New York and Orlando discussing a trade involving dwight.

Again, that was a rumor from someone close but no names were mentioned. However, MY ASSUMPTION was that both amare and Tyson where involved and either hedo or Duhon and Qrich was included.

I dont know if that was true or not, but hearing it lately again makes me think that they are still in talks.

The latest thing was the nash discussion and interest in Ryan. Again, you all have seen it lately reported so it is nothing new.

Other than that, I know nothing

Someone also mentioned that Chicago was interested in Ryno. I don't know what might be of interest there unless they want to get rid of Carlos. Apparently boozer and Noah are not getting along well.

If they send boozer and Cj watson for Hedo, Orton and Anderson would you consider that? Boozer was another player that Dwight wanted here.

Thanks. For the record, if the Magic choose to trade with NYK, I'd MUCH rather have Melo and Chandler and keep Ryan. That would give us our closer, our low-post defender and our lights out shooter. We'd still need a distributor and wing defender.

Ugghh. I still would rather have Griffin and Jordan.

I don't have any problem with Otis breaking up the 2009 Finals team. The 2010 squad was more talented and deeper than the 09 squad. Just in 09 we got lucky that KG was injured in the playoffs and we matched up so well with the Cavs.

Otis hasn't done an absolutely horrible job until last year. He found a way to completly ruin our future and cost us Dwight in just one year. It started with signing Duhon and then letting Barnes walk and replacing him with Q. Then the ultimate killer was the trade with Phoenix. We traded our best assets in VC's team option contract, a young beast center in Gortat and Pietrus' team friendly contract to bring back the horrible contract of Hedo that we were lucky to originally avoid and bring an declining J-Rich that has done nothing for us (to make it worse, Otis actually brought him back on a 4 year deal). On top of that, despite Phoenix getting the better end of the deal, Otis was still stupid enough to throw them a 1st round pick on top of it. The Arenas/Lewis deal wasn't a big deal. Otis gambled on Gilbert being a big time scoring punch here and it failed. But even if we didn't do that deal and keep Rashard, he would've been amnestied anyways so it was a complete wash. Otis continued his stupidity by giving J-Rich a four year deal as already mentioned and then trading away Bass' team friendly contract to bring in freakin' Big Baby on an awful contract.

Our 2010 team was actually deep with good balanced scored, we went from that to as deep as the kiddie pool with almost no support in the starting lineup minus Anderson. Ever since losing the 2010 ECF, Otis has been a trainwreck and should've ran himself out of town. It saddens me that he will likely still be a member of this organization when Dwight is gone, which is unfortunatly very soon.

I don't have any problem with Otis breaking up the 2009 Finals team. The 2010 squad was more talented and deeper than the 09 squad. Just in 09 we got lucky that KG was injured in the playoffs and we matched up so well with the Cavs.

Otis hasn't done an absolutely horrible job until last year. He found a way to completly ruin our future and cost us Dwight in just one year. It started with signing Duhon and then letting Barnes walk and replacing him with Q. Then the ultimate killer was the trade with Phoenix. We traded our best assets in VC's team option contract, a young beast center in Gortat and Pietrus' team friendly contract to bring back the horrible contract of Hedo that we were lucky to originally avoid and bring an declining J-Rich that has done nothing for us (to make it worse, Otis actually brought him back on a 4 year deal). On top of that, despite Phoenix getting the better end of the deal, Otis was still stupid enough to throw them a 1st round pick on top of it. The Arenas/Lewis deal wasn't a big deal. Otis gambled on Gilbert being a big time scoring punch here and it failed. But even if we didn't do that deal and keep Rashard, he would've been amnestied anyways so it was a complete wash. Otis continued his stupidity by giving J-Rich a four year deal as already mentioned and then trading away Bass' team friendly contract to bring in freakin' Big Baby on an awful contract.

Our 2010 team was actually deep with good balanced scored, we went from that to as deep as the kiddie pool with almost no support in the starting lineup minus Anderson. Ever since losing the 2010 ECF, Otis has been a trainwreck and should've ran himself out of town. It saddens me that he will likely still be a member of this organization when Dwight is gone, which is unfortunatly very soon.

I had problem with it. Although I didn't mind not repaying Hedo the contract he wanted (which is why it was also dumb to trade for him on that same contract 2 years later). I thought that was on point but trading away Lee imo, even though he was a role player wasn't the best move.

I do agree that the Phoenix deal was horrible.

I had problem with it. Although I didn't mind not repaying Hedo the contract he wanted (which is why it was also dumb to trade for him on that same contract 2 years later). I thought that was on point but trading away Lee imo, even though he was a role player wasn't the best move.

I do agree that the Phoenix deal was horrible.

I loved Lee, but Anderson has turned out to be the better NBA player. A perfect fit in our offense with Dwight too. That may actually be Otis' best move other than getting Alston for Brian Cook.