Sign in to follow this  
Beast From The East

Game Thread: Magic @ Warriors 1/12/12

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Magic
    • Warriors

With JRich hurt, we will probably see more Von and JJ will start. Also, Harper might make an appearance.

Harper needs to play some.... We have a shortened and condensed season... Give the Kid some burn with the normal rotation guys.... That's how most teams develop players.....

Hedo quietly had an excellent 20 point, 9 assist game tonight. I like his play this year, just think he is going to wear down this season like he did last year. I wouldn't be agaisnt Stan resting him on certain nights.

Hedo was quietly the other excellent player tonight... JJ was big in the 1st half, but did nothing in the 2nd half...

Ryan was actually decent too, but saw very limited action... Most likely because his defense was not up to par....

But in his defense Dwight's defense on Lee was less then desirable as well.

Hedo was quietly the other excellent player tonight... JJ was big in the 1st half, but did nothing in the 2nd half...

Ryan was actually decent too, but saw very limited action... Most likely because his defense was not up to par....

But in his defense Dwight's defense on Lee was less then desirable as well.

like drilling a 3 late in the 4th to give the Magic a 4pt lead...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Didn't get a chance to watch Inside the NBA afterwards, but I hope (I know it didn't happen) that Shaq took back his bullcrap about Bynum being the best big man in the league. I guarantee you that Bynum will never have a 40-20 and probably not even a 30-20 in his career. I'm glad Charles called out Chris Webber before the game for such a ridiculous notion.

Bynum's good, but better than Dwight? Really?

Why are people saying this garbage? If Dwight could hit a free through THEY WOULDN'T HAVE FOULED HIM 39 TIMES.

Anyone realize they were leading by 13 when they started hack a Howard? We were clearly the more tired team early and they were running us off the court. If MJ didn't slow the game to a halt with that terrible strategy we probably don't win.

True. Terrible basketball to watch. Hope the NBA changes the rule to follow international suit and prevent this garbage happening

True. Terrible basketball to watch. Hope the NBA changes the rule to follow international suit and prevent this garbage happening

Make free throws. It will stop then.

Make free throws. It will stop then.

He made a lot of free throws and scored like 45 points. That's a lot more points than he usually scores. You think it will stop now? Maybe it should stop now.

He made a lot of free throws and scored like 45 points. That's a lot more points than he usually scores. You think it will stop now? Maybe it should stop now.

Yeah, I am sure Dwight's league leading .459 FT shooting is making teams cringe at the idea of sending him to the free throw line. Or perhaps his .539 FT shooting last night will do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

General DOM

whats a good number for points per possession?

Year to year, the league average tends to fall around 1.07, with that number dropping to the 1.03 to 1.05 range when you eliminate fast breaks.

So shooting 2 FTAs per possession and making them at a 51.5% to 52.5% clip will roughly equal an average NBA half-court offense. Making them at 60%(roughly Dwight's career average) will put you at 1.2, which is better than any team in NBA history has managed, even without removing fast breaks.

• Upvote 1