Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

I'd take back Gilbert Arenas over Chris Duhon OR Jameer Nelson

In light of tonight's historic game vs. the Celtics:

5 reasons Jameer is NOT at fault for the Magic's offensive woes:

1) His inability to create shots for others ENSURES that the live by 3 and die by 3 philosophy persists.

2) Not pushing the ball (like Rafer used to do) helps us become more predictable so that plays are easier to learn for rookies and new players. Less stress for Magic players that way.

3) The slipping and not being able to get the ball pass the half court line -- that's a ploy to tire out the other team's point guards. It won't work in the Finals.

4) Good for a game and bad for the next 2 games style of play is part of the Magic's "confuse the NBA" ploy so that we'll always be the underdogs. Better odds in Las Vegas for Rich Devos who tends to bet the Magic will win after Jameer's already had 2 bad games behind him.

5) Not getting the ball to the best center or passing it to him when he is 50 yards from the basket instead of when he's underneath it -- it's the Magic's way of keeping Dwight's value down so he doesn't avg 30 PPG.

Really, wouldn't it be great to see how this team would do with a true court general?

Who are you trying to convince?

Who are you trying to convince?

All the people who blasted me for creating this post. I mean, the Gilbert Arenas thing was a bit of a hyberbole -- but ANYTHING is better than this!!!!

All the people who blasted me for creating this post. I mean, the Gilbert Arenas thing was a bit of a hyberbole -- but ANYTHING is better than this!!!!

"Anything" is not better than this. People are starving to death every day. I find your comments offensive.

Really? Let's test this theory out. I'm betting if the Magic release Jameer several teams would be anxious to sign him. Arenas will never play in the NBA again. This makes your thread title completely and totally moronic.

Call me crazy, but I would take Arenas over any of our point guards right now. Maybe it's just because they have been sucking so bad

Ok, you are crazy...and possibly suffering from short term memory loss.

Ok, you are crazy...and possibly suffering from short term memory loss.

Not necessarily. The point is, Arenas after a summer of losing weight and additional rehab, plus a season with the new system. One can argue that Turk is doing much better this season after assimilating with the team again. There's the chance that Arenas could have played better this year. He had flashes of brilliance even in the Hawks series. ANYTHING is better than what we are getting at this point!

Not necessarily. The point is, Arenas after a summer of losing weight and additional rehab, plus a season with the new system. One can argue that Turk is doing much better this season after assimilating with the team again. There's the chance that Arenas could have played better this year. He had flashes of brilliance even in the Hawks series. ANYTHING is better than what we are getting at this point!

No, no it's not. Arenas hasn't received from a single NBA team. That should speak volumes.

I disagree, Arenas was a cancer to the team! Jameer just needs to act like a professional and not let Dwight's little comments affect his play! You get paid to perform at a high level and the fact that Otis makes excuses for him sickens me! Man up and help your team!